Thread: Ironman

Ironman

For those that havenot gone to see Ironman yet, make sure you stay all the way through the credits.

Little look ahead at the sequel.

Great movie and Gwyneth looked absolutely amazing.
    Soulprovider - 70 Priest (Holy)
    Aahz - 70 Druid (Feral)

Remember, pillage then burn!

Quote Originally Posted by Redwingsfan View Post
    Great movie and Gwyneth looked absolutely amazing.
    Ya, she did.

I know I said this on the trailer, but Robert Downey Jr. fits PERFECTLY into the role of Tony Stark. I don't think that they could have made a better choice to play him.

I completely agree that Downing was the perfect fit for Ironman. It was was the best movie yet besides Transformers.

Renshin

Thanks for the heads up Wresh. Gonna go check this out Tuesday!!

Gah what did I miss during the credits...

The movie was worth the wait. Go see it if you haven't.

Ain

Quote Originally Posted by Aindayen View Post
    Gah what did I miss during the credits...

The movie was worth the wait. Go see it if you haven't.

Ain
    Little teaser about the next movie..

"Let's try 10% thrust...."

Oh God I laughed so hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystrae View Post
    Little teaser about the next movie..
    I guess this is a good excuse to see it again!

Ain

Saw this last night (tuesday) and it was fantastic! It had the perfect amount of hero cheese, hero training, and boss fight time. I'd see this movie again. It also has a soundtrack that would be great for the car with a few HP behind the drivers seat.

The teaser at the end is about 30s long, but worth the loooooong wait.

Best movie I've seen in years. Went with friends last week and I'm going on Saturday with my Father who is a huge marvel comics fan.
    Why do all current MMOs suck?

First movie completely from Marvel productons from what I hear.
    Ab alio spectes alteri quod feceris

Quote Originally Posted by Lonskils View Post
    First movie completely from Marvel productons from what I hear.
    Aye

Ain

Iron man 2 release date and other marvel movies

The blockbuster worldwide opening of "Iron Man" didn't just create a franchise -- it kept the dreams of an independent production company alive. While Paramount Pictures distributed and marketed the movie that may make Robert Downey Jr. the next Johnny Depp, Marvel Studios completely financed the reportedly $150 million picture (cough, more, cough). And with its reboot of "The Incredible Hulk" releasing next month under the same conditions (just swap in Universal Pictures as the distributor), the company that once sold off the rights to its characters believes it has justified to Wall Street investors this new strategy was the way to go. In fact, the studio was so excited about the success of "Iron Man" that, on the Monday after the blockbuster weekend, it announced release dates for a sequel and a slew of new projects that were previously only listed as in development. Here's a quick breakdown on what they have planned:
    "Iron Man 2"
    Release date: April 30, 2010
    Lowdown: This franchise has always been planned as a trilogy, and you can expect everyone to return and for Terrence Howard (aka War Machine) to get a lot more screen time.
    "Thor"
    Release date:
    June 4, 2010
    Lowdown: Think "Lord of the Rings" meets "Beowulf." The most recent script rightfully set the Norse god's origins in pagan times (and was a good read to boot). As the comic book version also lives in modern times, it will be interesting to see how director Matthew Vaughn ("Stardust") ties that into the movie. The more important question is whether Marvel will spend the money Vaughn needs to make the magical world of Asgard come to life.
    "The First Avenger: Captain America"
    Release date: May 6, 2011
    Lowdown: This is going to be a tough sell. Cap has been around since the 1940s, but other studios were always hesitant to develop the character because there isn't much appetite for a patriotic supersoldier draped in red, white and blue in the lucrative overseas market. Marvel is going full steam ahead, but even longtime comic fans wonder if this one can really succeed.
    "The Avengers"
    Release date:
    July 2011
    Lowdown: If you waited for the final scene at the end of the "Iron Man" credits, you heard Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson) tease audiences by introducing the Avengers Initiative to Tony Stark. This beloved superhero team has been around since the 1960s, and with Marvel controlling the rights to all the original members (Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Hulk) this may be a dream project come true. But is Marvel getting cocky thinking two "Avenger" movies can be hits in one summer?
    "Ant-Man"
    Release date: 2011
    Lowdown: This is tough sell No. 2. Henry Pym is a scientist who discovers a way to shrink himself to the size of an ant and to communicate with them in order to fight evil. Pym's character got much more interesting over time (not to mention bigger when he became Giant-Man), but this has always been a hokey concept that conjures memories of "Honey, I Shrunk the Kids." Note to Marvel: Just skip Pym's Ant-Man years and move ahead to his cooler, current identity of Yellowjacket.
    Which of these Marvel movies are you most excited to see? Share your thoughts on our message boards.
    Elkwood Level 70 Druid

That move was only on a $150 million budget?? Nice..
    Talas Pennysnatcher

Yea i hear numbers of 140 million to 150 for it.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/
    Elkwood Level 70 Druid