Thread: Wall-e

Wall-e

I liked the first half quite a bit, the second half was boring and seemed to have a lot of plot holes that just didn't make sense. Their new use of high-dynamic range looked AWESOME on Earth. You can see some good examples of this from the pics on Earth.

Really interested to see how kids like it. I think it's more of an adult movie, like Cars - but it doesn't have enough zany characters for kids to latch onto. But I expect a lot to run around saying "Waaaaaallllleeeee" in a fake robotic voice.

Also - the Bolt trailer looks good, and the Disney marketing isn't screwing up the sale, like they have done in the past (ratatouille, wall-e, meet the robinsons, etc - all had marketing campaigns that didn't reflect the movie at all). They took out the WDAS "look" and substituted the Pixar look, which is too bad. The WDAS look was really badass and original, so I hope they put it on a movie somewhere down the line.

My consensus is: go see Kung Fu panda instead, but I'm partial!
    Talas Pennysnatcher

I LOVED Kung Fu Panda.

I also LOVED Wall-E... but it in NO way is a kid movie IMO.

Wall-E is FILLED with classic Science Fiction literature themes and gives more to the people who don't take everything at face value and delv a bit deeper.

Go see this film, either way.

Hawt Dorf Incarnation 3.0 Kakeku's Avatar
    That is good to know! I planned to watch it with my family this Thursday. Maybe I will leave my son in home play WOW so my wife and I can go watch it.

Kung FU Panda was loads of fun. Car was a long and boring movie. My wife and I fell asleep during the movie. ~

Yea it had a much deeper meaning that it was tring to convey. Not sure that a child will really understand what it is saying. Though i think they might enjoy the movie a lot anyway!
    Elkwood Level 70 Druid

I'm going to say right now, with full honesty and lack of hyperbole, that I consider Wall-E the best movie made since my birth. I would seriously compare it to Citizen Kane (which I saw for a films class).

I didn't think it was possible to do a robot love story. Or a love story without dialog. Or to just plain GET robots like that.

I'm absolutely gobsmacked.

My kids loved Wall-E, though they liked Kung Fu Panda and Ironman better

Hoss / WoW (Friends/Family) Xanetia's Avatar
    yeah my students loved both Wall-E and Kung Fu panda, i enjoyed both as well, Panda for the entertainment value, and Wall-e for over all quality... i mean seriously...it takes some serious work to convey emotions, let alone a whole story line when the only dialogue is "Eeeeeeeevvvvvvvvvvaaaaaa" and "Waaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllleeeeeee" lol!

Xanetia
    Sarasmurff

"The internet is not something you just dump something on. It's not a truck. It's a series of tubes!"

I have yet to see anyof them /cry!