Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dark Knight

Dark Knight

Was a pretty good flick. Seemed to go on forever though. I thought that havey dent character actually stole the show.

Joker character was pretty good but didn't really do it for me.
    Elkwood Level 70 Druid

Elkwood. Where you been? I was going to pl you in aoc when you are on.

Renshin

Sigh ren i had a lightning strike on the house that blew up all my stuff. Stuck with a older pc right now that doesn't run aoc to good.

I have my parts picked up but after buying my new car and some stuff for it left me a bit short on cash.
    Elkwood Level 70 Druid

Captain Kallsex
    ill plvl ur face renshin!

Its a good movie, but lets face the facts.

Heath Ledger does NOT steal the show here. He plays a good Joker, no doubt, but it is not a career defining or world shattering performance.

The story is good, though perhaps not as polished as Batman Begins. Instead, the viewer is left with just enough details to get them into the next scene before something changes... a viable way to do a Joker storyline. However, lack of information and "filler" detail end up pushing this movie a little farther down than its' predecessor.

Worth a view, no doubt, but don't go in expecting miracles.

Hawt Dorf Incarnation 3.0 Kakeku's Avatar
    Ack, Elk! Sorry to hear abour the lighting strike. Hope your insurance will cover the tab.

I enjoyed Dark Night. Ledger as the joker gave a great performace. All characters in this movie had solid to great performace. I thought the girl Rachel' acting was the weakest but it is still solid.

Each piece of the movie is great but the whole product was not. I didn't feel any significant climax in th movie. The movie is about 20 minutes too long. Overall it is a very good movie different from other mindless summer flicks.

I hoped it would be a masterpiece like Lord of Ring- return of king type because of all hypes. It is not but I am not disappointed.

I am with Doma. I like Batman Begin more.

Quote Originally Posted by Domathoine View Post
    Its a good movie, but lets face the facts.

Heath Ledger does NOT steal the show here. He plays a good Joker, no doubt, but it is not a career defining or world shattering performance.

The story is good, though perhaps not as polished as Batman Begins. Instead, the viewer is left with just enough details to get them into the next scene before something changes... a viable way to do a Joker storyline. However, lack of information and "filler" detail end up pushing this movie a little farther down than its' predecessor.

Worth a view, no doubt, but don't go in expecting miracles.
    Probably because Heath wasn't available for filler shots afterwards perhaps?
    Ab alio spectes alteri quod feceris

I believe they had announced that all filming was done prior to his death.

Ehh I thought he was dead before they were completely done. So sad he died...

Hoss / WoW (Friends/Family) Xanetia's Avatar
    I thought it was fantastic, i honestly hated all the other batman movies i saw...but i didn't see batman begins...so i can't comment...i thought it was more like a "joker" movie with a hero in it...and they were like "hey! lets use batman!"

i thought Heath stole the show...but i'm a lady so i guess i'm biased? though i used to adore Christian Bale too...but Heath was fantastic... standing ovation by everyone in my theater... and that tractor trailer flip??? AWESOME!!!!!

You can be all "mediocre" about it, i thought it was one of the best movies i've ever seen and Heath should get an Oscar for it...he just proves he was extremely versatile, i honestly think though...he probably got so absorbed in such a creepy character that he needed those sleeping pills to go to sleep at night...and thats why he OD'd on them...but thats just my opinion....

ps. what about that new bond movie coming out that i saw in the previews! woo woo!!!!

Xanetia
    Sarasmurff

"The internet is not something you just dump something on. It's not a truck. It's a series of tubes!"

Good flick. Nothing bad to say about it.

I am pretty stoked about the new bond film.
    Oldmanska Dwarf Hunter Extraordinaire
    Oldmanksa Armory

They really did a great job of developing 2-face in my eyes.

I thought the Joker part was fantastic but it did get a great deal of hype. It was a very good acting job in my eyes. It wasn't the best ever, but very good.

All in all a very good movie. I would not put it over Iron Man though for enjoyment though.

Ain

I liked this movie much more than Ironman, and think it met my expectations. I agree that Maggie Gyllenhaal was not great, but at least she was not Katie Holmes! Aaron Eckhart did a good job as well. He was featured on Leno and the clip they showed was pretty horrible acting (the scene with the press release). Thankfully, that was the only really bad scene he did...

There certainly was too much hype about Heath Ledger, but I think he did a fantastic job. He definitely made this movie. I'm pretty sure he'll get a nomination, maybe the best actor. So far I haven't seen any better acting this year, in my opinion. The joker can be a pretty flimsy character. I think he outdid Jack Nicholson's version by a mile. He really creeped me out. There were times where the audience was laughing, but it wasn't really comical, it was creepy and insane...

I don't know what to say about Christian Bale playing John Connor. I hope Arnold can make an appearance!
    Talas Pennysnatcher

The "hype" on Heath Ledger wasn't over rated. He made Dark Knight that much better. He was the best performer out of all the actors/actress and definitely made me say "shit - that movie was the shit! the Joker owned!" I dunno about you - but I have yet to see a movie perform better than Heath this year. If you can think of a better actor for this year's release of movies - please let me know and I'll go watch it. Otherwise - there really isnt anyone better than how he played the role. He has my Best Actor award as Joker. You folks need to watch the movie again and look at how consistent he played the Joker...It's just pure money.
    the truth hurts but it sets you free...

................(___)..........
    .................|Oo|...........
    .......... /```` OO).........
    ........./ |____-- .......druids are fine, l2p
    .......*...L......L.............

I am not sure Heath Ledge' peformance as Joker can win oscar but it is definitely oscar worthy. I think this movie is so grand, story line and acting are so complicated and deep I probably need to watch twice to fully appreciate the movie.

I thought this movie was fantastic. A great sequal to Batman Begins. I will go see it again.

Hoss / EQ
    very good movie...christian bale makes an awesome batman..just like the new james bond.

I thought it was a great movie - great joker, great batman, and VERY well-made action sequences/effects - definitely going to see it in IMAX tomorrow just to get the full feel of all the effects put into it - i hear the trailer-flipping scene is AWESOME in imax :P

I'm still disappointed they totaled the bat-mobile. That thing was so bad ass...

Ain