Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Igb -- Are You In Or Out?

The solution might not be easy, but unless everyone here is willing to step up to the plate and keep order about doing it, nothing is going to get done. You might have issues with the other guilds here, they might have issues with you, but by not doing anything about the IGB results into one thing, kaos.

The IGB, to me at least, was guilds who were proud that they could work things out, and get things done, TOGETHER. I was proud to finally have my guild to that stage in the game, to be a member of the IGB (sorta reminds me of the KGB when I say it now that I think about it, heh), and be able to take out some of these mobs that us who started out almost the EXACT same time this server was created. CDO didnt come from another server, didnt bring tons of people who have alot of time to commit to a game, we were created here, and take great pride in being one of the guilds on this rotation. Even if it is just for a mob or 2.

I see it as a bit simpler, Sirensa. That is, not simple, but not difficult, either. It just boils down to a matter of resolve, and solidarity.

If we can agree that FFA is not practical in the Old World (fights, mayhem), and if we can agree to communicate, and cooperate, we can end this stupidity within a couple weeks, tops.

Simply put, the war for FFA will be fought mainly in ToV N.

ToV N is VI's monument to phat lewt and greed, and Vindication wants to live there, and reap.

I believe that we should encourage Vind to adhere to an old-world rotation system, and I further believe that the only way to make our point is to limit the very thing that drives them (phat lewt), by playing the game according to their demands.

The following is from a very erudite member of ML (although not Erudite):

The best way to choke their inflow of loot is to cut them off from NToV. Yeli, Dain, THO, ITR, etc. are all one shot mobs - First guild to arrive in force wins and they are as likely to be there 1st as we are. However, NToV provides a unique opportunity to play position with them. They cant camp the whole wing because they simply do not have the people. If they arrive 1st and begin breaking we COH to the back 5 and get position. This is effectively what Vindi did to Malla twice and it was not considered leapfroging by the GMs involved. Position is everything in verant's PNP lets be smart and play position. Once Aary is dead we can move to Vyemm. If Vindi takes back 5 1st we can either choose to take the front or wait for them to move to Aary CoH behind and go for Vyemm/Vulak. We have the advantage of Mage power. If they wipe out we potentially can change position in NToV very quickly and use PnP to force the GMs to give us our shot at the mob. We have the people lets be smart about how we apply them.

FFA is all about winning NToV. Thats where the highest concentration of uber loot is. Lets own NToV. Once Vindi is limited to the single shot ubers they win in races and a few NToV dragons at best then FFA isnt very attractive.

=====

I believe the above is an accurate analysis.

I was there yesterday, and Dlgoth, I think you better chat more with your guildies than with Vind.

Wehn we arrived, Vind have 19 in zone, and were in pit /pull spot. We gave them warning, more than fair warning, and an HOUR in which more of their people arrived, to a total of about 27ish. They pulled, people were NOT in their way. They pulled more than they could handle, and didn't abort.

Dain wiped all thier melee, and was going for casters. joint forces engaged, saving them several deaths. To say the rest of the fight was ugly and disorganized would be like saying a Rose can be red.

I was in discussions with a guide almost the entire time, and nothing done there by the joint forces was in any more violation in his eyes, than what Vindication did in N ToV to L`Malla.

You'd think you would be pleased that they failed trying to do it again.

They cant camp the whole wing because they simply do not have the people. If they arrive 1st and begin breaking we COH to the back 5 and get position. This is effectively what Vindi did to Malla twice and it was not considered leapfroging by the GMs involved.
    I agree that it is NTOV that will be the true weekly battleground. However, I am unsure as to how any guild can safely COH to the back 5 area since the addition of the patrolling mobs in both safe spots.

Seems whichever guild is set up for Aaryonar first gains the position. Unfortunately, camping there overnight does nothing to hold that position. And unless all of NToV is cleared in a day, the battle begins the next morning.

Am I wrong?

FFA in general has worked well for Luclin mobs to date. It really does boil down to NToV loot being the most sought after and where people will fight most adamantly.

Sirensa -

You are right about the pat, although (without going back to my board to look) I believe someone addressed that issue.

Quint can probably shed more light on it, one way or the other.

Even if we can't CoH to the back, the point is still the same, and that is to "Just say NO."

I have no problem taking ToV N first-in-force week after week, excluding Vindication, and helping to enforce an IGB friendly rotation.

After a few missed opportunities in ToV, I believe Vind would see their way back to IGB.

Rotations, particularly of ToV N, are the only fair way to run this server, and to keep folks who curse each other in the best of circumstances, from all-out riots and war.

It seems obvious to me.

But then, I play EQ to relax.

Bara

VE & In or Out

To answer the original question, VE is In.

I realize we don't represent the upper 1% of the server, so our viewpoint may not matter as much, but we're in.

And to say my little "piece", the only way that FFA will be destructive is if the rest of the server goes that way as well. If Vindication were be the ONLY guild doing FFA, they'd get tired of it after a while.

Remember when they were seekers, stole Ragefire, got hated, got sorry, came back?

No different, just slightly bigger scale.

Anyway, that's my 2cents.

i have a headache.

We're in. although we're a small guild and our main rotated mobs are now obsolete, the IGB was very good to us. As someone who's played on pvp and true FFA servers i can say, IGB is what set Druzzil Ro apart and im sad to see it go this way.

Friends, (You know who you are.) You can count on DSO for backup anyday.

im gonna go to bed now.
    Saeadebe
    Guild Goddess
    Dragonspine Order
    "Fuzzy Cleavage Owns You"