Thread: DAoC

Talking DAoC

Dark Ages Of Camelot

Wtf?

Could somebody give me a list of names of everybody in hoss on Daoc, and i wanna know why you are still playing EQ, when you could be RvR!!! btw if you havent played daoc yet, your missing out.

Izule
    :P

Laff

Camelot, while much better programmed than EQ and having an actual customer service attitute, still sux. It's like playing Doom where you see a simulated 3d environment but it's really a 2d game, all you do is change elevation. Not to mention once you pick a realm you lose ***two thirds*** of the game content right off the bat. There is not one mob that takes more than a single group of 8 to kill because the game is completely RvR centric with no PvE in the high end game. Some of us remember the pathetic downward spiral of UO because of exploits in the PvP area, Mythic is dreaming if they think they can keep the same from happening in DAoC. Anyway if you like Camelot please go play it so there are more mobs for me in EQ

>O<

Hoss / EQ

Re: Laff

Originally posted by Ookep
    There is not one mob that takes more than a single group of 8 to kill because the game is completely RvR centric with no PvE in the high end game
    wrong

Red face Lmao

Ok for one there are alot of mobs that take more than 8 to kill I.E. the glacier giant which took all 3 realms to take thats alot of people, and still was hard. Then other mobs that take more than 8 you dont know cause you are a EQ im nevar going to switch idiot that probably hasnt even installed DAoC... so therefore you cannot talk.

p.s. Stylean r0x
    :P

Grew up in Qeynos, currently a resident of Thurgadin

DAoC

I have to be honest here, I've only seen DAoC for a very brief time...but still had this problem with it:

The name.

Dark Ages of Camelot. That reminds me of First Knight, and that makes me think of Richard Gere (dick for short)...and that makes me think of closet homosexuals.

Hoss / EQ
    1) There is a lot of ppl in EQ hoss that have tried DAoC and came back.

2) If you dont like PvP there is not much there, DAoC has the reputation (witch if you know anything about how MMOG's are made is probably 99% chance of being true) of being a PvP game... notice how many PvP servers there are in EQ.. notice how UO went by the wayside. (to put it a bit better, a PvP centric game almost by definion cant be a good PvE game due to the fact that history has told the gaming industry that if you give ppl a choice, a majority of subscribers will run away kicking and screaming from PvP. If you make PvE good, it will kill the PvP aspect in most cases)

3) Ookep did play a ton of DAoC, and while they may have added content since he has played does not make his perception that DOaC is not for the masses any less valid than your perception than Hoss people should be playing DOaC over EQ.

In conclustion take your petastool and stick it up your ass.

waright
    A life without song, drones on...

LOL Elkay, nice line.

Re: Lmao

Originally posted by -Izule
    Then other mobs that take more than 8 you dont know cause you are a EQ im nevar going to switch idiot that probably hasnt even installed DAoC... so therefore you cannot talk.
    HAHAHA. Well considering I beta tested the game ... I hear they have added some "epic" areas so maybe there is mobs now that take more than a single group. Anyway please GO PLAY CAMELOT, leave lame EQ to us losers who like significant amounts of content, a true 3d world, and shitty customer service.

>O<