Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The new (old) IGB

Blog Entries

The new (old) IGB

So here we are in a new era for Druzzil Ro. There are a lot of people confused about what is happening and why, but I think we all need to be able to deal with things for the moment and try to make the best of things.

I have locked all of the rotation/non-rotation threads, as they really don't mean much right now. You may then be asking, what is the purpose of this forum then?

Well... the IGB was originally formed so that all out war didn't break out on our server. There was a lot of bad blood between Seekers and ML, and I tried to get everyone to work together to make Druzzil Ro a more peaceful place.

This forum is where official guild representatives could talk and settle problems outside of public forums (which typically degenerated into flame fests). As that was the original intent of this forum, I think that the usefulness of the IGB has not worn itself out - it has just changed from what we all grew used to over the past year.

Rotations and other things were sort of developed on the side over time, and I will be the first to say were actually the downfall of what the IGB became.

Anyway, at this point I would like to go back to the roots of what this forum was. A place to settle grievences, a place to argue, a place to make arrangements with others (yes, believe it or not, even a FFA server can allow for a guild to "plan" a raid someplace under the right conditions).

So.. what do you think the IGB should be now?
    Firanja - Medicor Mortuus
    Andaas Taranis - Druidicus Corpsus
    Andae - Clericus Inanimis

Seems pretty obvious most if not all of you don't want IGB to be for rotation scheduling anymore...so what else can it be for but a place to argue/settle arguments etc etc?

BTW Ciner finally replied in the other forum if no one noticed yet.

Not happy that it's come to this...but since I'm not a member of the 'big four' I guess it really doesnt matter what I think. Winds up looking like mid-size and smaller guilds don't matter, which I must admit pisses me off. We didnt spend the last 4 months bustin' ass to make NI stronger to suddenly get stopped dead in our tracks, by people who pay the same amount of money that we do every month...just because they all want more toys for themselves.

Doesn't really matter, so enough on that line of thinking.

/shrug, so SURE, let's use this forum to settle disagreements and such.

/sigh
    Lylala Raindancer
    Hierophant, daughter of Tunare
    "Druids do it better!"

Talking ?

how does it stop you dead in your tracks ?

sure u miss out on maybe a sure attempt at somthing but get their first ... Honed hasnt had any probs

Dlgoth asked if we were gonna try velk

and it was our very first attempt ... and we had np with anyone

almost had em too Velk left

i know he s not the statue ect but jus gotta work a little harder to get there
    Danst Stonesoul

“The gods do not protect fools. Fools are protected by more capable fools.”
    Larry Niven

It all depends on the mob you're talking about tho. Like you mentioned, try to kill Statue or one of the other mobs that are more sought after and you will get my point.

We can deal with FFA just fine but I just don't like it.
    Lylala Raindancer
    "Druids do it better!"

Talking /shrug

first it stops your guild in your tracks ... now you can deal with it you jus dont like it

which is it lol

and i understand the point but its not like there is only 1 mob that drops phat lewt

oh well /shrug
    Danst Stonesoul

“The gods do not protect fools. Fools are protected by more capable fools.”
    Larry Niven

Vind imploded, can we start negotiations with ML to get the IGB back up and running? As much as I kinda dig the non rotated gig, not being able to even have a shot at NToV thanks to the majority of my guild having jobs sucks ass.

Not caving, but I think we can all agree that with vind off the rotations and them being back in place, we can all kill stuff, more often and without the stress of having to skip work/school to even have a shot at stuff. Looking mainly for Hoss like response, since L`Malla and hoss were named for it.
    Rezz

Jesus on the dashboard
    Whenever it feels right

For the most part, Hoss was not against rotations. We are not against FFA either.

If all guilds wanted a rotation system - we would not be the guild to stop it.

I do believe though that ML enjoys the FFA lifestyle and would prefer to remain that way.

We didnt implode, we're moving to Legends =\

Well, those that can afford, gotta love EQ!
    Last edited by Ciner; 02-05-2002 at 01:12 PM.

ML is in favor of rotations. They just do not want the IGB to be on a hoss site.

I really dont care either way who hosts it. But I am in favor of a rotated system. I do think some changes need to be made tho. I dont think mobs like ragefire and sev should be IGB anymore. Move them to druzzil ro.net
    Thanatoz the Tyrant

I believe NI agreed to host the mobs that were in agreement to be moved, and we were not moving those mobs to the Dro net site.

We offered to help if needed with it but I got little response from the other officers in my guild concerning taking this on. I know that VE also offered to take it if needed. I for one just became frustrated because no one here was talking or trying to work any solutions out. We can still probably work something out if needed. I would rather see any of us hosting it than for this stuff to go to Druz-Ro.

And yes, NI also supports rotations over FFA but I agree with Thanatoz that more mobs should be left off of the rotations. I still don't think its a good idea to have them on the Druz-Ro board. I think if that happens with these mobs, chaos will ensue. While there were a few problems, for the most part, those who wished to fight VS or other rotated mobs were allowed to. This wasn't something that was written in stone but it seemed to me like those guilds posting on the old "Unrotated Ubers" section were being courteus of each other's requests.
    Lylala Raindancer
    "Druids do it better!"

Blog Entries
    Going to reinstate ML access here so this can be discussed easier.

For what its worth, I approached hosting this forum without bias, and didn't think that anything done here from an administrative standpoint could have been considered out of line.

As I mentioned in the other thread - I did overlook the fact that Ubar had forum access here after removing Vindication rep access. Apparently that was a sneeky underhanded thing... although it was just a mistake. /shrug

If this forum is to be hosted elsewhere, that is fine by me. However, from what members of my guild (former ML members) have communicated to me regarding ML forum admin concerns - Hoss will not participate in an IGB forum that is administrated by ML.

I will participate in them at IG, L`Malla, or anyone else's site - but if any of the leaders of ML are in control of the forum I will not trust that posts will be left open for discussion and/or unaltered by admins to suit their needs.

I will say that is something that never happened on these forums, and I would hope that wherever the IGB is hosted in the future would retain the standards that were set here.

I personally have no problem with IGB headquarters remaining exactly where it is...easier for everyone IMO, and I've never had any problem with Hoss hosting in the first place. Can we please leave it as is? /plead

The only downside to putting it on NI's board is, well, um....our board kinda sucks LOL. It's great for us, it serves its purpose, but it's kinda short on special features, etc. But if needed, we will host it. But since ML seems to really want to do the hosting, I wont do anything until it's necessary
    Lylala Raindancer
    "Druids do it better!"

I talked to Quintall yesterday and he mentioned wanting a new board where all guilds would have one rep with admin access. The guilds participating would donate to remove the pop up adds etc.

He also said that they didn't want a situation where only ntov was rotated and the rest was ffa.

Since I know some people arn't fond of UBB, if anyone wants to throw me this software I can host whatever. I got our website running on its own box with some nice fat bandwidth. Basically I'm sitting on multiple gigs of space with nothing to do with it, so I'm more than happy to host anything. I'm always at the pc during the day and I'm quite quick at updating things (access etc).

I dont' care where the hell its hosted to be honest. Just saying I have no issues giving out some bandwidth/space.
    70 Rogue/GM of L`Malla

Honestly, and this is just from my perspective, nothing was biased on these boards. I don't see how anything could be contrived as that, because simply put, we all had a hand in keeping things square, hell, ML was in charge of the rotation updating for months. I'm game for whatever, I just want rotations back up so I can go back to getting sleep ;p

For the rotations deal, I agree, just NToV would be dumb if all guilds want more then that's fine. My proposal was to get Vindication back semi into the rotated gig so we wouldn't have what happened, nobody bought it so ignore it basically. Mobs like Sev, Zord.. hell Sont and Kland now.. they aren't exactly high priority and too many people wanna test their mettle against em. If we reinstate rotations exactly as they were, great. If we want to scale it down, I would say Sev, Zord, Sont and Kland, possibly Trak would be the ones to be removed from it due to their kinda over/under use. Just my thoughts.
    Rezz

Jesus on the dashboard
    Whenever it feels right

I really think ML needs to get over hoss hosting the site. Its here its in place...why fix it? EZ board sucks ass. ML was updaing it all the time why is there a problem? Hoss cant gain anything by hosting it.

As for mobs that need to be left out. I think the question is are guilds like hoss, ML and lmalla going to keep making a push for ST? I know IG still wants keys and well farm our primal at a slow boring pace. So on mobs that are key givers only ie sont and kland( there loot is minimal), will you guys be pushing to kill them still?

I dont think anyone hates being FFA, but I dont think anyone loves it either. So my suggestion is that anything Kunark is treated as FFA. Luclin remains FFA. Velious is rotated. Mobs in SoV that can be FFA should be Velk-Telk-Gozz-Kland-Sont.

This gives us some excitement and some peace of mind in the game.
    Thanatoz the Tyrant

Also I suggest if we do do this... lets make it happen on the 13th(patch day).
    Thanatoz the Tyrant

im talking to quintall right now...says he doesnt have access..fix it sirensa or suffer my wrath!
    Thanatoz the Tyrant

Blog Entries
    Done, hehe. I got Roh, Bara, and Selice access last night but forgot Quintall.