Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The new (old) IGB

Thats it, Andaas is being biased...

Now on a serious note...over on druzzil-ro.net every monkey and their brother has decided to take it up on themselves to decide how and what and where the IGB should be.

Long story short, I don't care MUCH where it's hosted, but I'm not going to deal with a PUBLIC IGB.

The IGB should stay private to the leaders and selected officers of each guild and it should remain that way.

Many discussions that happen on these boards are things that should ONLY be discussed between the leaders/officers of guilds, and not everyone in the guild needs to read about it. We are the leaders/officers of our guilds for a reason, and if the members don't have faith in us to do our jobs and settle disputes without trying to peep over our shoulders, then there's no point having any form of hierarchical structure.

While we're at it, the threads in this forum (save this thread) need to be archived. Clean slate here. Access to any Vindication member should be removed totally, and the other forum that was started temporarily needs to be removed.

Frankly, I don't give two shits if its hosted on Hoss's boards. It does Hoss no amount of good to have it here (other than upping their post counts to gain stars )

If we're going to start up the IGB again, the mudslinging needs to come to an end. We all keep talking about being adults and thats why we want rotations, but the crap being spewed on Druzzil-ro.net between each other isn't very adult, and neither is this my way or the highway bullshit. We need to discuss this and come to an agreement, not guilds a and b agree with guild c's views. ALL of us need to agree TOGETHER. It's really not that tough here.
    70 Rogue/GM of L`Malla

Oh one thing I have to say that I am most proud about from ALL of us...

None of our mud-slinging flame fest logs have been cut and pasted onto public forums.

Tempting as it may be =D

Blog Entries
    Can Baramos and I post some of our greatest hits to public boards?

PLEASE?
    Firanja - Medicor Mortuus
    Andaas Taranis - Druidicus Corpsus
    Andae - Clericus Inanimis

Oh one thing I have to say that I am most proud about from ALL of us...

None of our mud-slinging flame fest logs have been cut and pasted onto public forums.

Tempting as it may be =D
    Unfortunately only mostly true, not 100% Stuff I said here about Vindi got copied to the DRo boards. At the time, Vindi wasnt supposed to have IGB access.

Thankfully it was quickly sent to "The Void".

/shrug

Rotations startng the 13th?

So say we all agree this is what it would look like come the 13th when IGBv2.0 goes live?

CT -
    ML
    Hoss
    L`Malla
    NI

Zlandicar -
    Hoss
    GAP
    IG
    L`Malla
    NI
    ML

Tormax -
    IG
    ML
    L`Malla
    Hoss

Statue -
    L`Malla
    Hoss
    ML
    NI
    IG

Dain -
    ML
    Hoss
    L`Malla

Dozekar -
    Hoss
    IG
    VE
    NI

Lendinaira -
    Hoss
    L'Malla
    IG
    ML

Yelinak -
    ML
    L`Malla

N ToV -
    L`Malla
    Hoss
    ML
    IG

VRP -
    ML
    L`Malla
    Hoss

FFA mobs are - Klandicar, Sontalak, Velk, Telk, Gozz, anything Kunark.

This look ok for everyone? Not trying to play favorites..just trying to get the ball rolling.
    Thanatoz the Tyrant

I'd like L`Malla on doze when they go live, toss us in at the end~

Otherwise that would be fine for me. Yes, L`Malla does still intend to make a push to getting everyone a ST key, just because it's fucked up to get half the people stuff then stop getting it. But we won't be bailing on any rotation mobs to drop sont/kland, as they kinda have shit fer drops (beyond a few level 60 spells from kunark, which are nice!) Vind being removed from the boards isn't a strike against them, they are kinda leaving the server, so they don't really need a part of this. I'd like to see some Mythic response from this. If they have a problem hosting it here, then we'll move it to L`Malla's website or something, or simply toss it in the webspace and host another site.. either or.

We all still agree on the rotation guidelines set forth when the IGB was formed? I know L`Malla does.

ML: Everyone is waiting on you now.
    Rezz

Jesus on the dashboard
    Whenever it feels right

Not to be a stick in the mud - but I am not quite ready to jump back into full-force IGB yet....

There are things we need to discuss, changes that should be made.

ML has created an EZboard "new" IGB forum. I have yet to access it as I need some time to think and talk to the guild on what we would like to see different should we go back to IGB.

I don't like that attitude coming from ML that it is their way or not at all - I would like the IGB to have some sort of enforced method of dealing with conflict within itself.

Right now I feel like my hand is being forced - and I am not willing to subject Hoss to another guild's whims/rules.

I am not saying I am pro-FFA. It's quite simple to re-create the calendar system - but that doesn't solve all of our problems.

Long story short, this isn't going to get resolved. I have no desire to change boards again, especially if its crappy ezboard, ML is refusing to discuss anything, and Hoss still seems to be sitting on the fence...
    70 Rogue/GM of L`Malla

Blog Entries
    Since all we are doing right now is discussing the possible return of the IGB, I think that for now, ML representatives can make a presence here for the discussion.

If we all come to an agreement as to how the IGB should be changed and run in the future, I am fine hosting it anywhere - be it a shared admin site like ML has set up, or at L`Malla's or someone elses site.

Unfortunately, as Sirensa has said above, things can't be run the same as they were before. We need to figure out how to set up rotations that is in the best interest of all parties involved.

I agree Andaas, but ML apparently won't even come here to discuss.
    70 Rogue/GM of L`Malla

Yes, we are sitting on the fence. Never fear though we will get off of it at somepoint soon. I just am unwilling to rush into any rash decisions.

Why? Because I did not like the way IGB previously functioned and I believe it was destined to implode quite similarly to how it did.

So hypothetically - cause we know how everyone loves my hypotheticals, we go back to full-fledged IGB rotations? What happens in NTOV? Is it still 4 days? Cause 4 days to clear is BS in my mind. What if ML strong-arms us like they are doing now? "You're either with us or against us"

So yes - while there have been rumors since Friday. It was only TWO days ago that it was certain in our minds that Vindication people would most likely be moving off the server.

Hoss is currently discussing the situation on our message board as we believe our member's input is a valuable as that of Andaas or I. We won't ride the fence forever - but I believe a few days to discuss the matter with our guildmates and discuss potential changes to the previous IGB with guild representatives is more than fair.

Well I agree with you to an extent, Sirensa. People can point fingers all they want and say that the IGB made my guild..whatever. When I joined the IGB the only things being rotated was Trak, CT and Inny (pre upgrades). I PURPOSELY kept us a step behind the other guilds on rotations for a long time to not but heads and go through the crap we're going through now, and I never put us on a rotation until I knew we could kill the mob. The only rotation I was on that we took a few attempts on was the first upgrade to CT.

With the state of guilds and the server now, there are many mobs that no longer need rotation and havent been for a while (mainly the mobs that Thanatoz posted about earlier). Hoss, ML, and L`Malla know what we can kill and do so every turn of our respective rotations.

bleh, i'd type more but my cable is fucking up and booting me every 2 minutes and between this board and the crap on the druzzil board, i'm a bit ticked atm
    70 Rogue/GM of L`Malla

i realize NI is far from being one of the "big three", but IMHO we still have a say in the goings-on of the server, considering we do have an interest in some of the mobs that would be on any IGB2.0.

My 2cp: i think something that should be re-considered is the idea of "earning" one's way onto a rotation. I realize that this has the potential of hurting us as far as being on a few of the rotations that we're uncapable of being on, but the idea has merit. After a few tries at Kland, CT, et al, we've come to acknowledge that we simply don't have the power for all the ubermobs. certain mobs are harder than others, and it's pointless to let every guild and their dog try a mob that they have no chance at beating. so say we create a scale of uber mobs; most of the people involved in the IGB know which mobs are harder than others, surely we could come to a consensus as to which order they should be listed in, and come up with a tier system, and you would have to kill X number of mobs (be they different mobs, or the same mob would be determined through discussion) on tier A before you could get on a rotation for a tier B mob and on up the scale. here's a hypothetical layout:

Tier A
    Dozekar
    Zlandicar
    Statue of Rallos Zek

Tier B
    King Tormax
    Klandicar
    Cazic-Thule

Tier C
    NToV
    Sleeper's Tomb
    Lendiniara
    Yelinak

Tier D
    VRP

not saying this is exactly how it should be divided out, just suggesting a format. questions? comments? flames?

now, i know the main counter-argument was "who are we to tell each other and the rest of the server what we can or cannot kill?" well, if we show that we can kill something weaker, then it becomes a moot issue, because we have shown we are ready to try the next level of mob strength. as the rotations stand (or stood), my guild, Novus Invictus, could ask to be put on the NToV rotation any day, and because of the rules you would have to at least let us try, and give us the normal 7 days to give it a go, during which time we would experience severe losses in xp, and much dragon loot would be wasted because that would be one round of dragons not killed. during which you NToV-capable guilds would piss and moan about how we didn't belong there see my point?
    -S McB

Blog Entries
    7 days in NToV was one of the huge breaking points of the IGB. Hoss and Vindication were both pressing for the allotted raid time to be reduced to 2 or 3 days, and ML REFUSED to back down from a 5 day raid.

If the IGB were to embrace NToV for rotations again, the raid time should be reduced to 1 day. You have your day and kill what you can -- fall short of clearing and it rolls over to the VRP squad.

Is this unfair to newer guilds joining the rotation? No actually. It would allow someone to test the waters of NToV and kill a few dragons, then clear out. The next day, the VRP rotation moves in and finishes the job.

As a younger guild gets more experienced, they will be able to kill more and more - and the presence of someone "learning the ropes" of NToV won't interfere with the experienced guilds from killing there regularly.

I agree with ntov...2days seems fine to me.
    Thanatoz the Tyrant

Ditto on the two day thing...Hell our third NToV run when the FFA crap started we were set for clearing in two days...If our rotation could fall on a weekend we could do one day I'm sure, but when most of my guild works during the week one day would be pushing it.
    70 Rogue/GM of L`Malla