Thread: Requests for Mobs?

Requests for Mobs?

So since there seems to be little use for the IGB now considering the present status of the server, I got a question about FFA then.

Are us smaller guilds going to be allowed to request a chance to try certain mobs? Say we would like to try Zlandicar or something -- can we request that we be allowed a certain number of chances or say 1 evening to kill him? If this kind of thing is to be addressed here, I think it's fair to say that no guild can request more than 1 mob in a day or even more than a certain number in a week would be fair to me. Maybe even establish a tier of mobs in order of difficulty? Requesting guilds cannot request for a mob that is in a tier that they haven't proven they can kill mobs in yet, until they kill the ones below it -- for example, we could not request Statue until we have proven we could kill Vindicator. Just an example, of course. Since we haven't done many of them yet, I'm not sure of the levels of difficulty of all mobs, but you guys who have done them will know what I'm trying to say.

I am not trying to undermine FFA in any way, just presenting another option that might be fair to many of the rest of us. A request for a fair chance at a mob, IMO, should allow a guild several hours to try out strategies on mobs without being constantly hounded by a guild who wants to move in and take him, or have their ppl lagging like hell because 45+ members of said guild are sitting in zone waiting for the requesting guild to either finish or fail. That is not a fair chance. Go do something else and return later. The requesting guild would have to keep in mind that when their time ran out, it is time for them to move on and let the guild who is waiting move in -- no questions asked.

If something like this were an option and I'm not even sure it is on a FFA server (though I don't see why FFA should not also include a bit of fairness), could you guys post some thoughts on this and maybe we could try to establish some fair guidelines? I know that the guilds that are the "big four" did not kill these mobs on their first tries in most cases. I think the rest of us should be allowed that same opportunity because right now I don't see any semblance of fairness under the seemingly current FFA conditions. Those guilds currently walking the "fence" between rotated and FFA could maybe at least help present some options for some of the rest of us who are unsure about FFA. IGB is all that I have known and I am reluctant about FFA and the impact it will have on our guild in the long term, most of which I think will not be good.
    Lylala Raindancer
    Hierophant, daughter of Tunare
    "Druids do it better!"

Blog Entries
    I'm not opposed to something like that with regards to Zlandicar as such, however, there is a lot of interest in the Statue at the current time as some of us are about able to kill the Avatar of War.

Because the AoW spawn is limited to 1 hour of time immediately following the death of the Statue, it allows for very limited attempts for a guild. Expect to see a lot of pressure on the Statue spawns in the coming weeks.
    Firanja - Medicor Mortuus
    Andaas Taranis - Druidicus Corpsus
    Andae - Clericus Inanimis

At this point, VE making mob requests on this forum would be self-defeating. Ciner specifically said told that Vindi will make every effort to prevent VE from killing any rare mob.

If Ciner retracts his statement, we'll reconsider.

umm no. Of course hoss has no issue with zlandicar...hes pretty much shit now since ST is low totem pole. Requesting mobs will do nothing but help lesser guilds. You want to kill something then you do it old school and keep tabs on it and be there to kill it pronto when it spawns.

Personally I dont like FFA but im not going to help other guilds by letting them know x mob is up and please lets us know if you fail..so sorry but no. This is competition and I do not help my competition...i will however be nice and work things out. IE the last issue with THO with ML worked out fine in my view.

this is the new game...nothing personal its just business.
    Thanatoz the Tyrant

Sounds good then. I wasn't sure if it would work either, just a suggestion. Consider NI to be FFA as well then until something else might be considered. At this point, I agree with Thanatoz and things seem to be just business. So be it.
    Lylala Raindancer
    Hierophant, daughter of Tunare
    "Druids do it better!"