Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Gemmi?

=( I'm so sad right now..

I don't know what to say

Lons just told me... I'm stunned. Gemmi has been a wonderful person for as long as I've known her and a complete sweetheart. I feel so awful now because I promised her a few years ago to make a character portrait of her EQ toon holding the epic 2.0 weapon she had gotten. I started working on it right after she got it.. but never really finished it. I'm sure she would have loved it even if I had scribbled it in crayon...
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    - Dr. Seuss

Hoss/WoW
    My condolences to Hoss-EQ, and Gemmi's family. Sorry to hear about this.

L-O-L-A Lola

I keep seeing sweetheart used in nearly every post, and that was also the first thing that came to mind when I was informed. She will be very missed by many people. I'm not sure that her family will ever read this, but I am sure that they know how many people's lives that Gemmi touched.
    Never underestimate how complicated simple life can be...

Gemmi: I first got to know her when I was multi boxing in AR during SoL (in Everquest). I was still part of Night Kids and she was one of the people who explained more of Hoss to me. I wouldn't have an elaborate family in the virtual world now without her kindness and generosity, both of her time and patience. I will surely miss her and all her stories about her baby girl and her progression towards college (not to mention her dog). I will surely miss her. My prayers are with her and her family. :Love:
    the truth hurts but it sets you free...

................(___)..........
    .................|Oo|...........
    .......... /```` OO).........
    ........./ |____-- .......druids are fine, l2p
    .......*...L......L.............

I will always remember all the times she helped me out in the guild and her patience when I asked nublet questions. Gemmi was a great officer and one of the best damm magician's in EQ.

I know she is in a better place away from the pain of cancer and I pray for her family.

Renshin

Blog Entries
    You'll be missed, Arly.

I really am stunned..

To me, Gemii represented the softer side of Hoss, the side that was the family aspect of such a driven, accomplished, experienced guild. It was this good natured, soft spoken, always friendly demeanor that led me to choose her character name for a spell line in EQ last year. When she saw these new spells, I got a PM from her right away expressing that it had brought a smile to her face, and that lately she needed that more than anything. I didn't press for more info, but it seems now I understand why, and it now brings a smile to my face knowing that perhaps I was able to make her happy even if only for a small moment in a very dark time.
    Elidroth, Overlord Skirt

Booyakasha!

Im so shocked right now, I had no idea she had progressive cancer.

Gemmi was like a mom in EQ Hoss. She represented the best of what we were. She was always happy to "see" you in game or IRC no matter how long it had been. I dont know what else to say, Im too stunned, except we will miss you Gemmi.
    Zobb
    Crabbe

You know, I rather like this God fellow. Very theatrical, you know. Pestilence here, a plague there. Omnipotence ... gotta get me some of that!

Quote Originally Posted by Elidroth View Post
    I really am stunned..

To me, Gemii represented the softer side of Hoss, the side that was the family aspect of such a driven, accomplished, experienced guild. It was this good natured, soft spoken, always friendly demeanor that led me to choose her character name for a spell line in EQ last year. When she saw these new spells, I got a PM from her right away expressing that it had brought a smile to her face, and that lately she needed that more than anything. I didn't press for more info, but it seems now I understand why, and it now brings a smile to my face knowing that perhaps I was able to make her happy even if only for a small moment in a very dark time.
    Elid Gemii and I talked about this all the time you just don't know how happy it had her feel pal and lots of our old guild members went out and got copy of the gemmi spell so not only did you make Gemii Happy Elid you made a LOT of People in EQ remeber her with the Spell. And this makes ME HAPPY

P.S. I sented her Ex-husband a Email about taking Max her Dog I hope to here from him soon.... I think this will make Gemii Happy
    80 cleric
    Retired member of HOSS

(```````````|\
    | [_]_[_] []_|#|-\
    |Sendain BUS |#|~~}
    ```O`O````O

Very sad news.

Gemmi was one of my first friends in EQ. She'd regale me for hours with tales of what she was doing with her friends as I sat around putzing in FM and eventually OT. She was always patient when I'd ask, "what's there", or "how do I get there", and even "you think I could solo there", though now I realize how silly and annoying those questions probably were.

I remember one time I died in Dreadlands right at the ZL from FM. I didn't know how, I just zoned in and died. I died again when I went back to get my body. Once more it happened, and I expressed my annoyance to her since we'd been chatting. She ran and boated (back when people still took the boats to FV) through several zones just to help me out, only to die herself. She then realized it was the dragon, Gorenaire. She then got a port back, and trained Gorenaire off as I recovered my body. She herself died doing it, but told me not to bother trying to help her as her friends would give her a hand as I was just too low.

Over the years I've missed those conversations, and always hoped somehow they'd happen again, but I never made the time I should have to reinitiate contact with her. I regret that and wish I'd had more fun times with her to look back on.

My condolences to her families, both in the real world and the digital. She'll always be one of the good things I remember about EQ.

Hoss / EQ
    Sendain, since you're in contact with Gemmi's family is there a way to point her daughter in this threads direction? It might be nice for her to see how much everyone really loved and misses Gemmi. It might mean something to her seeing how she was thought of by so many across different games.

Quote Originally Posted by deezy View Post
    Lons just told me... I'm stunned. Gemmi has been a wonderful person for as long as I've known her and a complete sweetheart. I feel so awful now because I promised her a few years ago to make a character portrait of her EQ toon holding the epic 2.0 weapon she had gotten. I started working on it right after she got it.. but never really finished it. I'm sure she would have loved it even if I had scribbled it in crayon...
    Maybe you could finish it now DZ, and we could incorporate it in the boards. I am uncertain how difficult that would be but a tribute to someone like Gemmi would be appropriate in my eyes.

These are only my thoughts, we'd need the powers to be to buy in, and tech guru's to work some magic.

Ain

One of the nicest people I ever met.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexten View Post
    Sendain, since you're in contact with Gemmi's family is there a way to point her daughter in this threads direction? It might be nice for her to see how much everyone really loved and misses Gemmi. It might mean something to her seeing how she was thought of by so many across different games.
    Yes I'm sure she well love to but andy needs to change the password for her
    80 cleric
    Retired member of HOSS

(```````````|\
    | [_]_[_] []_|#|-\
    |Sendain BUS |#|~~}
    ```O`O````O

Blog Entries
    I can set it to whatever; but this thread is on the public board so she can read some of it.
    Firanja - Medicor Mortuus
    Andaas Taranis - Druidicus Corpsus
    Andae - Clericus Inanimis

I've had more birthdays than Strom Thurman! Zappo's Avatar
    I tried writing something. And deleted it. This process froze me for awhile as I attempted to think up words to say. But I am at a loss for words…

Gemmi was a part of the Hoss community, and it is sad she is gone. I’m going out tonight and if someone asks what’s wrong, I won’t have an answer. It hurts that so few people are able understand how we feel and what Gemmi meant to us.

Gemmi will be truly missed.

Though I really never got to know Gemmi well, I can recall how nice a person she always was. She will be missed and I am truly saddened about the news. I think this extended family of ours really opens all of us up to things like this. It happened with Brithrax and now with Gemmi. I guess it really shows that behind all these toons are real people and is a good reason for everyone to try and be more human.