Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Gemmi?

Question Gemmi?

I do not know if this is a rather poor form hoax of some kind, but this was apparently posted to the Crimson Tempest forums. I believe CT is her EQ2 guild.

"Hello everyone, this is Gemii's daughter.

I felt it necessary to inform you that my mom passed away last Tuesday. Even though you all knew each other only through a computer game, you were her friends, and she loved you guys very much.

Jennifer // Amrayia"

If it's a joke, I am not amused. I hope it isn't true.

Will anyone be able to find out more?
    Rock Superstar
    Third Person View

It's not a hoax man. CT is EQ1 guild....we never left . I posted about it in the Hoss EQ section already =(

Damn...
    Rock Superstar
    Third Person View

Wow that sucks. I saw a post on the old druzzil ro forums
    Elkwood Level 70 Druid

Tommy Chong's new sidekick
    Oh my god... I had no idea she was sick. This is awful.

My thoughts and prayers are with her and her family.

She was such a complete sweetheart, she will be missed.

My thoughts and prayers are with her, all her friends and family

if the tanks die, it's the healers fault
    if the healers die, it's the tanks fault
    if anyone else dies, it's there own damn fault !!!

Ugh. I have a lot of respect for Gemmi. I have very fond memories of all the conversations we had, very sweet and very down to earth. I will miss her greatly.

Gemmi was a complete sweetheart. no matter what was going on she approached situations with the best attitude of just about anyone I've ever met in a game. She would do almost anything for people she barely knew.

Did she let anyone know she was sick or did this come about quickly?

Words cannot describe how bad this sucks.

Ain

Hoss's Resident Historian Gheltire's Avatar
    this is incredibly sad and out of nowhere. I havent really talked to many people of olde much but when I went back to EQ there in August, I shot her a PM to be retagged and damned if there wasn't a reply in less than an hr and I had my tag back that night

I cant remember ever once having an exchange with her that was anything less than nice and thoughtful, even though I was just some random bits of pixels that like many she had never ever met. I can never remember her losing her cool during anything. I never remember her being accidentally or intentionally involved in anything that would have brought about "guild drama" except as a defuse capacity.

A lot of people come and go out here on the web I guess...maybe you remember all of em maybe you don't. Gemii I remember and HOSS is less for the loss.

Captain Kallsex
    That's awful, seems just a few weeks ago she was posting on the boards . She will truley be missed.

Ack. Damn, it really sucks to read something like that. RIP Gemmi, you were always a great asset in game, and in the real world.

It is as if this is some kind of Nightmare I can't wake up from. I had no idea she had cancer, how is her daughter gonna move on from this, they were more like sisters and best friends. This is just so awful. Go with God Gemmi.
    Ab alio spectes alteri quod feceris

I'm really sorry to hear about this. Gemmi was always one of the nicest folks I ever got a chance to raid with, and even though there have been many years and miles since we last spoke, my heart goes out to her family.

-Grim
    Grimthorn Redbeard - World of Warcraft

Blog Entries
    I've really been at a loss for words since I heard about this. Gemmi was one of the nicest people to have been in Hoss over the years, and she always thought of others before herself.

My thoughts and prayers are with her and her family.

Firanja - Medicor Mortuus
    Andaas Taranis - Druidicus Corpsus
    Andae - Clericus Inanimis

Gemmi was one of those people who always made you feel included. It didn't matter if you were late to a raid, or if you were just a DPS class and they already had enough. She would go out of her way to make sure you could participate. It is such a rare quality in MMORPGs where most people will exclude you for the smallest things.

Gemmi, may you find a spot near the fire in the guild hall in the sky.

I got a few more details about it, but still don't have a complete picture. She had been fighting cancer for a fair bit of time and the last treatments took a lot out of her, apparently too much.

I've been at a loss since I heard about it last night, just no idea what to say or feel. I know we all have a ton of stories about why Barbara was an amazing woman and how much she brought to each of us. For me she always took time out to keep me unstressed when I had something big coming up or when I was over tired from my daily life. She talked all the time about her daughter and how proud she was of her, and the stories she had about her made me think about what it really means to be a parent.
    Varran
    "I have often had the impression that, to penguins, man is just another penguin--different, less predictable, occasionally violent, but tolerable company when he sits and minds his own business."

Никогда не сдавайся
    I cannot find the words for how I feel. Gemmi was truely a special person that I'll never forget.

Hoss / EQ
    I've been trying all day to think of something to say about all this and I just don't know how to express what i'm thinking. Gemmi was one of those genuinely great people in game and out. When I started playing EQ again 2ish years ago she would talk to me all the time to see how everything was going and then tell me what was going on in her life. I can't really grasp that she's gone..It's not fair

"Gemii"

When I think of all the times we've shared
    over the past 9 Years, from the silly stuff to the sad we shared
    You've been the greatest friend to me in EverQuest and at time in yours and my personal life, through good times and through bad.
    We loved to get crazy from time to time,
    that's what friends are supposed to do
    But when times get rough there is never a doubt that I can count on you.

We have the kind of friendship
    that endures til the very end
    Because I can't imagine my life without you- I will truly miss the phone calls we shared together on a weekly basis I think of you all the time and I regret not taking your phone call the last two times you tried.
    My Best and Forever Friend Gemii

Buckey AKA Sendain
    80 cleric
    Retired member of HOSS

(```````````|\
    | [_]_[_] []_|#|-\
    |Sendain BUS |#|~~}
    ```O`O````O

Sendain just called me to let me know about Gemmi.

I, too, am at a loss for words. Gemmi took good care of me over the years. In 2002 I lost my job. Between the dotcom bust and 9/11, no one was hiring in Salt Lake. Graphic Design positions were paying less than half of what I was used to and only a few cents more than a local McDonald's. I couldn't pay rent and my regular bills on that wage. Gemmi and Sendain went out of their way to keep me sane. My EQ account was paid, some bills got taken care of. I was on the ragged edge. I'd sold pretty much everything I had except my computer by the end of March 2004. I was finally getting hits on jobs that I was applying for. I'd get two or three interviews and be 1 of 2 or 3 finalists. I was going to find something, I just didn't know if I would have a home when it happened. Gemmi paid my April rent. She took on Bram. May 5 of 2004 I was contacted by a company for a contract position. May 10 was my first day at the new project.

I survived 19 months without work. The total period of time was 22 months. I had a 3 month contract in there that ended rather suddenly as the client ran out of work for me. During that time Gemmi and Sendain kept me going. Thank you, Gemmi. Thank you, Sendain.

I last talked to Gemmi almost two years ago. Things got busy and I've slipped away from this board. Talas was in SLC for a couple years so I saw him from time to time but I didn't spend much time here because I wasn't involved with Hoss on WoW or anything in EQ.

Gemmi,

Thank you for all that you did. You have touched so many lives that you will never truly be gone.

Bram