Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Bunions

Druid of the Doomshade
    Kelethin for tax purposes, but I have a nice condo on the shore of Wayunder Lake
    I shall quote Hunk of the Millenium, Han Solo:

"I must have hit pretty close to the mark to get her all riled up like that, huh, kid?"

Love,

Baroness Semele Mooncaller
    Heirophant of Tunare
    HOSS

Sirensa is a bigger hussy then Lola =\

Lola = supreme hussy

No Semele...not really. I'm just tired of you spreading untruths constantly.

And for someone to be still crying about a guild break up almost two years ago, I think you need to seek therapy. Get over it. In the long run, we were all better off. You got into a guild you're happy with, and I got away from some of the wankers, such as yourself, that I was guilded with for the sake of my other friends. I'm just happy that they woke up and saw you for the real person you are.

Bitter. Worthless. And an all around bitch.
    -Selice Valorheart
    High Priestess of Mythic Legion

L-O-L-A Lola
    Bitter. Worthless. And an all around bitch.

Here, I fixed it for you. No thanks necessary, feel free to cut and paste into profile:

And here we see why ML doesn't have public boards, and never has: Because senseless guild and individual bashing is the norm from some of our rivals.

Semele, I don't think you hit close to a mark. You poke someone enough with a stick, eventually they are gonna snap and work on shoving that stick up somewhere it was never intended to go by nature. I don't know, and frankly don't care, what happened in some guild 2 years ago. You do, bully for you. Back off it, riding it is like being mad a year later at some guy that took yer bus seat.

It's funny, the worst flames of people I see seem to always happen on public boards. Wonder why that is.

Sirensa, I got a gnome around here somewhere, want it?

Blog Entries
    I haven't forgotten that bus seat you took from me either Quintall...

D A M N Y O U !!!!!!
    Firanja - Medicor Mortuus
    Andaas Taranis - Druidicus Corpsus
    Andae - Clericus Inanimis

Amb share liquor pleeb. dont be selifish ><

Druid of the Doomshade
    Kelethin for tax purposes, but I have a nice condo on the shore of Wayunder Lake

Oh my goodness me oh my!

Take some anger management classes please... and perhaps a reading course or three. Cause it really sounds like you didn't read anything I wrote, did you! I suggest you go back and reread it until you can make a legitimate response other than namecalling!

No I'm not going to make it easy for you and restate what I've already said. You could say I've said what I meant and meant what I said! But it still doesn't uphold your erroneous reading of my prose.

And Quint, nice try... go back to the Psychic Friends Network for some more training.

Toodles!

Baroness Semele Mooncaller
    Heirophant of Tunare
    HOSS

Sorry, I've been banned from there, I asked them when Sirensa would give up gnomes, and they couldn't answer me.

Semele, you got a huge chip, does it make you walk crooked? No? Sheesh, you said yourself you are happy where you are now. Move on already, life's too short.

The Fat
    I'm just curious why you dont have a public board. If its because you fear flames on it. They will occur on another board and still be present. Even though they may not be in your members face, when targeted they appear to get a response by that member. A public board can be a good thing as people post humorous, informative, and positive messages too. I'm just trying to be real here and not negative at all. That and I'm bored.
    Dharrk 1.0 - The Original

The reason ML dosen't have an public board is that its harder to censor and would take much more scrutiny than there willing to spend in censoring it.

Thank you hoss board for letting me post because if i posted on the ML borad it would be deleted.

I can count on a single hand the number of threads that have been deleted Jasin, and of those, maybe one wasn't by request of the author. You really need to take up your differences with the person who wronged you, not the guild as a whole. Taegan isn't even on D Ro anymore in case you didn't know, and it seems most of your grievance lies with her.

Basically Dharrk, we don't like flaming, even on our own boards. Folks are asked not to do it, not to guildbash, or even to bash individuals, no matter how reprehensible (sp?) the person may be. Having a public board would bring out the worst in some people ("But, if I call your mother a bitch, it's my right be free speech!" types would be posting on the public side), and we're basically a pretty private guild.

Hell, we just got a Webpage in what, April? After almost 2 years as a guild. ML was killing things the whole time, just saw no reason to crow about it.

It's not that we're afraid of flames. Honestly, how many ways can people say the same thing over 2 years anyway?

My greivence is how ML is run as a whole I brought up taegan's name because I am not a finger pointer and name caller of people who play currently.

Now as for your deletion of posts on 1 hand you can count #1 A single deletion of any sort is 1 to many in my book. #2 you must have an awful lot of fingers on that hand. Everytime someone posted there I left ml cause it sucks Baramos gets all the loot, Hali yelled at me in /gu and made me cry, Noxx was an asshole to me for no reason, Rhoasie wouldnt return my tells and hold my hand post IT was deleted. NOW this was well over 1 year ago and things may have changed since then. But when I was IN anypost that contained critizim of the guild for any reason IT was deleted ASAP. Thats a fact. Dravith no longer plays so i will use him as an example he posted critizim of some sort i never read the post but he was removed and his post was deleted. Simple fact others that still play have had there post deleted shorlty after writing them and there critisim of ml as they were leaving ml on there private bb.

Now for using the rohaise, baramos, hali, noxx names these were genralizations.

Yes hali yells at you harshly thats just hali.
    Yes sometimes rohaise will not return your tells cause it gets missed im the tons of spam
    Yes Noxx is an asshole sometimes but thats noxx hes rough around the edges and one of the best guys i know
    Yes Baramos gets to much loot im my opinon all the officers do.

It brings me to the post that baramos says about tradeing your items is your business its yours once you get. Thats a total load of crap baramos you traded for that epic when ML was on a regular basis thorwing people out for tradeing items that had been awarded to them. You did in your defense ask the guild if you could trade those items and if anyone had any objections you would not. (but whos gonna tell there guild leader no?)

All this though is based on my knowledge of the guild as of 1 year ago, and some of this might of changed but it still seems loot is an issue in ML.

Jasin Natale
    CLERIC (HOSS) retired

Jasin -

Mythic Legion has never, ever thrown anyone out for trading the items they earn as a member.

I wouldn't allow it as GL.

Roh won't either.

You may recall a line in a post about loot "do whatever you want, use it for toilet paper if you want, but please don't squeeze the Charmin."

Now, it's true, you may lose faction if on an Efreeti Lord raid, you are awarded GEBS and turn around and sell them that day in Commons (although back in the EL Days we still randomed), and someone may say WTF are you doing (probably members more than O's) but it's been ML policy from day 1, that your loot is yours, and ML has no business looking over your shoulder and dictating your use of your hard-earned item, whatever it may be.

On the deletion of posts when people leave the guild and scream f*** you to the rest of the guild (members or officers, either), yep, we delete them. We don't need that crap on our private board. I mean, I suppose we could say f*** you back, but what's the point there.

Most of us in ML are adults near or past the age of 30. Lawyers, engineers, programmers, and the like comprise our ranks. Call us old fogies, but we just don't like seeing f*** this and f*** that and we pwn this or that, and we have mad dps~ f*** you. Most of us recoil at it.

Not to say we don't swear - we certainly do. And we lose our tempers. And we get angry at each other. However, venting that type of thing on our private board, instead of working it out privately, as reasonable adults, is counterproductive. (As Andaas and I can attest to after many IGB battles.)

Something that is getting lost here is that ML, as any guild, isn't a business. It's a group of friends playing the game together. Some ex-members seem to think that there should be a congressional oversight committee, or we should begin filling out W-2s for the members, or forming a union.

We didn't create Mythic for those folks. Mythic is there for the folks who agree with the general tenets set forth when we started the guild. People who don't agree or don't like those ideas are free to leave and in fact are encouraged to do so. Mutual respect, trust, admiration are what keep guilds together. ML's been around a long time, which is a testament to the fact we are doing something right.

Naturally, you can't expect to keep everyone happy all the time. We do a fair job of keeping around 90 members happy, most of the time, though.

Not an easy task.

Lots of things cause problems in a guild. Personality clashes of 90 individuals. Long, sleepless addicted-to-EQ nights causing unreasonable reactions to minor perturbations.

And then of course, there's loot. As can be seen by threads here, on your own private boards, and on any public EQ board anywhere, loot seems to be the thing that's on most peoples' minds.

What loot did you get? Why did he get that loot. OMFG, do you believe they did this with that loot? Oh.. the loot.. the LOOOTTTT... omg the horror.

The horror of the loot.

Anyone that concerned with ML loot and its disbursal should visit our site at www.mythiclegion.org and then rail at the inequities of life in Mythic. Peer over our fence. Damn us all to Hell !!

Whatever floats your boat. =)

Actually surprised to hear you post in this fashion, Jasin, as I had heard you'd left the game for health reasons, not some general or specific discontent.

Bara
    Head Monster, of Mythic Legion
    Last edited by Baramos1; 02-06-2002 at 01:03 AM.

Blog Entries
    This isn't meant to flame or anything Baramos.. but I thought I would give another perspective to you on the angry member quitting the guild posts that seem to be deleted from your boards.

When someone decides to leave Hoss (for either personal or angry reasons), and chooses to post about their discontent, we never delete the post, and refrain from removing forum access from that person for a few days such that things can be discussed privately.

Obviously, if the person is guilded into another guild, we would then remove their forum access - however, for the most part we like to talk things out and make sure that the decision being made is really what everyone involved wants.

I have seen on several occasions where disgruntled ML members have quit your guild and had to post their goodbye's on public forums. Just seems odd to air dirty laundry in public.

Just my $.02 though.. so take it with a grain of salt.
    Firanja - Medicor Mortuus
    Andaas Taranis - Druidicus Corpsus
    Andae - Clericus Inanimis

Baramos, you delete more than just the Fuq you posts....

I have read several goodbyes from ML members, when I was with Ml that were simple goodbyes explaining why they were leaving. Regardless they were promplty deleted (but not before my trolling ass could find them +)

Anyway just thought I would put that in
    Rhedd
    Always a dwarf.

Uhhh, ya ok.

Baramos said - "Something that is getting lost here is that ML, as any guild, isn't a business. It's a group of friends playing the game together. "

Baramos, I don't dislike you nor ML. But I have a hard time swallowing that statement. Friends don't kick friends for missing a raid when that "friend" is grouped with RL friends. (People you see everyday.) Friends don't kick friends because they are friends with people that you have booted. You probably don't even remember what happened, but I do. I also have the screenshots. My posts were also deleted. That left a pretty bad taste in my mouth about ML. However, I don't spend my time flaming you nor your guild. I just felt the need to point out half-truths. With as many members as you have I seriously doubt you are friends with them all. I know we weren't friends while I was in ML, we never spoke.

Of course, you never actually spoke to me as to why I was missing the raid. Hali did though and he is a great guy. /cough
    I would like to thank you though. Seekers were estatic that I told you to shove it and welcomed me. (=

Well personally I think this fight needs to stop, people were kicked out and yes maybe (from what I've read) it seemed unfair but seriously does it matter? The person who was kicked out or left probably doesn't care anymore, and we shouldn't either.

Posting over and over about people not telling the truth is pointless, letting the person know privately will accomplish so much more. Because a lie to someone is just a point of view unless it is said by more than 1 person which I have yet to see. Except Tilea being a loot monster

As for loot, ML has their own way of handing out loot and HoSS does too, why get people angry instead of accepting the fact that you aren't in that guild and the people that join that guild can do as they please even if *you* think they're being treated unfairly. Some people are into that sort of thing.

Now then again this is just my point of view, fighting with web pages my be a form of closure for some people

Instead of posting about how a guild treats their members let get back to the true meaning of 8 page long posts.........Plvl!!

P.S. this post was meant to maintain a little peace, not to provoke anger, again I don't know the whole story...
    Aparatus the Lazy
    Aparatus Diamond

Actually, Inde, sometimes wearing the "GL hat" in ML, I have removed friends of mine, or asked them to leave.

(Noxx being the most prominent example. For those of you who don't know, Noxx was a co-founder of ML, one of my best friends since the start of the game.)

It's one of the reasons, in fact, that I asked Roh to do the GL job and why I, for awhile, dropped from managing the guild altogether.

Running a guild is sometimes like running a business, unfortunately, and people ask to be all treated equally, fairly. When friends of mine, or any member of ML, isn't pulling his weight with the rest of the guild, I'm the guy that gets to deal with it.

I can tell you this, though. People aren't removed from ML unless there's already been a pattern of problems and there has been prior discussion by all or most of the officers, and the guildleader of Mythic. (Unless the person has announced he's leaving the guild anyway, or in the case of someone going insane during play and spewing profanity, say, all over guildsay or public channels.)

I'm certainly not happy that I've lost friends over the necessity of having to partition "Guild manager" from "Good buddy, Baramos". Pretty much sucks.

And, you're right, Inde, once ML got more than 30ish people, it stopped being as tight-knit as it once was - more of an extended family than a family all living in the same Igloo.

However, core idea is still the same. =)

And, Aparatus is right, although I don't see this as a fight, I do agree that it's a waste of breath to keep talking about it. I'm sure that for every person who's left ML or been removed, there's a "I been WRONGED!" story. That's human nature. And for many, I'm the focal point of the "wrongdoing". It's fine. Like I said, if you're a Baramos h4t3r, get in line. =)

All of these issues boil down to a matter of perspective, anyway, and if you don't like your own guild perspective, there are always alternative guilds to join, or you can take another route, and create your own.

I'm done in this thread, now. If you want to find out more about how ML does things, I handle recruiting. *chuckle*

Give me a tell !

Bara
    Meanie, of Mythic Legion