Thread: Sigur Ros

Sigur Ros

Inso recently turned me onto this band. I've fallen in love with them.

Here is one of my favorites.

YouTube - Sigur Rós - Svo Hljótt

Blog Entries
    Check out some of their older stuff, also very excellent.

Z

Inso was kind enough to lend me the discography.

Haven't really found one I don't like! ;-)

I don't get it. Am I supposed to laugh or cry?
    A human being is a part of a whole_universe_a part limited in time and space He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest A kind of optical delusion of his consciousness This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty

It is my belief that, much like great art, the "end user" is supposed to feel... whatever is appropriate.

Instead of forcing an emotion to be conveyed via heavy, long notes or loud, upbeat rythms, Sigur Ros deftly presents a sound for us to make of what we will. That's part of what makes them so good.

To prove it, listen to the song I have linked above. Now, wait a few hours. Go about your business raiding, eating, conversing... w/e.

Now listen to it again.

Emo shit!!
    Ab alio spectes alteri quod feceris

Emo shit?

Really?

How disappointing of a response.

I'd argue that this is about as far away from "Emo shit" as it gets.

Blog Entries
    Wait until you see them perform that song live... oh man, it was awesome! I'd highly recommend seeing them in concert if you ever get the opportunity.

Emo shit? That the best you can do Lons? eh heh heh

Live?

Oh man.

I'm envious.

I posted it during a pull was supposed to have an =p at the end.

Posting during pulls? Shame on you! Anyhow, I was just messing with you doma. Not exactly my style of music but it is not meaningless noise. I will give it another shot right now as I eat my 3Pm Breakfast... Eggs over easy, whole wheat toast and bacon.
    A human being is a part of a whole_universe_a part limited in time and space He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest A kind of optical delusion of his consciousness This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty

Aside from eating too fast, that was a pleasant breakfast. No wonder my LDL cholesterol is so high. Well if I die of a heart attack at least I didnt die hungry. That song reminded me of Bjork mixed with Oaisis. Still not my style, but I can imagine it going real well in a movie. How about a sadistic love story starring Sean Penn and Natalie Portman. Something along the lines of the movie Closer. I loved that movie, so emotional and violent. I think im gonna go stream it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Octavus View Post
    Posting during pulls? Shame on you! Anyhow, I was just messing with you doma. Not exactly my style of music but it is not meaningless noise. I will give it another shot right now as I eat my 3Pm Breakfast... Eggs over easy, whole wheat toast and bacon.
    Force of habit someone telling me that they keep posting and app and I keep checking and then go to main forums and see a new post and go weee.

An app post... Do tell what are we hiring? Sorry curiosity is sparked.

We ain't hiring them, when someone can't figure out how to even post an app after I walk them through it about 8 times, I'm done.

Hoss / WoW (Friends/Family) Xanetia's Avatar
    seen them in concert, that was the first time i had heard them...a friend in a band recommended them and i just had to go! it was amazing! love love love them

Xanetia
    Sarasmurff

"The internet is not something you just dump something on. It's not a truck. It's a series of tubes!"

God, I'm so jealous of both you AND zey now xan.

GOSH!

Hoss / WoW (Friends/Family) Xanetia's Avatar
    Doma, don't lie, you were always jealous of me /flex

Xanetia
    Sarasmurff

"The internet is not something you just dump something on. It's not a truck. It's a series of tubes!"