Thread: Push

Push

Given the chance to see this movie, DON'T.

The dialogue and plot are haphazardly thrown together with more plot holes than Lost.

The characters are stiff and unlikable and the main character seems to know more of the future than the psychics whose only job IS to help view the future...

Complete waste of time and money, not even worth an illegal viewing.

Just watched it myself. I think, it must have been a Japanese or Chinese director. It was filmed in Hong Kong? I think and like Doma said, it was pretty bad as far as dialog goes and just sudden changes. As far as the abilities the folks had it was pretty cool to watch a gun fight between to telekinesis folks. But how did the main character go from barely being able to move a dice to being able to manipulate guns and block bullets with his mind in one night. It was a great premise, just horribly horribly done. It had to have been way under budget or something and if not for the fact that the main characters were speaking English I would have sworn it was a foreign Asian film that just was about the bangs and booms and not really concerned about the story line or how it actually made sense.

Like I said though, it was just so cool the way they had folks mapped out, almost like an MMO. There were "Pushers" that could just make you believe anything they said, there was evena part in the movie that was stolen from Fire Starter where the dad jumped in the cab and said I'll give you this 100 dollar bill to get me some where and it was really like a 1 dollar bill or something. In fact the only cool part was watching Kumar from Harold and Kumar do the "Push" tricks on folks. There were "Movers" that were telekinetic and they were bad ass too, able to manipulate guns to shoot and fly around corners to kill folks and push them around and block bullets, in fact I wish X Men had used some of that stuff for Jean Gray to be honest. The "Stichers" was able to break bones or heal them up with little effort, that was kinda iffy to me on a few things, but pretty cool none the less. Sniffers were able to just take anything you handled like your tooth brush or whatever and find you half way across the world. Shadows were able to shield you from "Sniffers" as they blocked their tracking ability as long as they were with in 20 feet of anyone they were blocked from "Sniffers" The "Watchers" were cool as well as they could see the future, but only what you planed to do. So if you thought of crossing the street, they would see you cross the street. They had to draw their visions down and then make sense of them later.

All in all it was just set up so well, but a horribly thin plot line just ruined it. I would just go see it to see the fight scenes as they were just so wonderfully done. But as Doma mentioned in his review, it was just so badly written you couldn't keep up and had to fill in to many holes on your own and after a while you just realize that all the budget went into the effects.
    Ab alio spectes alteri quod feceris

Yea the movie had promise but just couldn't deliver.

They had a ton of back story done up for this movie.
    Elkwood Level 70 Druid

This is exactly what I thought I would see in this thread. It's to bad really, I was hoping this movie would deliver something more then groans. =/

Don't get me wrong i have seen so much worse its not even funny. It was watchable just u know had so much promise!
    Elkwood Level 70 Druid