Thread: Watchmen

Watchmen

I love this book and the movie should be equally as epic.

YouTube - WATCHMEN Trailer - AMAZING!

YouTube - Watchmen (2009) Trailer 2
    A human being is a part of a whole_universe_a part limited in time and space He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest A kind of optical delusion of his consciousness This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty

I don't know how good I feel about them changing the graphic novel ending.

However, that won't stop me from drooling all over myself until I see this in theaters.

Ya I heard they changed the ending, but didnt get into what exactly they changed. I guess I'd rather not know and find out in the theater.
    A human being is a part of a whole_universe_a part limited in time and space He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest A kind of optical delusion of his consciousness This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty

Hoss's Resident Historian Gheltire's Avatar
    wife and I are rereading it before it comes out...this was one of the books we absolutely had to keep in stock at the shop

UT actually had a class that taught some of the better graphic novels and they would come in with "book lists" with gaiman and ennis and mccloud etc

this one though is by far and away my favorite. Barnes has an annotated hardcover for it now I just saw the other day. Thought about snagging it just because...but my good ol trusty beatup paperback is still just as good