Thread: Coraline

Blog Entries

Coraline

Very excellent movie, I would highly recommend it.

It is a Tim Burton movie in the vein of Nightmare Before Christmas that uses the same type of stop motion animation.

If you can see it in a theater that has the RealD 3D technology, DO IT! It was the most incredible 3D I have ever seen, not gimmicky but really added depth to the entire movie.

Z

Kiddies have been asking me about seeing this. Guess I should take them before they quit showing it in the theatres. ><

Tim Burton had nothing to do with it. Henry Sellick wrote and directed it, based on Neil Gaiman's book. Incidently, Henry Sellick also directed Nightmare before Christmas.

I haven't seen it yet, but I hear its good.

Blog Entries
    Oh wow, I didn't know that... Here I was thinking it was a Tim Burton production all along... Not very observant I guess

I thought it was Tim Burton at first too, but happened to look at the IMDB page and saw it was the other guy. I think everybody assumes Tim Burton directed Nightmare because his name is in the title. I guess he just wrote the story for it.

Tim Burton PRODUCED Nightmare. I made the same mistake.

Our theatre didn't carry Coraline... and I don't have a vehicle to get into Lexington, which most surely does.

Sad :-(

Then watch it in the comfort of your home! To bad you don't know anyone that has the movie /wink
    Ab alio spectes alteri quod feceris

Good point!

Up for some file transfer sessions, Lons? ;-)

Which reminds me... have most of you abandoned mIRC?

I did, I would go there and there would only be like 3 people in there and all afk. Wasn't worth idling. And sure I can set up a transfer anytime.
    Ab alio spectes alteri quod feceris

I've checked in a few times now and then and it's basically as you described... mostly AFKs.

I'll park in there more and converse if other people wish to re-imbark on the mystical mIRC journeys.