Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: WoW UI Thread

PowerAuras is probably best for this. We can have a discussion about how to set it up sometime soon.

I was under the impression that power aura doesn't track (Dots) cast on mobs only self buff/debuff/cooldowns... I was trying to get PA to work on it but gave up. If I can use power auras I would be very very happy.
    A human being is a part of a whole_universe_a part limited in time and space He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest A kind of optical delusion of his consciousness This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty

I'm pretty sure you can setup an aura looking at your target, for when a buff/debuff ISN'T on the unit. It's pretty capable, but the configuration is a bit obtuse.

scorchio is what you need oct
    Ab alio spectes alteri quod feceris

nice. I saw that on Allara's list but thought it may only track scorch. Ill give it a try today.
    A human being is a part of a whole_universe_a part limited in time and space He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest A kind of optical delusion of his consciousness This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty

It tracks them all.
    Ab alio spectes alteri quod feceris

I've attached a ZIP file that will allow you to replicate the look of my fonts, window borders, etc. Unzip this directly into your WoW folder. Within the archive are two folders: Fonts and Interface. This will replace the four default WoW fonts, and most of the basic textures that render dialogs, tooltips, etc. It's perfectly safe.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Allara View Post
    I've attached a ZIP file that will allow you to replicate the look of my fonts, window borders, etc. Unzip this directly into your WoW folder. Within the archive are two folders: Fonts and Interface. This will replace the four default WoW fonts, and most of the basic textures that render dialogs, tooltips, etc. It's perfectly safe.

No keyloggers?? WTH!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lonskils View Post
    It tracks them all.
    Just got Scorchio. Nice little addon, now I have fog horns, bells, whistles and creepy voices constantly alerting me. I can now play without watching the screen at all. Cheers to addons that perpetuate my laziness.

Really, don't know much about Scorchio but TellMeWhen is perfectly capable (and lightweight) for tracking ISB - it does both self buffs/debuffs and target buffs/debuffs. It puts a big icon (scalable to the size of your choice), wherever you want on your screen when the condition is met.

Scorchio rocked, until it stopped tracking my missle proc (As a bar, not giant friggen letters). I still use it for the other spells obviously

Ain

Well, insomnia continues to strike me tonight. So, here are a few action shots right as we are going into a pull on Rotface. This gives you a fairly decent idea of what the UI looks like in combat.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WoWScrnShot_010610_195048.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	386.1 KB 
ID:	6548   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WoWScrnShot_010610_195054.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	388.1 KB 
ID:	6549   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WoWScrnShot_010610_195103.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	434.1 KB 
ID:	6550   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WoWScrnShot_010610_195117.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	458.1 KB 
ID:	6551   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WoWScrnShot_010610_195145.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	457.0 KB 
ID:	6552  

I found a quick example of my "proc bar". This is the Big Trick™ which lets me perform really well on fights like Hodir where synergizing cooldowns and knowing if you're in range of certain things is critical.

Look at the bigger "Lock and Load" bar in the middle of this screenshot. This is ElkBuffBars. I have two of these groups in the middle of my screen, one for buffs, and one for debuffs. I currently have all of these things tracked in those groups:
    • Storm Power
    • Touch of Darkness
    • Starlight
    • Empowered Light
    • Rune of Power
    • Touch of Light
    • Lock and Load
    • Empowered Darkness
    • Hand of Protection
    • Surge of Speed
    • Powering Up
    • Toasty Fire
    • Sanity
    • Deterrence

On Hodir, this group shows me big and bold in the middle of my screen when I'm in range of or have any of the buffs in the fight. Once I gather one or more of them plus Storm Power, I let loose with cooldowns and pwn faces. You'll also recognize certain mechanics from fights like Twin Val'kyr, Yogg Saron, and Assembly of Iron.

Hope it helps!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WoWScrnShot_010510_113358.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	297.9 KB 
ID:	6555  

Just curious on how you can keep track of your rotation through that mess. The rotation is all the way at the bottom and yet your whole screen is covered. Whats your PoV when you use this? Are you constantly checking back and forth between character and bars to figure out when you should use your buttons?

Hoss Officer / WoW
    Yea Állara WoW is somewhere beneath that mess you play with right?

Hoss Officer / WoW
    Also is the right side of your screen both yours and your pets buffs?

Sadly, I've seen MUCH worse where you can barely see the floor but everything is alphaed so they can still play. But the entire screen is UIs

Can you imagine Allara playing with Grid as a healer that covers half his screen on top of all of that? That's sexy!
    the truth hurts but it sets you free...

................(___)..........
    .................|Oo|...........
    .......... /```` OO).........
    ........./ |____-- .......druids are fine, l2p
    .......*...L......L.............

Thanks guys, appreciate all the positive feedback.

Go ahead and take a look at combat logs from the past several months if you think this UI doesn't work.

Also two words: raid leader. I wouldn't need half that shit on the screen normally. The only reason I finally, after years, added Raid Targets to my screen, is because people couldn't switch targets in ToC and I had to call them out by name. If you would prefer that Hoss was still stuck on Heroic Northrend Beasts, I can clean this up a bit. (Edit: In fact, now that we aren't stuck on NRB, maybe I will remove them again, hehe.)
    Last edited by Allara; 01-07-2010 at 10:55 AM.