Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: WoW UI Thread

Heh, you should try copying my entire UI over to a 10" netbook.

Yeah, it doesn't work at all.

Blog Entries
    Just so you know.. no one was defending LM...
    * Totally intended to be a factual statement...maybe.

Blog Entries
    dude, your ui is messier than my room.
    * Totally intended to be a factual statement...maybe.

Believe it or not, thats a pretty clean UI compared to what Krip has run in the past...

If I showed you guys my UI, I would probably not be allowed to raid with HOSS. Yes, it's that bad.
    A human being is a part of a whole_universe_a part limited in time and space He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest A kind of optical delusion of his consciousness This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty

Yay - Krip uses Grid :P (wish it looked prettier though)
    the truth hurts but it sets you free...

................(___)..........
    .................|Oo|...........
    .......... /```` OO).........
    ........./ |____-- .......druids are fine, l2p
    .......*...L......L.............

Quote Originally Posted by Angelie View Post
    Yay - Krip uses Grid :P (wish it looked prettier though)
    Yeah I wish it did too. It's cureently at default settings and really doesnt do what I want it to. Currenlt anytime a durse/debuff goes on someone it puts up an icon that is so big I can't see anyones health. Also it doesnt show mana/rp/energy.

What tweaks/settigns do you use that may help me. Currently Grid allows me to see raid damage (which means I watch my health more), oom, debuffs (although it blocks health view) and range of players. I would love to get more out of this addon.

I do want to clean mine up but honeslty not sure where to start.

Hoss/WoW
    LOL. I also have my netbook setup (used to be a 10" but now a 11.6") but I use minimal addons since I don't raid on the netbook when I'm over at my gf's. I sometimes do heroics and the occasional 10m for fun. Grid would be my main view (but mine is at the bottom-center) and my button bars (using Dominos) would be resized to about 50-60% of the original size (I'm not a clicker aside from a few buttons as I utilize my Grid for almost all of the mouseovers).

Since my main gaming laptop is only a 14" widescreen (so no nice 1600x1200), the UI addons actually transfer over to the netbook quite nicely.

Hoss/WoW
    Krip, use GridStatusRaidDebuff and turn off the default curses/poisons/magic debuffs. I set my GridStatusRaidDebuff to display in the center icon text, so you can still see what's going on healthwise, etc.

Alternatively is to decrease the size of your corner icons.

Krip, like what Derk said - get the Grid SRD. Also - rather than setting them up to be the Center Icon - go to ADVANCED and have them appear on the side icons (top / bottom / left / right) so you can still see what's going on in the person's box.

I put my magic/poison/disease/curse on corners so it doesnt impede my vision on what's going on with the player. I have 3 texts, Center Text, Center Text 2, and Center Text 3. Center Text (top) is always the person name and person's name only. Center Text 2 shows health deficit only. Center Text 3 is just additional info I need (like rolling my HoTs).

Get the Grid mana bar to see people's power (mana/rage/energy/runic power).
    the truth hurts but it sets you free...

................(___)..........
    .................|Oo|...........
    .......... /```` OO).........
    ........./ |____-- .......druids are fine, l2p
    .......*...L......L.............

Some really nice things in this thread. But boy, addons are like a meta-game themselves. I spent at least 4 hours in game today just playing with all kinds of addons.

I've recently added:

Power Auras - much nicer than TellMeWhen, bit of a learning curve but more options once you figure it out. I've created auras for Haunt cooldown and Molten Core buff so far. I'll probably do lifetap too.

Opie - this is really cool. Great for organizing all those rarely used buttons that you don't want on your main action bars but still need to use outside raids. Great for tradeskills, warlock demon summon, etc.

I've added a custom ring for Pet commands - /petfollow, /petstay, /petattack, /petaggressive, /petdefensive, and /petpassive. Now I can turn off my petbar from bartender completely.

Opie saves me TONS of screen realestate.

TitanBar - Gets all those annoying minimap buttons off my minimap and puts them in bars at the top and bottom of the screen. Also gives me quick access to mod configuration menus and options.

Also gives me quick access to tradeskills and mounts and any other mod that has an LDB feed.

I cannot for the life of me get used to ForteExorcist for tracking dots. The bars are simultaneously flashy and eye grabby and yet confusing and cluttered. It just seems overly complicated and sensitive. I don't NEED a cooldown bar AND a spell timer AND a debuff timer for Haunt.

DoTimer just destroys it as far as tracking dots for me.

My current UI.

Quartz for cast bars. Pitbull for unit frames. Bartender for action bars. ButtonFacade - Apathy for the action bar buttons. Power Auras for the spell effect you see on my character.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Morinar-UI.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	391.3 KB 
ID:	6595  

Quote Originally Posted by Maegwin View Post
    But boy, addons are like a meta-game themselves.
    Indeed. As a programmer myself, this is one thing that keeps me interested in the game. (I also write add-ons.)

With Forte, I just turn off the cooldown timer and use OmniCC instead. With DoT timers, just use what you like; there's nothing particularly special about Forte. Although I think it does automate a lot of other warlock stuff -- soulstones, shards, summons -- but you seemed pretty negative toward those features on Vent the other night. Haven't tried them myself.

I'm not a huge fan of forte for dot timers and such. Only thing I like is the HS, SS and summoning feature. Since you don't run it I can't see how many shards you have but not a big deal.
    A human being is a part of a whole_universe_a part limited in time and space He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest A kind of optical delusion of his consciousness This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty

Quote Originally Posted by Octavus View Post
    Only thing I like is the HS, SS and summoning feature. Since you don't run it I can't see how many shards you have but not a big deal.
    Actually those are the only things I kept from Forte after fooling around with it yesterday. Of those, I think the raid summon assistant is probably going to be the most useful. You can see them on the lower right of my screenshot from the last post.

I use a mod called Debuff filter for my flameshock dot, I wanted something simple so I would not add any bars on my screen. It just puts up a symbol of my flameshock spell up with a timer below it. It was quite simple enough. All the other dot timers I tried gave me bar timers and alot of other junk that I felt was a bit over kill just to keep up with a dot time.
    Widespread Panic

I thought this was pretty funny. http://www.cad-comic.com/cad/20100222
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    - Dr. Seuss

I redesigned my UI recently. It's mainly a reconfiguration of existing add-ons, but I did make a few changes to the add-on line up:
    • Added Satrina Buff Frames
    • Added AzCastBar
    • Replaced Chinchilla with SexyMap
    • Replaced Deadly Boss Mods with Deus Vox Encounters

Screenshots don't do it justice during a raid, so here's a video.
    YouTube- Allara "Future" UI
    I did a little cleanup after this was taken, mainly made EBB and Omen fonts consistent and fixed the positioning of a few MSBT scroll areas.
    Last edited by Allara; 02-27-2010 at 01:45 PM.

Current UI. I removed some addons that really didn't offer much: Chinchilla, Pitbull both gone.

I added MoveAnywhere - which lets me move any frame (include default blizz frames) and scale them as well.

I actually like some of the default blizz frames and so MoveAnywhere lets me put them wherever I want but to keep their default UI.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WoWScrnShot_031010_031719.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	374.0 KB 
ID:	6630