Thread: Legend of the Seeker

Legend of the Seeker

I ran across this on hulu. After a friend mentioned it to me. Its LOOSELY based off the Terry Goodkind Sword of Truth series. I never read past the 3rd book myself.

The confessor is hot

Btw this is a low budget affair. So be prepared for some suckie spell effects. Over all though i have enjoyed the 5 or so episodes i have watched.
    Elkwood Level 70 Druid

Having read the whole series of books (I started as an avid fan, but the books got progressively worse until I was cursing Terry Goodkind's name regularly) -- I started watching this show. Got into the third episode before throwing my remote at the TV, deleting all the shows, and cursing the name of everyone involved (but not Terry Goodkind). If they'd fucking used even one iota of material from the books instead of mangling even the easy concepts, it might have been decent. If you've read these, trust me, stay FAR away from this show...

Basically the only comment we kept having while watching was "boobs." "Boobs." "Boobs."

Yeah, we were talking about Kahlan.

Quote Originally Posted by Allara View Post
    Having read the whole series of books (I started as an avid fan, but the books got progressively worse until I was cursing Terry Goodkind's name regularly)
    That.

The series ends up being so ludicrously absurd that I can't believe the books are still selling, to be honest.

At first, I had trouble coping with the extra-dimensional sex orgy. That wasn't even close to the low point though.

Since I never read the books, I am not raging on it like the dorks-nerds seem to be. I enjoy it on the same level I enjoyed Xena and Hercules.
    Rock Superstar
    Third Person View

Blog Entries
    Lol, I watched one episode, got about a quarter of the way through and turned off the TV.

Once upon a time there was a mage named Kahlan who raided with HOSS. I suppose this is where the name originated from...
    A human being is a part of a whole_universe_a part limited in time and space He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest A kind of optical delusion of his consciousness This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty

Blog Entries
    Kahlane?
    Firanja - Medicor Mortuus
    Andaas Taranis - Druidicus Corpsus
    Andae - Clericus Inanimis

Ive read all the books the books basically suck but the only reason you keep reading is cause you want some of the awesomeness of the first 4 to come back and finish off the series strong.

THe series basically blows. They didnt take any of the stuff that made the books good and even trying to watch it as a seperate thing from the books makes it suck even more.
    Sleep little one, sleep
    take comfort in the nights embrace
    Cause the morning sun is going to open your eyes
    and you'll see that you live in a fucked up place