Thread: Coleco Vision

Hoss Officer / WoW

Coleco Vision

Allara this is a Coleco Vision setup. My brother went and pawned it for $100 dollars a while ago but it still worked perfectly.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Colecovision.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	174.0 KB 
ID:	6286  

Classic is an understatement.

I miss my Coleco! WOW has used frogger in their game mechanics, they should incorporate burger time into the next patch.
    A human being is a part of a whole_universe_a part limited in time and space He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest A kind of optical delusion of his consciousness This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty

Sure, why not make a dieing game keel over, Oct?

Wow is dying? Where is that proof!?
    Ab alio spectes alteri quod feceris

No pickles

And Coleco Vision was mah bitch!

Intellivision was better.

Quote Originally Posted by Domathoine View Post
    Sure, why not make a dieing game keel over, Oct?
    Just cause your will to play is dead doesn't mean the game itself is dying.
    A human being is a part of a whole_universe_a part limited in time and space He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest A kind of optical delusion of his consciousness This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty

I still have my Intelivision and around 30 games. Including the speech synth and B-17 Bomber

I used to play colecovision at my friends house. I remember playing Smurfs for hours.. hehe

I've heard on podcasts and read on some websites that WoW might have a lifespan of another 3+ years. I just don't know how they come to these conclusions. EQ capped out at just under 500k accounts and recently celebrated it's 10th anniversary. WoW has over eleven million subscribers after it's 4th anniversary. I fail to see how EQ is going to outlast WoW.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    - Dr. Seuss

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by deezy View Post
    I've heard on podcasts and read on some websites that WoW might have a lifespan of another 3+ years. I just don't know how they come to these conclusions. EQ capped out at just under 500k accounts and recently celebrated it's 10th anniversary. WoW has over eleven million subscribers after it's 4th anniversary. I fail to see how EQ is going to outlast WoW.
    Keep in mind that WoW really hasn't faced any competition yet, I hear that they may have some serious competition in the pipeline from Blizzard - but that won't be out until 2014-2018. (ok, probably 2012 ).

Also, the KOTOR MMO might dent WoW a bit.
    Firanja - Medicor Mortuus
    Andaas Taranis - Druidicus Corpsus
    Andae - Clericus Inanimis

Quote Originally Posted by Andaas View Post
    Keep in mind that WoW really hasn't faced any competition yet, I hear that they may have some serious competition in the pipeline from Blizzard - but that won't be out until 2014-2018. (ok, probably 2012 ).

Blizzard's next mmo may cannibalize WoW to some degree. There are even a few others that have the potential to punch some holes in WoW or even grow the market (the KOTOR mmo trailer looked damn cool), but I don't think any of these games will ever kill WoW in such a short period of time (EQ1 and UO being proof of this). It's my opinion that WoW will live for quite a long time and then eventually fade away. I don't see blizz pulling the plug for another 15+ years, though.
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    - Dr. Seuss

I loved my Coleco. I even splurged and got the atari attachment. Buck Rogers and Mouse Trap were fantastic games! Oh smurfs was pretty dam fun too...of course i was like 8.

Blog Entries
    Smurfs for Colecovision was a really good game.
    Firanja - Medicor Mortuus
    Andaas Taranis - Druidicus Corpsus
    Andae - Clericus Inanimis

Why would you pwn shop that classic system...

Ain

Hoss Officer / WoW
    I don't know why he pawned it. Probably to get some quick cash to do something stupid with.

Hoss/WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Andaas View Post

Only Blizzard can stop Blizzard!