Thread: Win7 - RDC - WOW

Post Win7 - RDC - WOW

So I installed win7 last week and started checking out all the new improvements to Remote desktop connection.

•Windows 7 Aero support
    •Direct 2D & Direct 3D 10.1 application support
    •True multi-monitor support
    •RDP Core Performance Improvements
    •Multimedia enhancements
    •Media Foundation support
    •DirectShow support
    •Low Latency audio playback support
    •Bi-directional audio support

With these new improvements and a program called keyclone (which I use to multi-box and setup a multi-monitor environment) I was able to log in and play wow. Well as much as you could play wow in 800x600 2fps. Not great obviously but way more then I could do before. I also have a sense now of how Oct plays all the time.

Why would you do this? Cool downs mostly... trick or treat hourly from work on all my alts. For each blast of the wand catching 10 - 15g.... not bad.

You have to start wow while logged in locally. If you try to start a 3d program remotely RDC will deny you, but if the program is already started before you log in, Bob's your mother.

Wow on Win7 RDC

Does true multi monitor support mean u wont drop to 10 fps when splitting wow in 2 monitors? from 50 fps. it did with xp
    the truth hurts but it sets you free...

................(___)..........
    .................|Oo|...........
    .......... /```` OO).........
    ........./ |____-- .......druids are fine, l2p
    .......*...L......L.............

I haven't run a single wow across multi monitors in win7 yet. You're talking about using the CTviewer?

I know the best answer before was horizontal span to remove the delay. It still did not give you max fps, but it was "the best you could get" scenario.

I'll have to give that a try. It sure would be nice to return to an uncluttered raiding ui.

Yeah - I did horizontal span across 2 of my 22" monitors. But I'd only get a max of 18 FPS (normally 45-60 in single monitor non windowed mode). I had thought that it was the windowed mode that kills your fps then spanning it across 2 monitors via horizontal span would add to it.

I hope it's better But with the new nVidia 200 series - maybe it's even much much better
    the truth hurts but it sets you free...

................(___)..........
    .................|Oo|...........
    .......... /```` OO).........
    ........./ |____-- .......druids are fine, l2p
    .......*...L......L.............