Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Heroes of Newerth

Heroes of Newerth

Anyone here playing Beta HoN? Or plan to play it when it comes out? DOMA!! I know you're still addicted to DotA
    the truth hurts but it sets you free...

................(___)..........
    .................|Oo|...........
    .......... /```` OO).........
    ........./ |____-- .......druids are fine, l2p
    .......*...L......L.............

Game looks sick! I gave my email and hope I get a beta key, but sounds like it is closed for now.
    A human being is a part of a whole_universe_a part limited in time and space He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest A kind of optical delusion of his consciousness This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty

You can get a copy if you pre order now for $30 I believe...It pretty much functions as getting a beta key but paying for one (sorta since you're really paying for the future release version)

War Hammer did the same thing. Will be lucky to retain half a million after first sub.
    Ab alio spectes alteri quod feceris

Heroes of Newerth isn't an MMO though, lons

I'm still waiting on this game, rather impatiently. Still havent managed a beta. :-/

Just pay the fucking $30 doma and play with me!! (Well when you pay for it - I'll pay for it so I have someone to play with )

You really think its worth paying for now, before the actual release?

My friend plays it (he got beta...) I think it's worth it...

I really don't know that I can justify paying for it yet... especially since it isn't even out.

Is it as balanced as DOTA? (DOTA feels way too balanced, to me...) I wish more people would play Demigod with me :-(

Just started playing League of Legends. Fun so far. I definately suck balls at it but learning.
    A human being is a part of a whole_universe_a part limited in time and space He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest A kind of optical delusion of his consciousness This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty

They had free closed beta invites to HoN via their Facebook, but I believe that the time frame has expired for them last week.

HON beta is now open again, just got an email today. $30 preorder. Anyone playing it still? Is it worth the $30?

I still play LOL from time to time. They finally added 3v3, which I'm enjoying.

I betaed both of them. I liked LoL more so than HoN. Still play LoL on rare occusions when I'm waiting for a raid and don't have anything else to do at the time.

I'm playing HoN as we speak trying to learn it. I just got the beta and am still getting accustomed to the heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikiyo View Post
    I betaed both of them. I liked LoL more so than HoN. Still play LoL on rare occusions when I'm waiting for a raid and don't have anything else to do at the time.

What about LOL do you like more? Just trying to decide whether I put down the $30 or not.

Never heard of LoL yet...sorry. Got a link?

http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/

Best part is its FREE!

Since it is free, they get money by selling "credits", which can be spent on Characters, character skins, runes, and other shit (gain experience faster, summoner experience). You gain "summoner" levels which you use in your 3 trees. All but the other shit can be earned in game. Just as in DOTA everyone starts at level 1 with no gear and must earn cash, level and purchase gear as the fight progresses.

Only thing that sucks is you don't have immediate access to all characters. Every week the "free" characters change. Once you find one you enjoy you can "buy" it with earned in game credits. The better characters are more expensive, but they still have some worthy ones at cheap prices.

IMO worth checking out since it is free to play.

Sigh - i can't even get past Step 1. No matter how careful I enter the random characters - it's still telling me I'm not entering the right words. Bleh