Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Where is everyone?

Where is everyone?

Anyone still playing on Nimune? What about back on Galahad? Pretty fed up with the armsman, love the ranger, but I could maybe come back and level up the scout if thats where everyone is. Havn't played in about a week cause I was sick of never seeing more than 1-2 people online.

Also lost the IRC info. Can hang on IRC form work now jsut need the info again.

Grailyn

Heya

I stopped playing, got bored with it. I might come back later on if they make some kind of changes worth renewing for.
    Averonis
    50 Cleric
    HOSS

Hoss / EQ
    so angryonis T.T

I'm not totally board with the game yet, but I am board with sitting around with next to nobody to hang with, ot even just chat with.

Any idea what happened to the rest of the gang? Jyo, Ceryx, Sun, Oat, etc?

If there are at least people still playing on galahad I might try life back there. Don't like the armsman, or even albion in general anymore, but it beats a nearly dead realm/guild on nimue.

What are you doing with all the free time now O'Angry One?

I baught a copy of Return to Wolf, fun for about a week, beat it twice, played some online. Decent but I'm starting to feel that RPG itch again already :/

RAWR!

I have absolutely nothing to do for 10+ hours a day. I started working out twice a day to kill time, and I bought a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle. =o hehe I cant find a damn game to play. Warcraft 3 Beta is kinda fun, but its no mmog. Maybe I'll play a text mud or something =P

BLEH

ps,
    Let me know if something changes in daoc thats worth resubscribing for. 26 bux a month (2 accts) isnt that big a deal, but Id rather not give Mythic another dime til they get their shit straight.
    Averonis
    50 Cleric
    HOSS

I'd like to tell you it was all better.. but it's actaully gotten worse. :/

I can put up with the crap as l ong as I get to kill stuff, and snipe some mids/albs but not seeing anyone online like ever is really ruining it for me.

Soloing alot is one thing. Not having anyone to 'hang' with in /gu is another.

Basically it's come to the point where I've been getting more negative experience than positive when I'm playing daoc. You've been the funnest group of people that I've ever played a game with, but without anyone on anymore, it's an entirely different game. For the time being I'm back on Druzzil Ro working on my rogue and hanging out with old friends there. Back in eq I've realized a couple things...

1. rvr is pointless in its current state in daoc
    2. items give me more pleasure than relics and forts
    3. the graphics and interface in daoc rocks
    4. mythic has given up on its test server (notice the 1 day from test to live on that last patch?)
    5. there is no real rewards to pve
    6. rvr is the incentive for pve... they have it backwards... items and encounters should be the emphasis of the game and rvr should have a dramatic impact on the ability to pve (which would provide the incentive to rvr)
    7. mythic has realized that they've hired idiots, so rather than release nice gear and cool abilities, they release fluff that doesn't do anything but won't affect their precious game-balance (and even their fluff is broken... see #4)
    8. despite all their flaws, mythic is still doing a better job at listening to their customer base and responding to feedback than verant ever has.

So yeah... I still have my daoc account and I wholeheartedly believe that daoc will eventually be an awesome game (look how far the game has come since its release). However, you guys were my incentive to play, and since that's gone I'm biding my time till things improve.

-Thug-
    Last edited by Thug; 02-24-2002 at 03:48 PM.

Aver, Jyo, anyone else, you guys hang on IRC during hte day much? Often finding myself with tons of free time at work, but I have to be here 'in case something breaks', at least from 9ish-5ish.

If so let me know where. I'll look ya up for some board at work chatter...

G

Contact Info

Sometimes I idle in irc, but mostly I can be contacted on one of the messengers

Yahoo: JoeAveron
    AIM: AveronJoe

I reactivated my EQ account to hang out with the Kabaldies on 7th Hammer. I also made a char on Sol Ro to play with Furious Pantaloons hehe Yes, Im that bored.
    Averonis
    50 Cleric
    HOSS

wanna help get back the alb relic from hib?

=)
    Twing > Ubar

Red face

Averon what if you play a mud tell me which one it is i wanna check it out i played ApocMud and got to immortality got bored and never really did anything else. And can i have your Warcraft 3 beta
    :P

War3

hehe I played the hack cuz I didnt get into beta =/ Right now you can only play multiplayer, with no computer opponents. Its gonna be a great game, I just dont feel like playing it right now. Me and Serene made some chars on a text mud at whitesands.net 4000 but I dont play there much. Its your typical modified diku, nothing special imo.

I logged in my warrior on 7th Hammer, and Kabald is just a mess. Hardly anyone left, nothing to do when I login. Friend is giving me a 60 cleric to play on Sol Ro, so I'll prolly be there mostly.
    Averonis
    50 Cleric
    HOSS

I've been thinking of checking back into the world of EQ again myself. Mostly just to try and find some friendly faces. Still have a 60ranger/60cleric combo on 2 accounts on bertoxx. Just not sure if I can't stand EQ anymore. Everytime I think about it seriously I remember how useless playing EQ was. Whats the point? Ohh We killed X mob first, we must be cool. I people trying to say they were better than each other.. blah.. in Camelot at least you can go prove who is better.

If it wasn't for having to level another char up from scratch again I'd concider going scout back on galahad just for some people even though rangers own them.

O'well still haven't decided to do with all ym free time. Hell I could even play something from work a few hours a day at least now if I had something I enjoyed enough to bother with.

Drifting aimlessly..
    G

Hoss / EQ
    grail: irc.enterthegame.com #darkageofcamelot

Unhappy

So bored. =/

¬_¬

I have not been in DAoC in a while. I have made a cat on Druzil Ro
    Gentha I think is the name, but I rarely have time to play anything.

I just got back from 10 days in Hawaii!!! Now that was an awesome trip.

Hope to see you all again sometime.

Is anyone still playing Doac and if so where?

well

Well heres what I'm doing with DAoC

[url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1338470099[/url]

heh

I'm playing again on Nimue. Joined retrib so i'd have people to chat with. The ranger thing is still kind of fun sometimes. I'm on most nights for a few hours. Feel free to look me up, char name is Fraya, thanks Jyo for the all female guild idea falling though

I dont think its even worth selling on ebay truthfully. At best youll get a couple hundred bucks, but I dont want someone playing my char =P hehe Be careful what kinda payment you accept too. Paypal, imo, is extremely unreliable now. Ive read lots of accounts of people being scammed. They'll make purchases with paypal then reverse the charges after they get what they bought. Paypal does not condone the purchase of virtual items, so youre on your own when you get screwed. Theres also been alot of people using stolen credit cards on paypal. So at the end of the billing cycle when the person sees the paypal charge, paypal reverses the money. If you're selling, Id only take western union or cashiers check (or only deal with people who have alot of positive feedback). If you're buying, heh, its a crapshoot.
    Averonis
    50 Cleric
    HOSS