Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Lord of Ultima

Well it goes something like this...The winner gets 8 shrines and has to hold them for a day or something. Anyway. It will be 6 months before the first shrine goes in apparently and a couple weeks between em. But once someone gets all 8. The entire game resets for that world. The only thing that will remain are the diamonds you had in your inventory that you bought. Everything goes back to day 1 and starts over again, it even randomizes where your new city will be when you log in again after the reset. I can see where they are coming from where it would suck to just let the game keep going and 1 guy or alliance just beating the shit out of everyone, but geez come on, why not make a new world for all the winners to go to beat the fuck out of each other on or something. Or something besides a fucking game reset. BTW The shrines going in in 6 months means they are adding them then. Once this gets rolling you are looking at shrines being out there for the taking likea WSG game. You could see resets once a month or more after the first one.
    Ab alio spectes alteri quod feceris

Quote Originally Posted by Berae View Post
    Anyone else being redirected to their twitter page? I'm not even sure how the fuck I can login now : /

Servers down, looks like they took down the forums as well. They are either patching or something bad happened.
    Ab alio spectes alteri quod feceris

Blog Entries
    Server's are down this morning also, maintenance must have started last night I bet.

Hoss Officer / WoW
    Looks like they finally got it back up.

Blog Entries
    And it looks like they added "Lawless Cities" to the map with this maintenance too. You can't attack them without a castle however.

Hoss/WoW
    Hrm, the lawless cities are appearing where I've seen cities before, account expiration?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale View Post
    Damn Wresh you have some seriously good resource setups.

If anyone has the LoU City Planner, mind taking a look at this setup I made as a resource city? Any feedback/suggestions would rock. About to start setting it up.

Import string:

[ShareString.1.2];########################--CC---#-------#####--WWWW--#--------###--CCCLC--#---------##-WWWWWW--#---------##-CLCCC#######------##-WWW-##IC---##-----##--C-##DICF-F-##----##----#ICIC-M---#----##----#ICICF-F-S#----#######ICIDT---S#######----#ICICF-F--#----##----#ICIC-M---#----##--C-##DICF-F-##----##-QQQ-##IC---##-----##-CACCC#######--__--##-QQQQQQ--#--PU_##_-##--CCCAC--#--PUR###_###--QQQQ--#---U-_#######--CC---#------_########################

Of course, the iron, stone and wood sections are all interchangable.
    Looks pretty good, rows of cottages and a few specialty production boosting buildings thrown in seems to be the way to go.

For those that want to play with the city planner tool you can download it from here:

http://www.ice-tray.net/blog/category/files/

It is virus free

Blog Entries
    There's also a flash based version.
    Firanja - Medicor Mortuus
    Andaas Taranis - Druidicus Corpsus
    Andae - Clericus Inanimis

Had my first city attack and he was thwarted by my big epeen.

Hoss/WoW
    Hrm, either the game is suddenly popular, or their servers are getting DOSed.

Hoss/WoW
    Nm, its back, possibly. Website was acting really strange though.

So I've given up on this game. It was really fun at first, but now it's so much micro-management that it's not even funny. Hell, to be good in the top, you have to manage 30+ cities. I can't increase my number of towns due to constant pillaging and my army was maxxed out and didn't stand a chance to his 10k knights and 5k mages by a guy in the top 60. If you want to have a really nicely built town, capture Faraday which is my resource town. It's located at the SouthWest area of Continent 35. I am just building a castle right now so it'll be 40 minutes from right now.

Blog Entries
    Jerk! you didn't remind me that you were going to be out today!

oh, sorry about that. I didn't bump it. If it makes you feel better, I'm stuck at work bored out of my mind right now.

Ok, so last night I was about to get hit with 100k army on both of my castles from ShadowRealm. They are basically going to take over continent 54 and asked that if I join their alliance they would maintain our NAP. I joined their alliance in hopes that it will buy us time to gain enough force to withstand an attack in the near future, but that may not be the case. Our only option is maybe find another continent to populate. Let me know your thoughts on this.

Hawt Dorf Incarnation 3.0 Kakeku's Avatar
    Darn. I guess we sould have checked before moving to 54. ShadowRelam is the 5th ranked alliance and homed at 54. I guess with so few active players, we will be crushed regardless which continent we migrate to.

I can join the the number 1 alliance alphadog since my rank is high enough and likely will be top 50 within 3 weeks. But I have no interest doing it. I think at the end, only largest alliances will be left standing.

I will casually log on from now on. Probably not gonna bother with any new cities. Just to see how the game plays out at the end.

Maybe when the game starts restart next time, we will have a better plan and more people to play so at least we can have a stronghold in one contintent.

Or we could move to another server!

BTW kakeku. ShadowRealm is attacking AlphaDogs. I think alpha will win that battle, but we will see. You can still build on 54 and even castle without worrying about getting attacked.

Blog Entries
    too bad server 9 has been up for almost a month already

#1 ranked is 42k scored.
    * Totally intended to be a factual statement...maybe.