Thread: I need help.

I need help.

Ok. So I am taking the ACT on june 6th and the SAT on june 12.

I am not exactly in the high end of my class rankings (2nd quarter).So, I need to score high.

I am coming to the biggest bunch of brainiacs i know (Hoss)

Any tips?
    Teenagers are God's punishment for enjoying sex.

Talk shit, get hit.

Hoss/WoW
    Junior College, then transfer from there?

He wants to go to A&M.
    Ab alio spectes alteri quod feceris

You can take them as many times as you want. Do that until you get your desired score.

Lots of pre-exams are available to give you an idea of the depth of questions that will be asked.

I'm sure you can find an online program to hammer every day until that point.

Ain

Your best bet is to read a LOT in the coming weeks beforehand. Most people can get the answers, given the time, but they aren't proficient in reading through the questions quickly enough to start working on them.

Blog Entries
    I just got one of those study books from B&N and did a few of the practice tests way back when. Kikiyo is right, if you take the stupid test enough times, you'll eventually get the score you want.

Half the trick to the test is quickly ruling out erroneous responses and doing just enough work to point you to the correct answer.

Taking standardized tests are as much about knowing how to take a test, as they are about what you know.

General tips: Time management. Don't get bogged down on a single question. Don't spend so much time on a single question that it keeps you from having enough time to answer questions that you do know the answer. Go through the entire test, answering all the questions that you are 100% sure of the answer. Then go back and then answer the questions you are less sure of. Keep doing this until you are left with just the questions that you are totally unsure about. Sometimes just going back to a question later will give you a fresh perspective and make what originally appeared to be difficult question into an easy to answer question.

Learn to eliminate obvious wrong answers. Like Rennys said. This will help when time gets short and it becomes time to guess.

Most of these types of tests penalize for wrong/unanswered questions. The key is to learn how much. Instead of my explaining this, read this website: http://www.studybeans.com/sat/guessing.html

Don't stress. The night before, don't try cramming, you can't cram years of education into a single night. If you are going to try studying for these tests, you need to start months in advance. As mentioned, reading comprehension and vocabulary is important. Get to sleep at a reasonable hour, go into the test well rested and try not to worry. You can retake the test multiple times. If anything, use the first time taking it to prepare you for the second time.

Hoss/WoW
    Take the practice tests, take alot of them. Learn2Kaplan

Thanks guys!
    Teenagers are God's punishment for enjoying sex.

Talk shit, get hit.