Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: StarCraft 2!!!

Blog Entries
    I have to say, the campaign is actually quite fun. However, I think "normal" mode is a bit too easy. I'll have to go back and do the missions on hard mode. On a related note, does anyone know if when you mass select your drones and right click on the minerals, do they automatically spread out to different nodes? I've been single target selecting them since I recall doing that back in the original Starcraft in order to maximize mineral collection.

Hoss/WoW
    I'd assume they would O.o
    Seems like most RTS games do that these days, because resource gatherers getting crowded up is kinda frustrating

Twas I, I felt this was an under used forum and getting some traffic in here would help it a bit.
    Ab alio spectes alteri quod feceris

Hoss/WoW
    Just seems under used cause its new! And there hasn't been that many games talked about : /

Yeah they spread out. It seems like each node has a max queue of SCV's it can support before they start backing up (with wait times), once it reaches that limit a SCV will go to another node.

On another note, automated refineries for the win.

Blog Entries
    ...another note on harvesting, if you have the upgraded command center with the scanner and the mule capability, be sure to use that extra energy for mules when you don't need to scan, they gather minerals faster than the SCV's and the only cost is energy... Helps give you a nice boost in minerals for a bit...

And yeah, the SCV's seem smarter about harvesting if you assign them to the same node. I still try to spread them out a bit, but you don't have to micro manage them as much as the first game.

I also thought the Normal mode missions were fairly easy, but I played the original a LOT. I am looking forward to going back on harder difficulties and also picking up the achievements I missed. The achievements are actually fun in SC2, heh heh. There are some insane/hard ones of course, it seems like every game has them these days console or PC.