Thread: 9 Days 22 Hours 18 Mins 31 Secs

9 Days 22 Hours 18 Mins 31 Secs

!!!!

Hoss/WoW
    That number isn't currently accurate!

I live like 15 miles from UT. They will have their hands full this year, but I think they'll do just fine.
    Ab alio spectes alteri quod feceris

Hoss's Resident Historian Gheltire's Avatar
    i dont think the win loss record is going to hurt with this years schedule. I think strength of schedule will.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonskils View Post
    I live like 15 miles from UT. They will have their hands full this year, but I think they'll do just fine.
    Lons you ass I'm currently 5 miles from UT!

15 miles, I live about the same distance from UT. In the Northwest part of town.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheltire View Post
    i dont think the win loss record is going to hurt with this years schedule. I think strength of schedule will.
    Only because the Big 12 is down this year. Although the SoS isn't suppose to be a factor in the rankings anymore.

Hoss's Resident Historian Gheltire's Avatar
    well we did just get jumped over by TCU who beat a better ranked team out of the gate. it may not be a computer factor empirically, but the AP/UPI voters are still going to vote based on who you beat

Quote Originally Posted by Gheltire View Post
    well we did just get jumped over by TCU who beat a better ranked team out of the gate. it may not be a computer factor empirically, but the AP/UPI voters are still going to vote based on who you beat
    Yep, just mean that overall our schedule isn't any worse/better than the average. All Top 25 teams have a "big" ncg surrounded by two Wac/Sunbelt/FBC/Mac games. Some "big" ncg are better than others and it's the luck of the drawn on whether that team is having an up or down year.

The best thing that happened, for Texas, with all the conference movement was that the CCG was eliminated opening a week for another ncg. And that the admins at Texas were smart enough to realize it would need to be a "big" ncg to offset the CCG. Hence, the USC, Notre Dame, BYU, California match-ups.