Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Rift

Rift

I know you all are grinding up to 85 atm (good luck btw!), but I thought I'd post this video of Rift. Gotta say, this game looks really nice. 1st Q release date is planned.

Video - http://www.riftgame.com/en/video/fea...-video-v5.html

Website - http://www.riftgame.com/en/

WAAAAAY COOL looking, just signed up for Beta. Please don't let this be disappointing. It looks awesome.
    Ab alio spectes alteri quod feceris

Quote Originally Posted by Lonskils View Post
    WAAAAAY COOL looking, just signed up for Beta. Please don't let this be disappointing. It looks awesome.
    Completely agree...I also signed up for the beta today.

It's a great looking game.

Being able to ride monkey may have pushed it over the top for me!

Ain

wow that is nice

I just applied for Beta too. Guess it's time for a new system overhaul =p
    Last edited by Ktul; 12-09-2010 at 12:16 PM.

Yeah I searched all over for system specs they want and cannot find it. Not a good sign.

Hoss's Resident Historian Gheltire's Avatar
    hrm

registered. Like the multiple skill sets you can create, kinda like black ops I suppose. But now the hybrid set (like me!) doesnt have to worry about swapping around or respeccing or whatever, you just click and get utility.

wonder what the timesink is though:P Ive done good on avoiding timesinks the past year or two but im itching

Quote Originally Posted by Lonskils View Post
    Yeah I searched all over for system specs they want and cannot find it. Not a good sign.
    I saw a post on the forum about specs that was put out about a week ago. Go to forums and search system requirements....it's actually a lot lower than I expected.

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthread.php?7166-Rift-System-Specs&highlight=system+requirements

Rift System Specs
    Today, we are releasing the system requirements for Rift. Here is the official information:

Minimum System Specification
    Operating system: Windows XP, Vista or 7
    Processor: Dual Core 2.0 GHz or better
    Memory: 2 GB
    Hard disk space: 8.0 GB available
    Video: Nvidia GeForce FX 5900, ATI/AMD Radeon X300, Intel GMA X4500 or better.
    Sound: DirectX 8.1 compliant card
    DirectX®: 9.0c, June 2010 update
    Broadband internet connection (DSL, cable modem or other high speed connection)

Recommended System Specification
    Processor: Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz or better
    Memory: 4 GB
    Desktop Video: Nvidia GTS 250 or better
    Notebook Video: Nvidia GTX 200M series or better

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...m+requirements

Today, we are releasing the system requirements for Rift. Here is the official information:

Minimum System Specification
    Processor: Dual Core 2.0 GHz or better
    Memory: 2 GB
    Video: Nvidia GeForce FX 5900, ATI/AMD Radeon X300, Intel GMA X4500 or better.

Recommended System Specification
    Processor: Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz or better
    Memory: 4 GB
    Desktop Video: Nvidia GTS 250 or better
    Notebook Video: Nvidia GTX 200M series or better

Lol

Beat ya by about 30 seconds on that one Ktul..lol

I've got that in spades. Here is to hoping for a beta invite.

Looks like if you follow them on Twitter, they give a Beta key out on a daily basis...but you have to be quick. The key they give out is only good for 5 people. Here is an example of what they post (remember....be fast!!)

From Twitter---

That's it for codes tonight, but we will be giving out some more next week before the next event starts! ^Zann 6:50 PM Dec 10th via CoTweet

15. The first 5 accounts to redeem ckv5znrckv6gdz2rjety get VIP Beta. (Must be 18+, additional terms apply) ^Zann 6:48 PM Dec 10th via CoTweet

Between last night and early this morning, they posted 12 VIP beta keys on Twitter (good for 5 accounts).

So if you want to get into the next phase of their beta, watch Twitter closely and as soon as they post a new key copy/paste into your account on www.riftgame.com. Each key they post is only good for the 1st 5 people that post it and after that it becomes invalid.

Good luck!

Found a German site that is giving away 480 VIP codes right now, so if you want one register here and follow through it and you will get a VIP code emailed to ya. I did it earlier and it worked just fine. Even if you don't know German (like me), you can muddle your way through it.

Took about 35 seconds to fill out their registration, get the email to activate my account, and plug in the code (once emailed to me..almost an immediate email once you ask for the beta key).

Blog Entries
    Done my VIP thing from the german site, where do I download the client.

Once you get a VIP code attached to your account, you will receive an email (from everything I see it should be Wednesday/Thursday this week).

The email will direct us where to go to download the client. As soon as I see mine, I will let you know (so you can look for yours as well).

It looks nice, but this thing was tried (if I understand it correctly).

Does anyone remember that MMO called "Horizons", which was later renamed to "Istaria"?, that was all about Dragons? It touted itself as the first MMO where you could PLAY as a dragon. It had really grandiose ideas about taking forever to level as a Dragon because you were an ancient, etc. Then players would hunt you for your treasure horde, etc.

Then they had this (and this is where I see the similarities) thing where NPC factions would actually advance methodically across the world map and attack established player cities and outposts and if not defended they could destroy them entirely. That sounds a lot like these "rifts" that spawn randomly and spawn NPCs that attack player cities, which you have to defend, or you log on later and find that it's been overrun, etc.

Well, long story short. That game failed miserably, and the features were toned down and toned down until something realistic was actually implemented. I guess I'm a skeptic.

Every MMO has a chance of failing, and it sucks to spend $60 on a game plus the monthly subscription fee only to find out it doesn't meet your expectations or the content is not up to par for what you wish to do in a game ("cough" "cough" Conan...Best MMO up until level 20, after that...pure garbage).

WoW is the standard in how companies go forward with MMO's right now, but eventually another game will come around to de-throne WoW. Will it be this one? Maybe SWToR? Possibly, but it may take another 1-2 years before a game is ready to go head-to-head against WoW.

I hope it does do good. I am ready for a new game and a new world(s) to explore.