Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Everquest Progression Server -- Release: 2/15/2011

Everquest Progression Server -- Release: 2/15/2011

Time locked progression server releasing 2/15/2011.

It's receiving a ton of praise from the playerbase and it's looking like Sonys doing a good job on this one, check it out here:

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/po...opic_id=173099

What will be the name of the Time Locked Progression Server?
    • The Time Locked Progression Server will be named Fippy Darkpaw, as chosen by the community.

When will the Time Locked Progression Server open?
    • Currently we are targeting Tuesday February 15, 2011 for the opening of Fippy Darkpaw.

What rule set will the Time Locked Progression Server use?
    • The Time The Time Locked Progression Server will use the normal PvE rule set.

What sort of items and content will and will not be available at launch on Fippy?
    • For the Fippy Darkpaw Server we have done our absolute best to remove items which would give an inappropriate or undue advantage such as Defiant Armor or certain tradeskill related items. Generally the items that you will find should be items that came with the expansion currently available or were unlocked during that expansion. Augments created specifically for progression servers will be available.

Will there be Hotzones or Hotzone drops??
    • Hotzones and Hotzone items will not be available on Fippy at release

How about Marketplace items, will Mounts be available?
    • In addition to restrictions on items initially available within the game, Marketplace, Loyalty, and Claim items have been similarly addressed. If an item or buff offers stats, it will probably not be offered from any of those methods until a later date. Mounts will not be available until Legacy of Ykesha is unlocked or later, depending on the mount.

How will tradeskills work on Fippy Darkpaw?
    • We have made efforts to limit tradeskills to the expansion when the recipe actually came out. Potion making and jewelry making have had the old recipes enabled, and these will stay this way until the Prophecy of Ro expansion is unlocked. Similarly the new poisons will not be activated until around Underfoot. The exception is spell research where we will not reverse it to the older method. Instead, we have limited recipes for the appropriate expansion and made ingredients for research available in more zones..

How will progression work on Fippy Darkpaw?
    • As with the previous progression servers, players will need to defeat certain challenges to unlock newer expansions. Once these challenges have been defeated there will be a grace period where the server will stay in the current expansion. After the grace period, players will be able to vote through an in game poll to unlock the next expansion. The voting period will be one week.

Initially the grace period will be 90 days before voting will start for Kunark, then 60 days for each expansion after that. At some point we will even have a vote to see if players wish to change that grace period.

If the majority of players vote to unlock the next expansion, the next expansion will unlock at the end of the poll. If the majority of players voted to stay with the current expansion, then there will be a one week grace period before another poll will be posted. This will happen until a majority players vote to unlock the next expansion.

It's astounding;
    Time is fleeting;
    Madness takes its toll.
    But listen closely...

Not for very much longer.

I've got to keep control.

I remember doing the time-warp
    Drinking those moments when
    The Blackness would hit me

And the void would be calling...

Let's do the time-warp again.

It's just a jump to the left.

And then a step to the right.

Put your hands on your hips.

You bring your knees in tight.
    But it's the pelvic thrust
    That really drives you insane.

It's so dreamy, oh fantasy free me.
    So you can't see me, no, not at all.
    In another dimension, with
    voyeuristic intention,
    Well secluded, I see all.

With a bit of a mind flip

You're into the time slip.

And nothing can ever be the same.

You're spaced out on sensation.
    Like you're under sedation.

A Hero of the Seven Suns Torrid's Avatar
    Project 1999 Kunark: March 25th.

I just received an email saying my Everquest account was turned back on again heh.
    Ab alio spectes alteri quod feceris

I wonder if Vet rewards are available if you start on one of these progression servers.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonskils View Post
    I just received an email saying my Everquest account was turned back on again heh.
    I logged into EQ tonight, and ran into Rika. Reinvited him to Hoss and I wandered around PoK and don't have a fucking clue what to do there anymore. :|
    Firanja - Medicor Mortuus
    Andaas Taranis - Druidicus Corpsus
    Andae - Clericus Inanimis

Quote Originally Posted by Andaas View Post
    I logged into EQ tonight, and ran into Rika. Reinvited him to Hoss and I wandered around PoK and don't have a fucking clue what to do there anymore. :|

Yeah, that was me last time I logged on a few years back. I logged in and someone /bowed me and I was like whoa...

Quote Originally Posted by Andaas View Post
    Run around the new zones for an hour and marvel at how they can look so much worse than the 12 year old zones they replaced. Or get turned into a lizard by some NPC in town that was added as pointless filler for god knows what expansion, then die to a light blue mob when you discover your lizard abilities are terrible. Or kill a random mid-30s mob and discover the newbie loot with plane of time equivalent stats all over it that in large part trivialized the game. Then log off in disgust.

Or at least that is what I did yesterday. Just offering suggestions!

You should come play Project 1999 with me Andy. I'll powerlevel you! My first 50 was a druid, just like you. Only a superior race. (halfling, of course) Coral keeps lying to me about his intentions to log in, and I get bored.

That's the one I keep hearing about!

Hai Torrid.

HAHA that's our Torrid!!

So yeah, I downloaded EQ tonight and made a character on the 2nd new "progression server" Vulak. And I've been level one for about 45 minutes or so because even at level 1, you get 2% of a level per kill for an even con. But fuck, the Rivervale music made me smile.

Quote Originally Posted by Stosh View Post
    So yeah, I downloaded EQ tonight and made a character on the 2nd new "progression server" Vulak. And I've been level one for about 45 minutes or so because even at level 1, you get 2% of a level per kill for an even con. But fuck, the Rivervale music made me smile.
    lol, nowadays level one lasts about a total of 30 seconds, if that. WoW and Rift have just taken leveling to LUDICROUS SPEEEEEEEEEED!

Quote Originally Posted by Torrid View Post
    You should come play Project 1999 with me Andy. I'll powerlevel you! My first 50 was a druid, just like you. Only a superior race. (halfling, of course) Coral keeps lying to me about his intentions to log in, and I get bored.
    Is this an EQEmu server? I assume only the original no-expansion stuff? I played PEQ for a bit, maxed out three characters then burnt out. My main gripe was that monster AI and fights in general were gimped to make them easy to do raid content with like 5 people (because of low server population). How's this addressed in P1999, or is server population better?

*Edit* quickly checked their site out. I still have a copy of Titanium somewhere that I had specifically for EQEmu, maaaaybe I could be bothered to log on.
    Amadis de Gaula
    Pocket Sized Blender

Holy shit Amadis came out of the wood work!

Ain

Ta-da!
    Amadis de Gaula
    Pocket Sized Blender

Quote Originally Posted by Amadis View Post
    How's this addressed in P1999, or is server population better?
    They are trying to make it as close to the original game as possible with very few exceptions. (bug fixes/exploits) They are even adhering to Sony's patch schedule. I.e. they removed manastones and rubicite after some months; Added solusek temple later; Added sky later. Moss covered twig will be back at first then nerfed just as it was. etc.

Server population is around 750ish during prime time currently. Population is expected to increase dramatically in a couple of weeks as Kunark is going to be released on the 25th.

That's actually not bad for population, how's lag?
    Amadis de Gaula
    Pocket Sized Blender

Quote Originally Posted by Amadis View Post
    That's actually not bad for population, how's lag?
    Haven't noticed any in months. I'm usually around 100ms latency.
    Coral
    Hoss w0r
    65 Sensei

try EQmac. it stops at PoP!
    Juice, Al'Kabor
    Lothaine

There is no lag, really. The only lag I've seen in the 4 months of playing here was zoning into east commons (the zone everybody idles in to auction shit) when the server had upwards of 900+ online at once in prime time just prior to Cataclysm.