Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: MMORPG - Discussion

I made a toon named Outrider. I think we're in the same guild, Amadis.
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    - Dr. Seuss

Yep, we are. If anybody else is playing in P99 and wants a chill guild that'll make it a bit easier to find groups (because they're literally recruiting anybody in the server that will click accept), let us know.

I am pretty sure that once I hit higher levels I will want something a little better (small and good), but for now this works.
    Amadis de Gaula
    Pocket Sized Blender

Wish I had the time to devout to P1999 :\ Tried to convince my girlfriend to try it out but she'd have none of it. Took addicted to WoW
    Why do all current MMOs suck?

Quote Originally Posted by Vinen View Post
    Wish I had the time to devout to P1999 :\ Tried to convince my girlfriend to try it out but she'd have none of it. Took addicted to WoW
    Are you still raiding Vinen? Happy Belated btw.

Ain

I finally got some serious traction leveling up--38 magician, should be in the planes next week. I switched guilds, the new one is pretty chill but way better in terms of organization and overall player quality. Need more Hoss in P99...
    Amadis de Gaula
    Pocket Sized Blender

Made a wizzy named Lonskils. It is so hard to get used to the way mouse looks in EQ as opposed to just about every game these days. And jumping uggg.
    Ab alio spectes alteri quod feceris

Blog Entries
    lol wizard
    * Totally intended to be a factual statement...maybe.

I was a wizard before, not sure why someone that played a chanter of all things would take issue with a wizzy.

Blog Entries
    I don't have an issue with wizard.. I'm just laughing at your decision to play wizard... again.

I guess some people enjoy torturing themselves

Once you've been the ultimate power, you can't settle for anything less!

Blog Entries
    Yes, ultimate power for 10 seconds then sit for 10 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Aindayen View Post
    Once you've been the ultimate power, you can't settle for anything less!
    You've never been a Gnome, so I'm pretty sure you know nothing about ultimate power.
    Amadis de Gaula
    Pocket Sized Blender

Blog Entries
    Gnomebliteration. 'nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadis View Post
    You've never been a Gnome, so I'm pretty sure you know nothing about ultimate power.
    Aind is a Gnome in wow, but not in EQ /nod

And I just love being able to port myself and I hate druids, so wizzy it is!

A Hero of the Seven Suns Torrid's Avatar
    If you roll a wizard, you'll quit for sure. Wizards are even worse here due to resists and spell aggro being worse. Not only that, but this server is full of players who know the game well, so they will NOT group you. Wizards sit LFG all day. Don't waste your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Torrid View Post
    If you roll a wizard, you'll quit for sure. Wizards are even worse here due to resists and spell aggro being worse. Not only that, but this server is full of players who know the game well, so they will NOT group you. Wizards sit LFG all day. Don't waste your time.
    I saw a human skeleton up in Karnor today, so I assume Concussion is in game. Does it make any noticeable difference in P99?
    Amadis de Gaula
    Pocket Sized Blender

Quote Originally Posted by Torrid View Post
    Well that sucks, so it's a melee only game now?

A Hero of the Seven Suns Torrid's Avatar
    Pet casters were very strong prior to Kunark; but now that Kunark is live, melee is on top. Rogues are the highest DPS by a significant margin, and monks are not only 2nd in DPS, they also mitigate as well as a warrior, so you'll often see monks just tanking for groups. Real tanks are still desirable for harder content (Sebilis mainly) due to larger hit point pools on warriors and knight snap aggro though.

Magicians went from insanely overpowered to balanced. Magicians are still crazy good from 1-50. They'll do monk level DPS in groups after 50 if they don't slack. Decent DPS + mod rods + CoH gets them groups.

Necros are the solo kings now. Magicians were from 1-50, but after mobs hit level 40, they do a LOT more damage, so fear kiting becomes much more powerful. Also pet classes took a big nerf a month ago then they removed innate dual wield. Keeping a pet full time and simply healing it won't cut it like it does from 1-50. Necros aren't bad dps but they aren't typically as desirable as melee or magician.

Every group wants an enchanter. Enchanters have no real substitute. However after the charm nerf, you sort of need malo to use a charmed pet. You also need to not suck. If you can't charm, then the class sort of becomes a buff bitch, but as much as enchanters complain, mez is still extremely powerful/desired and makes the class more than just buffing haste and clarity. GRM and color stuns are also good.

Shamans are pretty good. I'd rather have a shaman than a 3rd dps, as their buffs + pet are some dps, and you pretty much have zero downtime with slows, regen, and sup heals. It's also much safer. They get groups.

Druids are terrible. Nobody groups them. CH is the only heal in the game for tanks after level 40. When your group's tank has well over 4k hp, 530 point heals that take 10% of your mana with a 12 minute med time ain't going to cut it. Druid DPS is also terrible for the same reasons Wizard dps is terrible. Although druids can sort of charm in Chardok if they are good, but Chardok has like zero loot so it's not frequented.

My druid is 60 only because charm was really strong for a few weeks before it was nerfed. It's still pretty good though. I play my warrior and magician for groups. My druid does come in very handy to port my friends around, powerlevel them, and sell junk in EC though. Druids can still solo very well if you know the tricks to it.

Also worth noting is that AoE groups do work here. However it's not quite as safe for a few reasons. One reason is that casting say, Color Flux (the level 4 color stun) which only lasts 4 seconds, right after the second enchanter lands an 8 second stun, will cause the mob to only be stunned for 4 seconds instead of 8. Another reason is that resists are a little worse here. Also, color stun aggro is a lot worse here, so instead of mobs just sort of hitting wizards and enchanters, they will only hit enchanters. AoEing is still quite viable though. Coril Syana and I got some great exp in EJ 3 man AoEing at level 52-53. I also AoEed Chardok some. But don't roll a Wizard to AoE. It's very rarely done. You need to do it with friends; the likelihood of a pug AoE group is nearly zero.

Is it stopping at Kunark though? Will they continue to move up or is this it?

It'll go to Velious, but no further.
    Amadis de Gaula
    Pocket Sized Blender