Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Thread: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Hoss / EQ
    Quote Originally Posted by NormetheGnome View Post
    Faifnir Shadowtown server. Playing with RL friends. Empire. Why? because fuck luke skywalker and his bitch friends. Thats Why.
    Except luke and all his friends are the rebellion not the Republic. Which currently is what becomes the Empire in the movies. BUT either way fuck dem!!!!
    Lvl 71 Chooman Necro

Blog Entries
    Cancelling my sub, have 11 days left. My 2nd job is just taking off so I don't have the time to play much at all. After working until 7-8pm at night I can get away with playing on the xbox a little as the whole family is out there, heading back to my office to play on the computer... not so much. Plus after spending 10-12 hours per day working on PC's, I am finding I don't want to spend much time on the PC after work is done

Plus I found that the more time I spend away from the game I find I am missing it less and less. It was a fun game for a few months, fun leveling process, great story. But the end-game just ended up being more of the same grind as every other MMO. Leveling through as a different class gets you a different character storyline, which is actually pretty good, however you still end up visiting all of the same areas and doing 80-90% of the same quests again. I am ready for a different MMO experience at this point, or maybe I'm just not a big MMO player anymore. Not sure what it is. I will prob give GW2 a spin when it comes out, will be nice not having to commit to a monthly sub and feeling like I have to play to get my money's worth...

The few times I have logged in over the last couple weeks I don't see many people on. Who all is still playing? I know Phank had a lot of people on Empire side, curious how many they still have.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeyla View Post
    Plus I found that the more time I spend away from the game I find I am missing it less and less. It was a fun game for a few months, fun leveling process, great story. But the end-game just ended up being more of the same grind as every other MMO. Leveling through as a different class gets you a different character storyline, which is actually pretty good, however you still end up visiting all of the same areas and doing 80-90% of the same quests again. I am ready for a different MMO experience at this point, or maybe I'm just not a big MMO player anymore. Not sure what it is. I will prob give GW2 a spin when it comes out, will be nice not having to commit to a monthly sub and feeling like I have to play to get my money's worth....
    I have the same feeling on the game, the leveling story was really cool.

I am all over GW2. I really just want to do some pvp and not having worry over gear and level to do that is amazing and the WvWvW looks just to cool.

Blog Entries
    SWTOR can be described in 4 words: same shit different toilet
    * Totally intended to be a factual statement...maybe.

Blog Entries
    As an mmorpg I give it 6/10. As a single player game, I would rate it 8/10.
    * Totally intended to be a factual statement...maybe.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Syana View Post
    As an mmorpg I give it 6/10. As a single player game, I would rate it 8/10.
    ^^^Pretty much how I would rate it too

Same, loved the single player but can't be bothered to log on again now that I got two characters to high 40s...couldn't even bother to get to 50 after finishing the storyline. I'll definitely play any expansions they come out with, though.
    Amadis de Gaula
    Pocket Sized Blender

Quote Originally Posted by Amadis View Post
    Same, loved the single player but can't be bothered to log on again now that I got two characters to high 40s...couldn't even bother to get to 50 after finishing the storyline. I'll definitely play any expansions they come out with, though.
    Pretty much feel the same way, I just got to 40 on juggernaut, story got really interesting again. You can finish the class line pre50? I'd like to get back and do the bounty hunter storyline, but I have little interest in going through the 90% of the same quests and planets again. its too bad the leveling side stories aren't more unique per class.

whats the best storyline republic side?

For republic, the best storyline is smuggler IMO. Go for that. I finished the storyline at 47 with a marauder, basically there are no storyline mobs (that I found) over level 50 so the moment a 50 isn't red any more (47) it's pretty easy to wrap the story up.
    Amadis de Gaula
    Pocket Sized Blender

Hoss/WoW
    You guys aren't playing? You'll miss patch 1.2, when the implement some of the shit they should've launched with!
    I really don't get why a company would put out an MMO with guilds and no guild bank, doesn't sound like the most complicated feature ever...and lacking it screws over people leveling in a guild, as it is damned hard to give people gear they need that you don't.

Hoss / EQ
    patch 1.2 where they will give out free pvp gear just for playing. I have mixed feelings on 1.2 but ill still be playing it.
    Lvl 71 Chooman Necro

**SPOILER** FOR NEW OPS!!

For those still playing this.....Some basic strategies I found for the new operation.

trash
    CC as much as you can, otherwise uneventful

Zorn & Toth
    2 giants, they must be kept apart from each other. If they are near (< 20m), they heal and buff each other quickly (look for lightning jumping between them, this means they are too close).

Pull them apart, divide DPS between them

Zorn screams periodically and puts a DoT on everyone within 30m of Zorn, it can be removed

Zorn puts a fearful debuff on his tank (and everyone in 30m), increasing the dmg they take

Toth will jump to Zorn. When this happens, the tanks must swap taunts (don't move, just taunt the new one) and tank the new boss in the old location

Because of this new agro and one of them having to walk the distance to its new tank, go easy on the dps on the one that's walking to its tank

Toth goes berserk and dmg done to him is reduced, pounding the ground and stomping AoE

Zorn will randomly throw a chain of rocks at someone, it must be healed through, but if the target has the fearful debuff, they will die.

Don't stand in red circles on ground, they turns into stalagmite spikes that do a lot of dmg

When Toth/Zorn die, a champion jumps down and must be defeated, 150k hp.

Hard mode

In addition to the dot zorn puts on people (that must be cleansed), he also puts a debuff called weakened, which stacks and
    reduces dmg/healing done unTil cleansed. Cleansing is important.

Note, there are a *LOT* of threat drops in this fight. Every time Toth jumps to Zorn, all threat drops, which means ticking DoTs will trigger agro. Because the tanks only have 2 taunts (single and aoe), it's important that they conserve them for tank swaps. Consequentially, it becomes the responsibility of the DPS to regulate their damage output to not pull agro and pull the boss onto the party, spreading dmg everywhere for the healers to have to heal.

Firebrand and Stormcaller battle tanks
    2 tanks, split party, 2 bosses

Bosses drop lightning spires (columns/domes of lightning)

When Stormcaller casts "defensive systems", parties run under defensive shield domes and kill the adds (no aoe)

Stormcaller casts Double Destruction, when it's cast, the tank will take a massive shot, but if melee dps get in FRONT of the tank, they can soak it and spread the dmg out (use focus targeting to see the cast time)

Double Destruction is a debuff that makes the tank MUCH more vulnerable to Stormcaller's dmg, which would normally require the tanks to swap. However, if the dps step in to take the debuff, then step out to get out of the way and not take dmg, no swapping is required. If the dps miss picking this up, it's a wipe, the tank is stunned, thrown into the air, and takes 200% dmg.

People get a yellow target on the ground below them. They must run it to the tank and "drop" (they must be cleansed to release it) it there (HK fight in FE).

No more than 3 people on each tank, rest must be on the ground to get the yellow reticles, otherwise the yellow reticles will hit the tanks

Stormcaller tank takes a lot more dmg

Firebrand does incinerate, tank has to pop defensive cooldowns to survive

Colonel Vorgath ("Puzzle" boss)

Drop down to the grid, but stay on the near end.

1 dps (who can heal themselves) goes up the elevator to the console.

They manipulate the panel to put green tiles in front of the group. When no more green tiles are available, the tower guy activates a hologram mode and can wander the field, looking for a hidden demolition droid. Once discovered, the group kills it and the tower guy uses any ability to return to the tower. When the droid is dead, it drops a defusing kit (on a random player). The tower guy then makes a tile yellow (with a countdown) and the person with the defuser has 10 sec to defuse the yellow mine or die.

The group moves across the mine field, but only when the grid square is green. If it's red, stepping in is death.

Do *NOT* step diagonally, only horiz/vert.

Fight droids and adds as you work your way across the minefield. Turrets shooting everyone below.

Cannons can be CC'd (droids).

On last one, person up on console runs through the minefield green squares

Console near end turns off field turrets

Kill turrets (cc), kill adds

Tank boss

Warlord Kephess - Final Boss
    When the fight starts there are three champion mobs and a large robot boss. The robot can not be tanked (and is shielded), so the tanks should pick up the three champions and they should be burned down. As this is happening the large robot will fire at places on the ground, doing large amounts of damage. Players need to be heads up and see where it will fire, and move out of it. This appears to happen every 30 sec and is in a cone in the direction he is moving.

After the champions are dead a single mob will spawn (east/se/sw) with a large explosion icon over his head (bomber). HE should be burned down quickly so that he doesn't explode. When he is killed, a player gets that icon over their head. That player should get healed, shielded, and then run over to the large robot. That player will automatically start an animation that brings the boss to it's knees (removing his shield). All DPS should then focus on the boss until he reshields.

Players should be able to bring the boss at least to 60% in the first damage phase. After about 10 seconds the boss will stand back up, and summon more adds. This time it will be a group of about 6 strong mobs with a shield around them. The Warrior is the mob that has the shield, and should be burned first. About four groups of these adds will spawn, and they should be killed.

After the shielded enemies are all dead, another bombardier with the icon over his head will spawn, and players will need to repeat the previous steps of killing it and damaging the boss. Once that is complete two new adds will spawn - champion Pulse Droids. They will have a large circle under them that players will have to get out of. The raid will have to switch targets several times to kill them. While the damage in the circle is large, the true issue here are the 15k hits that the robots are doing while they're alive. Everyone needs to be topped off and shielded in this phase.

Once they are down another bombardier will spawn, and shortly after the boss will drop out of the giant robot, whether or not it has been defeated. Players should continue to kill the robot while they can, and then focus on the boss. He does a ground target AoE that needs to be avoided, and towards the end of the fight he will start putting spots on the ground that needs to be avoided (a la karagga). Players should position him to take up as little room as possible.

Positioning in this fight is more or less meaningless, however everyone does need to be aware of what direction the robot is shooting - having one person watching this to call it out will be best.

You can stun the Bombardiers right before their buff expires that causes them to explode - this delays the explosion.

The boss sometimes randomly resets when a player stands under him in order to damage the walker.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadis View Post
    For republic, the best storyline is smuggler IMO. Go for that. I finished the storyline at 47 with a marauder, basically there are no storyline mobs (that I found) over level 50 so the moment a 50 isn't red any more (47) it's pretty easy to wrap the story up.
    yeah you were right. finished the juggernaut storyline at 47, good stuff. but now its been like a week or two and I have no motivation to finish up to lvl 50 other than to unlock the species for a possible next storyline.

Blog Entries
    SWTOR is going free to play:
    http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/07/31/its-official-swtor-is-going-free-to-play/
    http://www.swtor.com/free/features

The free option looks to be pretty hobbled, but you can play to 50. The biggest restriction, I think, is that you still need to sub to do Operations. I don't know if going F2P will bring me back, but I might go back and poke around some of the new content. Most of my limited available MMO time this fall will prob be taken up with GW2