Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Diablo 3

Hoss Officer / WoW
    I didn't find any that I would call significantly shorter I was more used to the layout patterns and thus made it through faster.

Almost as drunk as Andaas Tenelen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    They took out one of the dungeons out of the graveyard, and the ghosts quests. Plus it seems like they took more of the corridors out of the skeleton kings dungeons.

May 15th! Hellz yeah!

Hoss Officer / WoW
    Nephalem Valor Buff

We’re working hard on balancing and testing Diablo III, and one of the major components is making sure that the end game experience is fun and exciting. We’d like to share a few of our goals for end game:

• We have an enormous number of skill build combinations, and we want a lot of those skill builds to be viable and interesting
    • While there are millions of skill builds available to players, we don’t want players swapping skills regularly to beat specific encounters as they come up
    • We don’t want repeatedly running specific three-minute chunks of the game to be the most efficient way to acquire gear for your character
    • While a three-minute run shouldn’t be the most efficient, we also don’t want you to feel like it’s a two-hour commitment every time you sit down to play
    • Bosses should still feel worth killing

Nephalem Valor is one of the major new systems in Diablo III and it kicks in at level 60. Keep in mind that this is still in testing and we’re still working out the details. Here’s how it currently works internally: Rare and Champion packs already have great loot on them. By killing a Rare or Champion pack, not only do you get their loot, but you’ll also receive a buff granting you increased magic find and gold find. However, if you change a skill, skill rune, passive, or leave the game, the buff disappears. As an extra reward, if you kill a boss while this buff is active, you’ll receive extra loot drops from that boss.

The exact amount of magic find and gold find provided by the buff is still being reviewed, as is the amount of extra loot you get from a boss while the buff is active. We’re also playing around with whether or not the buff stacks, what the duration should be, and whether or not it should persist through death. We want to make sure the buff is strong enough to make staying in your current game more rewarding than creating a new game. At the same time, if the buff is too strong, it risks making shorter play sessions feel not worthwhile.

We expect this system will encourage players to stick with a skill build of their choice, select an area of the game they enjoy, and sweep it for rare and champion packs on their way to a boss, finishing off a run with a boss that’ll be worth killing. If you wanted a shorter play session you could be done at that point, but if you have more time, the path of least resistance would ideally be to stay in the same game and make your way towards the next boss.

So' since it has to be online is.there any plans to have roving packs of HOSS grinding shit? If so is there room for a monk?
    Sleep little one, sleep
    take comfort in the nights embrace
    Cause the morning sun is going to open your eyes
    and you'll see that you live in a fucked up place

Hoss Officer / WoW
    Well I believe you can setup quasi guilds in game. Or at the least add a clan tag of some kind. But once people have it and setup their D3 handle it would probably be good to make a thread or have people share em here.

I'm down for that, I'm still torn on mage or Witch Doctor though.

Almost as drunk as Andaas Tenelen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Valdis View Post
    Well I believe you can setup quasi guilds in game. Or at the least add a clan tag of some kind. But once people have it and setup their D3 handle it would probably be good to make a thread or have people share em here.
    Demon Hunter all the way for me, and then I might level a Barbarian.

Hoss Officer / WoW
    I'll most likely start on a mage.

Hoss Officer / WoW
    Note those with a WoW Annual Pass or the Blizzard store pre-order can download an installed for D3 now.

Hoss Officer / WoW
    D3 Beta is an open beta this weekend so if you haven't gotten a chance and want one go ahead and give it a shot.

All I know is that ill have a bottle of vodka a box of redbulls several cans of soup so I dont have to cook. Ill be playing monk first so if any one wants to hold.monsters while I punch them in the dick let me know. Im going nowhere for a few days. Also Burnem should be around in some fashion.
    Sleep little one, sleep

Quote Originally Posted by NormetheGnome View Post
    All I know is that ill have a bottle of vodka a box of redbulls several cans of soup so I dont have to cook. Ill be playing monk first so if any one wants to hold.monsters while I punch them in the dick let me know. Im going nowhere for a few days. Also Burnem should be around in some fashion.
    wow norme just wow
    Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant. Purge the unclean.

I know how to prepare for an expansion/release.
    Sleep little one, sleep

Ill be the first to 50...
    Sleep little one, sleep

Hoss Officer / WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by NormetheGnome View Post
    Ill be the first to 50...
    But the max level is 60...

I dunno about the last 10 Ill be drunk sleepy and due for a real meal by then im sure
    Sleep little one, sleep

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Valdis View Post
    D3 Beta is an open beta this weekend so if you haven't gotten a chance and want one go ahead and give it a shot.
    Darn, I missed out. Didn't touch a computer all weekend. Oh well, it will be out soon enough.

Hoss Officer / WoW
    Yea the beta servers go down for good May 1st so pretty much this is it.

Havnt been this excited about a game release in a good long while. On the upside I can do digital download and avoid the lepers at rhe midnight releases.
    Sleep little one, sleep