Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Diablo 3

Old School
    Scrith#1193

60 Monk soloing Inferno Act 1

Lightbringer#1334
    Teenagers are God's punishment for enjoying sex.

Talk shit, get hit.

Been talking to Valdis and Kath about needed gear for lvl 60 to help out on inferno...

Is there anything that people may need some assistance on getting (weapons, resis gear, etc.)? Asking because I do a shit ton of MF runs on a mini-boss in act 4 inferno (not actually in act 4 yet, but I got the wp from a friend and since then I've found some decent gear).

Reply here or send me an in game tell (Wresh#1415) and I will see if I can find something to help. I've found some decent blue 900+ damage weapons and a lot of resis all armor. Might save some $$ for everyone.

I was annoyed that they added it as well. It's like an invitation for seller spam, why would they add it?

Hoss Officer / WoW
    Last month we gave you a glimpse into how we were taking in initial feedback on the game, and ideas for some potential system changes we could make. Today we wanted to follow up and provide concrete info on some of the changes we’ve been working on, and give everyone a heads up before the 1.0.3 patch hits later this month.

Bridging the Item Gap
    The ilvl (item level) of an item determines the statistical budget for its power. The way the game is currently set up, Act I drops ilvl 61 gear and below, Act II drops ilvl 62 gear and below, and Act III and IV drop ilvl 63 and below. Unfortunately this has caused two main issues. The first is players who find an Act too difficult feel compelled to use the auction house in order to progress. The second is that certain classes, skills, and play styles are less gear dependent than others, so although great items are making their way into the game economy, people feel pigeonholed into a handful of viable strategies. For a lot of people they would rather do something frustrating or boring in Hell Act IV (such as having Tyrael fight for them or breaking vases) for a chance at a "top-tier" upgrade, rather than fight hordes of monsters in Inferno Act I. We’re shifting to a philosophy where the best items in the game can drop from many different places, so a wider variety of play styles are viable. If you would rather chain-pull elite packs in Act I rather than 3 minute cat-and-mouse in Act IV, we'd like you to be able to do that and know you can still find the best items in the game.

Nothing would explain it as well as just sharing the intended drop rates coming in the next patch, so here they are. Note that the drop rates vary slightly by item type; the table below represents an approximate aggregated rate of all item types:
    New drop rates for 1.0.3
    Item Hell Act III and IV Inferno Act I Inferno Act II Inferno Act III/IV
    iLvl 61 9 % 18% 19% 24%
    iLvl 62 2% 8% 12% 16%
    iLvl 63 0% 2% 4% 8%

As you can see, players who would rather murder monsters 4x as fast in Inferno Act I can do so knowing they have a chance at amazing items, and players who want a challenge can kill in Acts III and IV in Inferno and be rewarded with a higher drop rate.

You Keep Using That Word
    As previously mentioned, we’re going to be reviewing Legendary items in a future patch. Legendaries won’t change in 1.0.3, but it’s still something we’re actively working on. When we’re done, high level Legendaries should be flat out better than blue items, they’ll carry a good amount of power with them, and they should also be distinctive or memorable in the benefits they provide. We’ll be able to share more information on the specific changes we’re making after 1.0.3 launches.

The Nephalem Difference
    It’s no secret that our goal for the end-game item hunt is players hunting monsters packs, building to five stacks of Nephalem Valor, and then killing a boss. While we’re seeing a lot of that occurring, what we’re missing is people feeling like it’s worthwhile to continue onward after killing a boss. To help hit that goal we’re lowering the number of guaranteed Rare items on bosses when you have your full five stacks of Nephalem Valor from two guaranteed Rares to one guaranteed Rare (you still have a very good chance at multiple rares, it's just no longer guaranteed). In exchange, all champion and rare packs will now drop a bonus guaranteed Rare item when you have your full five stacks of Nephalem Valor. The change benefits players with more overall drops, and a reason to push to continue progressing.

You Into the Group Thing?
    We’re removing the bonus monster damage per additional player in a coop game. Our design goal is for players who prefer to play solo to be able to play solo, and players who prefer to play in groups to be able to play in a group. We feel the bonus monster damage per additional player is one of the biggest inhibitors to wanting to play with your friends. In a perfect world, single player and co-op would be absolutely equal, but that’s not attainable when you consider item properties such as “Life on Kill” or skills such as Archon which simply scale better when you are solo. Since the variety and breadth of game mechanics essentially dictate that solo vs. group play will never be 100% equal, our goal is to make them as close as possible but err on the side of coop in cases where we need to make adjustments. The inherent logistical requirements when forming up with other players and attempting to work together effectively warrants some added benefits.

Oh Yeah!
    Inferno balance right now has a difficulty gap in which Act I feels about right, but Act II feels like trying to bust through a brick wall. In patch 1.0.3 we’re going to be lowering that wall by adjusting the damage and health of monsters in Inferno Act II, III and IV. We feel like Act I Inferno is in a pretty good place. Our design goal with Acts II, III and IV is to keep them challenging, but smooth the difficulty ramp out a bit. If a monk or barbarian is geared well enough that they can use a heavily offensive build and murder everything in Act I, they should be able to swap to a more defensive build and do okay in Act II. As they gear up they can begin adjusting back to becoming offensive in Act II, at which point they can jump into Act III with a focus on defense, and so on. Difficulty certainly ties into itemization, encounter and enemy tuning, and class balance, and all of these things together are going to paint a more reasonable difficulty curve as you hit Inferno in 1.0.3.

Paying for Your Mistakes
    Current repair costs at level 60 are barely noticeable, and because of that we see a lot of people wonder if “graveyard zerging” tough enemies or “chain rezzing allies on a boss” is intended gameplay – it definitely is not. To help solve the issue we evaluated a number of new death mechanics, such as just allowing the resurrection timer to increase even higher, disallowing resurrection during boss fights, or putting a debuff on you when you resurrect (such as reduced combat effectiveness). Ultimately we felt that increasing repair costs was the best solution that preserves the fast paced style of the game. Repair costs on level 60 items are going to go up a lot. Our goal is the next time a player is graveyard zerging a boss, it should occur to them that “this is probably not an efficient way to go about things”. We’re currently evaluating repair costs between 4x and 6x their current values. In the face of increasing costs, we recommend listening to the Hardcore players out there as they probably have some helpful advice on how to minimize repair costs. Following this change zerging a boss will still be possible, but our intent is that it won’t be optimal, and players who are seeking to be as efficient as possible will adjust their item hunting routes accordingly.

Whoa, Whoa, Nice Shootin’ Tex
    We’re fixing a number of bugs with Attack Speed, mainly related to the stat not working on some items, but we’ve also decided we need to reduce the effectiveness of Increased Attack Speed overall. Many players have commented that Increased Attack Speed is such a dominant stat they feel it’s required. While we don’t have an issue with there being important stats, Increased Attack Speed in particular has secondary effects on mobility in combat, resource generation and resource consumption. We want there to be options and considerations for how you gear up, and one uber trump-everything stat can really work against choice and options. There are two different solutions we’re considering to reduce the effectiveness of Increased Attack Speed. The first is to simply reduce the value on all the items to their desired values. In general our desire is to never change items as that makes them feel less concrete, but the upside is you would still be able to look at an item and know exactly what you are getting. The other approach is to change the formula used for attack speed aggregation so that stacking attack speed from multiple slots suffers from diminishing returns. The downside of that approach is that it introduces yet another hidden modifier on an item property (and many people dislike hidden modifiers), and complicates the already difficult decision of item gearing. We’re currently leaning toward the first solution, to simply reduce the value on items, but we’d be interested to read people’s thoughts on the problem.

Just Three Two Easy Payments
    We previously hinted that Blacksmith and Jeweler costs are coming down, and overall it will be far more reasonable to train them up and craft items. The most dramatic reduction is on the combine costs for tier 2-8 gems. The gem combine costs for Perfect Square and above will remain unchanged.

Gem Quality Previous Cost New Cost
    Flawed 3 Chipped + 500 gold 2 Chipped + 10 gold
    Normal 3 Flawed + 750 gold 2 Flawed + 25 gold
    Flawless 3 Normal + 1250 gold 2 Normal + 40 gold
    Perfect 3 Flawless + 2000 gold + 1 Page 2 Flawless + 55 gold + 1 Page
    Radiant 3 Perfect + 3500 gold + 2 Pages 2 Perfect + 70 gold + 2 Pages
    Square 3 Radiant + 7500 gold + 1 Tome 2 Radiant + 85 gold + 1 Tome
    Flawless Square 3 Square + 20,000 gold + 2 Tomes 2 square + 100 gold + 2 Tomes

Nerf Them, Buff Me
    Class tuning is not a major focus for 1.0.3. There will be a small number of skills changes, but for the most part we want people to continue experimenting and enjoy their skills for a while. Our goal was and continues to be build diversity, and though we see quite a bit of build diversity, we think we can do much better. Class tuning will be an ongoing process, and we’re targeting the 1.1 patch for most class tweaks, with a focus on punching build diversity up a few more notches.

But What About…
    While these are a few of the larger systems adjustments we’re making, the 1.0.3 patch will include many fixes, quality of life enhancements, Auction House improvements, and other changes. We hope you look forward to the patch as much as we do getting it out there, and again we appreciate your continued feedback. See you in-game!

Hoss Officer / WoW
    From the developer Q&A on Reddit tonight:

General
    • There could be an "auto-skip cinematics" options added in the future.
    • There will likely be an "invisibility mode" for the friend list in a future patch.
    • Blizzard are looking into adding an option that will filter out white items on the ground.
    • There will be more ingame hints added that point to the existence of Elective Mode.
    • Players have discovered all zones in the game.
    • Custom chat channels are in the works.

Items
    • The color of Health Potions, Gems, Tomes and Pages will change in a future patch.
    • When Legendaries get an upgrade in a future patch they'll have many interesting proc abilities.
    • There is no elemental damage because players would just use the one that has the highest DPS. The only elemental damage type that survived is Cold - it has lowered damage but chills enemies. It's also the least used damage type.
    • There are currently restrictions that don't let you dye Legendary items. Blizzard are looking into the Tech issue of solving that.
    • The Staff of Herding and all components required to craft it will be made to stand out WAY more in the inventory in 1.0.3.
    • The stat for increasing the potency of Health Globes might also affect Potions as well in the future.

Life Steal and Life on Hit
    • Life on Hit is roughly 3 times stronger than Life Steal but doesn't scale as well. Life Steal is tuned for DPS that players would hit months after release.
    • Life Steal is made to, someday, make you feel like you're breaking the game.
    • If in a few months Life Steal is still not used enough it'll receive changes.
    • Life Steal is also tuned for multiple targets taken into account.

Difficulty
    • Whimsyshire will also be affected by the incoming difficulty changes in 1.0.3. For Hell Whimsyshire counts as Act IV and for Inferno as Act III/IV.
    • In a future patch bosses will give better loot the first time you kill them in a higher difficulty (not going to be in 1.0.3).

Crafting
    • The Blacksmith crafting will have its prices decreased in 1.0.3.
    • Blizzard like the idea of adding gems into the Blacksmith's crafts in the future.
    • Crafting is not meant to have better items than monster drops or AH. It's just another gold outlet. With the price reduction in 1.0.3 though things should get "a little more interesting".
    • Blacksmith and Jeweler recipes drop only in Inferno. As people get more into that difficulty and Blizzard get more results to monitor they might considere increasing their drop rates.

Monsters
    • In a future patch Shielding enemies will cast their shields less frequently.
    • In a future patch rares with Invulnerable Minions will have their health decreased.
    • Some fleeing monsters will flee less in 1.0.3 so that enrage timers don't become a big issue for players.

Auction House
    • Blizzard are considering adding the RMAH to Hardcore mode.
    • Commodities have been down because of flawed design. It made players spam the Search button.
    • You will be able to cancel auctions in patch 1.0.3 (99% sure).
    • There are currently no plans to let players choose how long they're putting items up for.
    • The Auction House has no effect on drop rates. They are actually tuned for players that will never use the Auction House.
    • The game was tuned without the Auction House because there weren't enough players to make it work during internal testing.
    • Item comparison in the Auction House window will be added in the future.

Classes
    • Class sigils from the pre-release promotional site should start showing up in the next couple weeks.
    • Some Demon Hunter abilities will be buffed to promote build diversity (not in 1.0.3).
    • The least used skills at level 60 are Energy Twister, Exploding Palm, Sacrifice, Ancient Spear and Strafe.

Magic Find
    • Magic Find works exactly the same way as it did in Diablo II.

PvP
    • There will only be Arena in the PvP patch.
    • There might be dueling at some point in the future.

Hardcore
    • 4.1% of characters are Hardcore.
    • Every design decision takes Hardcore into account.

Hardcore Characters Class Breakdown:
    • Level 46-50: Barbarian: 25.86% * Monk: 23.90% * Demon Hunter: 18.47% * Wizard: 16.96% * Witch Doctor: 14.81%
    • Level 60: Barbarian: 22.67% * Monk: 21.83% * Demon Hunter: 21.04% * Wizard: 19.23% * Witch Doctor: 15.23%

I've had more birthdays than Strom Thurman! Zappo's Avatar
    I'd give you karma if I could.

Hoss Officer / WoW
    Well posting patch notes and dev info is generally what I am known for on the forums... It's actually my guild note even.

Hoss Officer / WoW
    Hotfixes that went live sometime Friday night

General
    • In cooperative games, monster damage will no longer increase when additional players join the game. Please note that monster health will still scale based on the number of players in a party

Bug Fixes
    • Tyrael no longer has collision when he is your active follower
    • Pots of ashes in Act I and vases in Act IV will now drop less gold when destroyed
    • Fixed a bug where players could turn in the same quest repeatedly and always receive rewards as though they were completing the quest for the first time

Fast shielding desert giant outside of my dungeon i have to go into to get my blood of zulle on nightmare and im a demon hunter..... I am just gonna /wrist now
    Teenagers are God's punishment for enjoying sex.

Talk shit, get hit.

Almost as drunk as Andaas Tenelen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabertootth View Post
    Fast shielding desert giant outside of my dungeon i have to go into to get my blood of zulle on nightmare and im a demon hunter..... I am just gonna /wrist now
    HA This is nothing!

Try Horde, immune, shield, and frozen.

Hoss Officer / WoW
    To hell with Immune.

Argo#1161

I've got a 60 monk and a 60 DH. Enjoying the game a lot so far!
    Argonah Ge'Tyah <Hoss>
    Lord Protector of Karana!

Hoss Officer / WoW
    Diablo III Patch 1.0.3 - v.1.0.3.10057
    General
    • To prevent monsters from being unintentionally kited into town from other areas of the game, portals have been placed at both ends of the bridge from New Tristram to The Weeping Willow. Towns have always been intended to be a safe haven from combat, and this change will help keep the denizens of New Tristram safe from the dangers that lurk beyond its walls.
    • The real-money auction house is now available for Chilean, Argentinian, and Brazilian currencies

Battle.net
    • General
      • Friends will now sort alphabetically by name within the Friends List, first by Real ID and then by BattleTag
      • The Quick Join menu will now also sort alphabetically by name, first by Real ID and then by BattleTag
      • Chat settings and preferences will now be saved whenever you log out
      • Reporting another player using the Report > Spam option will now mute that player for the duration of your gaming session

• Bug Fixes
      • Using the /who command in a heavily populated chat channel should no longer cause the client to crash
      • The "Invite to Party" button should no longer become grayed-out if a player:
        • Declines a party invite
        • Requests a party invite and then declines it
        • Accepts a party invite, but immediately then leaves the party

• The character screen should now always display the display the correct act and quest information
      • If Real ID has been disabled for a Battle.net account, attempting to add a Real ID friend in Diablo III will now prompt the player with the following error message: "Battle.net is unable to add friends because you have Real ID disabled."

Classes
    • Barbarian
      • Active Skills
        • Ignore Pain
          • Skill Rune – Contempt for Weakness
            • The amount of damage reflected will now cap at the player's maximum Life

• Overpower
          • Skill Rune – Crushing Advance
            • The tooltip has been updated to represent that both melee and ranged damage are reflected

• Weapon Throw
          • Tooltip now displays the correct duration for how long a target will be slowed: "Hurl a throwing weapon at any enemy for 100% weapon damage and Slow the movement of the enemy by 60% for 1.5 seconds." (The functionality of the skill has not changed.)

• Passive Skills
        • Relentless
          • Now reduces the Fury cost of all skill by 75%, down from 100% (the 50% damage reduction remains unchanged)

• Demon Hunter
      • Active Skills
        • Cluster Arrow
          • Skill Rune - Dazzling Arrow
            • Tooltip now displays the correct type of weapon damage dealt by Dazzling Arrow: "Enemies hit by grenades have a 55% chance to be stunned for 2 seconds and changes the damage to Physical." (The functionality of the skill has not changed.)

• Grenades
          • Skill Rune - Stun Grenades
            • Tooltip now displays the correct duration for how long a target will be stunned: "Hurl grenades that have a 25% chance to Stun enemies for 1.5 seconds." (The functionality of the skill has not changed.)

• Bug Fixes
        • Caltrops
          • Skill Rune – Jagged Spikes
            • Effect will now only stack up to 10 times on a single target

• Elemental Arrow
          • Skill Rune – Nether Tentacles
            • Tentacles will now only hit each target once

• Monk
      • General
        • Monks can now use spears, two-handed weapons, and two-handed swords

• Active Skills
        • Serenity
          • Skill Rune – Instant Karma

• Seven-Sided Strike
          • Skill Rune - Sustained Attack
            • Tooltip has been updated for clarity: "Reduces the cooldown of Seven-Sided Strike to 23 seconds." (The functionality of the skill has not changed.)

• Mantra of Retribution
          • Damage will now cap based on the maximum Life of the target

• Bug Fixes

• Witch Doctor
      • Active Skills
        • Summon Zombie Dogs
          • Skill Rune – Leeching Beasts
            • Tooltip has been updated for clarity: "Your Zombie Dogs heal 50% of the damage they deal as Life divided evenly between themselves and you." (The functionality of the skill has not changed.)

• Wizard
      • Active Skills
        • Diamond Skill
          • Skill Rune – Mirror Skin
            • The amount of damage reflected will now cap at the amount of damage absorbed by Diamond Skin

• Magic Weapon
          • When activated, a buff icon will now appear that displays the amount of time remaining

• Meteor
          • Skill Rune - Star Pact
            • Now deals damage as Arcane instead of Fire

• Passive Skills
          • Paralysis
            • Tooltip now displays the correct duration for how long a target will be stunned: "Lightning damage dealt to enemies has up to a 8% chance to Stun the target for 1.5 seconds." (The functionality of the skill has not changed.)

Items
    • General
      • + Attack Speed bonus values on weapons and armor have been reduced by 50%
        • This change does not apply to quivers

• High-end items (items level 61-63) will now drop in all Acts of Inferno and Acts III and IV of Hell difficulty
        • The new approximate drop rates are as follows:
          • Hell - Act III and Act IV
            • iLvl 61: 9%
            • iLvl 62: 1.9%
            • iLvl 63: 0%

• Inferno - Act I
            • iLvl 61: 17.7%
            • iLvl 62: 7.9%
            • iLvl 63: 2.0%

• Inferno - Act II
            • iLvl 61: 18.6%
            • iLvl 62: 12.4%
            • iLvl 63: 4.1%

• Inferno - Act III and Act IV
            • iLvl 61: 24.1%
            • iLvl 62: 16.1%
            • iLvl 63: 8.0%

• Please see the Patch 1.0.3 Design Preview for more information and specific details

• Repair costs have been increased for item levels between 53 and 63
      • Magic Find will no longer be considered when looting objects in the environment such as chests, barrels, vases, pots, and corpses
      • The item quality of all components needed to craft the Staff of Herding, as well as the Staff of Herding itself, have been changed from Common to Legendary (i.e. their item names will appear orange in color)
      • The Staff of Herding can no longer be salvaged or dropped
      • Crafted items that are dropped on the ground due to a player’s inventory being full can no longer be seen or picked up by other players
      • Unique monsters in Hell and Inferno difficulty are no longer guaranteed to drop two Magic items when slain
      • Weapon racks will no longer drop weapons 100% of the time
      • Destructible objects no longer have a chance to drop items, and will only have a small chance to drop gold when destroyed

• Weapons and Armor
      • "Balanced" superior items (i.e. Balanced Short Sword) will now grant a percent attack speed increase that only affects the weapon itself, rather than a flat increase to attacks per second that affected both equipped weapons when dual-wielding
      • Crowd Control Reduction from items and skills will now reduce the percentage value of Slow, Chill, and Attack Speed debuffs rather than reducing how long the debuff lasts
        • For example: previously, if you were debuffed by a 60% slow that lasted for 2 seconds while wearing gear that provides 20% Crowd Control Reduction, your movement speed would be reduced by 60%, but only for 1.6 seconds. Now, the same amount of Crowd Control Reduction will reduce the Slow effect to 48%, but the effect will remain for the full 2 second duration.

• Manticore now has one additional bonus affix

• User Interface
      • Minimum damage and Maximum damage values will now display separately in an item's tooltip (i.e. "+2-4 Damage" will now display as "+2 Minimum Damage” and “+2 Maximum Damage")
      • Tooltips for items on the ground will now show comparison stats
      • Resist values will now be taken into effect when calculating the Protection comparison stat (the Protection value is an average protection estimate of all your resists)
      • When comparing a two-handed weapon against two currently-equipped one-handed weapons, the game will now simulate the removal of both one-handed weapons (instead of simply removing the main-hand weapon, which resulted in an inaccurate comparison)
      • When selling items to a vendor, the most recently sold items will now always display at the bottom of the Buyback tab

• Bug Fixes
      • Items level 50 and above will now display their item level in the tooltip
      • Damage Over Time (DoT) skills will now properly benefit from items with the +Critical Chance affix
      • Legendary items with the +Attack Speed bonus will now correctly provide a bonus to attack speed
        • Please note that this fix will only affect new Legendary drops. Existing Legendary items will be addressed in future patch.

• Players wearing +Life on Kill items should no longer receive a benefit from this affix when "killing" friendly monsters (e.g. when a witch doctor re-summons a Spider Queen while another Spider Queen is still active)
      • Fixed a bug with linking items with socketed gems in chat
      • Fixed a bug where vendors would occasionally not have any items for sale
      • Fixed a bug where selling more than 12 items to a vendor and then buying back 1 of those items could cause multiple items to disappear from the Buyback tab
      • Fixed a bug where swapping a 1-slot item (i.e. a ring) with 2-slot item (i.e. a weapon) in the second or third tab of a player’s stash would sometimes cause the 2-slot item to be filtered incorrectly to the first tab
      • Fixed a bug that was causing Collector's Edition dyes to sell for the same price regardless of stack size...

Crafting
    • General
      • The gold and material crafting costs for all items level 1-59 have been reduced by 50% to 75%

• Blacksmith
      • The gold cost to level the Blacksmith has been reduced by 50%
      • The number of Pages of Blacksmithing, Tomes of Blacksmithing, or Tomes of Secrets required to level the Blacksmith has been reduced
        • Base levels now require 1 page/tome, down from 5
        • Milestone levels now require 2 pages/tomes, down from 5

• The number of Pages of Blacksmithing and Tomes of Blacksmithing required to craft items level 1-59 has been reduced
      • Items with 3 affixes no longer require Pages of Blacksmithing or Tomes of Blacksmithing to craft
      • The gold cost of crafting items with 4 affixes and 5 affixes (including items in Inferno difficulty) has been reduced
      • Weapon crafting costs have been reduced
      • The chance for level 60 items to produce Legendary crafting materials when salvaged has been reduced

• Jeweler
      • The gold and material cost to combine gems ranks 2-8 has been reduced
        • Combinations for these ranks now only require 2 gems, down from 3
          • The gold cost to combine each rank of gems is now as follows:
            • Rank 2: Flawed: 10 gold (down from 500 gold)
            • Rank 3: Regular: 25 gold (down from 750 gold)
            • Rank 4: Flawless: 40 gold (down from 1250 gold)
            • Rank 5: Perfect: 55 gold (down from 2000 gold)
            • Rank 6: Radiant: 70 gold (down from 3500 gold)
            • Rank 7: Square: 85 gold (down from 7500 gold)
            • Rank 8: Flawless Square: 100 gold (down from 20,000 gold)

Followers
    • General
      • Bug Fixes
        • Fixed a bug where the maximum Life of your followers was being displayed as different values in different parts of the game UI

• Enchantress
      • Skills
        • Mass Control
          • Radius reduced from 15 yards to 8 yards
          • If Enchantress also has Reflect Missiles trained, Mass Control will no longer accidentally hex the player when both skills are activated
          • Skill will now correctly target enemies in all circumstances

Bosses
    • General
      • Bosses have had their pathing improved
      • The quality of the item for the fourth stack of Nephalem Valor from bosses has been slightly reduced

• Skeleton King
      • Abilities
        • Will now summon Skeletal Archers in Hell and Inferno difficulties

• The Warden (mini-boss)
      • General
        • Now has Fast and Molten affixes, in addition to Jailer
        • In Inferno difficulty, the Warden will also gain the Desecrator affix

• Butcher
      • Bug Fixes
        • Fixed an issue where the corner panel fires in the Chamber of Suffering were doing twice as much damage as intended

• Ghom
      • Abilities
        • Gas Cloud
          • Radius of Gas Cloud has been slightly reduced
          • Slowing effect has been removed
          • The amount of damage dealt by Gas Cloud when first entering the cloud has been reduced, but the amount of damage incurred for remaining in the cloud has been increased
          • In Inferno difficulty, Gas Clouds will last longer, spawn 2 at a time, and (after 4 minutes) spawn more quickly

• Maghda
      • Bug Fixes
        • Punish Dust projectiles can no longer be reflected

• Zoltun Kulle
      • General
        • Zoltun Kulle will now enrage in Inferno difficulty after 3 minutes, using his Ceiling Collapse ability more often and for much higher damage

• Abilities
        • Ceiling Collapse
          • Can now be cast at a player from any range

• Fireball
          • Fireball attack now moves slower
          • Can now be cast at a player from any range

• Teleport
          • Will now Teleport and run away from the player less often
          • Will now occasionally Teleport to the player

• Belial
      • General
        • Belial will now enrage in Inferno difficulty after 3 minutes in his final phase, increasing the number of green pools dropped across the entire encounter platform

• Bug Fixes
        • Fixed a bug that was causing Belial to use his breath attack away from the player rather than towards the player under certain circumstances

• Siegebreaker
      • General
        • Overall damage has been reduced
        • No longer vulnerable to Confuse and Charm effects
        • Will now drop a health globe every 25% health mark (i.e. at 75%, 50%, and 25% health)
        • Now enrages after 4 minutes
        • In Inferno difficulty, Siegebreaker will now gain the Reflects Damage affix

• Cydaea
      • Abilities
        • Spiderlings
          • Spiderlings will now have an easier time hitting players, but their damage has been reduced by 20% to compensate
          • In Inferno difficulty, Spiderlings will now live longer, be more spread out, and (after 4 minutes) spawn more often

• Rakanoth
      • General
        • In Inferno difficulty, Rakanoth will now become much more aggressive after 3 minutes

• Izual
      • General
        • Health pool has been increased
        • The number of Oppressors that join the fight has been reduced from 4 to 2
        • Will no longer target Followers or Tyrael as frequently

• Abilities
        • Base Attacks
          • Base attack damage has been lowered
          • No longer does Cold damage on top of base attacks

• Charge
          • Charge damage has been reduced
          • Knockback has been removed
          • Will Charge slightly more often, but will only target players

• Frozen Bombs
          • Frozen Bomb damage has been reduced
          • Bombs will now explode faster
          • Only 8 Bombs will now spawn around the player rather than 12
          • Bombs will spawn at Izual's feet less often

• Frost Explosion
          • Frost Explosion damage has been reduced by 70%
          • Duration of freeze has been increased
          • Damage dealt to players while frozen will now break the effect
          • Players can now use defensive cooldown while frozen
          • Players can no longer avoid being frozen by doing high amounts of amount to Izual

• Bug Fixes
        • Izual will no longer spawn twice if a player skips his introductory cut-scene

• Diablo
      • Bug Fixes
        • Damage Over Time (DoT) effects will now be properly cancelled when Diablo becomes invisible and casts Shadow Clones in Phase Two
        • Diablo "Stomp" ability is now correctly classified as a debuff instead of a buff
        • Fixed a bug that was causing pets to not attack Shadow Clones

Monsters
    • General
      • Champions, Rares, and Uniques have had their pathing improved
      • Elite packs (Champion/Rare) now drop an additional item for players with 5 stacks of Nephalem Valor, which is guaranteed to be of Rare quality
      • Damage from monsters in Acts II, III, and IV in Inferno difficulty has been reduced
      • Colossal Golgor base damage has been reduced
      • Herald of Pestilence tentacle attack damage has been reduced
      • Soul Ripper and Soul Lasher damage has been reduced and both monsters will now run away less often
      • Wasps in Act II, Mage Constructs in Act II, and Winged Mollocks in Acts III and IV will now run away less
      • Succubus monsters will now run away less and for a shorter distance
      • The health pools of Woodwraiths in the Highlands now match the health pools of Woodwraiths in the Fields of Misery
      • Lacuni and Scavenger Rares and and Champions will now un-burrow when called by their allies
      • Bloodclan Warriors no longer knockback when buffed and attack slightly slower
      • Morlu no longer have the Invulnerable Minions, Health Link, or Fire Chains affixes
      • Plagued, Arcane Enchanted, and Electrified monsters no longer have resistance to Poison, Arcane, and Lightning damage (respectively)
      • Leaders of Invulnerable Minions packs have had their health pools reduced
      • Mortar monsters can now hurl projectiles farther, but their minimum range has also been increased by 100%

• Bug Fixes
      • Interrupting a monster attack before it lands will now properly trigger its cooldown
      • Treasure Goblins will now drop gold piles for all nearby players
      • Lacuni Warrior Rares and Champions will now reset their enrage timer correctly in Inferno difficulty
      • The Succubus "Blood Star" debuff will no longer affect the player if the damage from the projectile is dodged/blocked/etc
      • The damage from the Succubus “Blood Star” debuff will now scale based on the current cost of a player's skill, even if the cost is reduced by items or skill runes
      • Monsters with the Extra Health affix should no longer gain more health every time players leave and join the game
      • Monsters with the Reflects Damage affix will no longer reflect Follower damage back to the player
      • Monsters with the Health Link and Knockback affixes will no longer knockback friendly monsters
      • Fixed a bug that was causing Champion Wallers to occasionally create walls at their location rather than the player's location
      • Fixed a bug where Sandwasp projectiles could sometimes become invisible

Bug Fixes
    • General
      • The experience bar for characters at level cap on a Guest Pass account will now display 0-0 experience. If the account holder upgrades to the full game, their characters will be at 0/41000 experience towards the next level.
      • The speed of the animation that plays when resurrecting another players should no longer scale with your attack speed
      • Attempting to cast a skill while spamming the Town Portal hot key will now correctly interrupt the Town Portal cast and animation
      • Players who use Town Portal while in a tar pit will no longer keep the tar pit debuff after being teleported
      • It is no longer possible for players in Hell difficulty to skip to Inferno difficulty by creating and leaving Public Games
      • It is no longer possible to prevent character death in a single-player game by pausing the game in one game client and then logging into the same account from a different game client
      • Fixed a bug where The Lyceum in the Southern Highlands was not appearing
      • Fixed a bug where players could switch their offerings in the Trade window right before clicking "Accept" and, due to high latency, the game would not always be able to verify that both players were accepting the same offerings
      • Fixed a bug that was allowing players to temporarily pick up items that belonged to another account
      • Fixed a bug that was causing players to become stuck when using a banner to port to another player that was in an "un-walkable" location (i.e. to a barbarian in the middle of performing Leap)
      • Fixed a position desync bug ,aka "rubberbanding", that could happen when some movement skills (Strafe, Whirlwind, Tempest Rush) ended because the player ran out of the appropriate resource
      • Fixed several issues where a player's character would get stuck or "rubberband" while moving if their movement speed was slowed in any way
      • Several performance improvements have been made to both the PC and Mac client

• Auction House
      • Item tooltips in the auction house will now correctly reflect stat bonuses provided by socketed gems
      • Items with class-specific affixes should now display the class restriction properly
      • It should no longer be possible for players to purchase a stack of items so large that it cannot be sent to their stash
      • The data displayed in each auction house tab should now properly reset when logging out

If you are experiencing technical issues with the patching process, connecting to Battle.net after installing the patch, or errors while playing a newly-patched game, please visit our support site or post in the Technical Support forum for assistance.

Hawt Dorf Incarnation 3.0 Kakeku's Avatar
    I played this game for about a week when it came out. It is not a bad game but not an addictive one either, at least to me. Diablo I was the best among the series. II and III are just the same concept with better graphics.

I probably would have played more Diablo III if my son did not intoroduce me the League of Legend. The game is surprisingly fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakeku View Post
    I played this game for about a week when it came out. It is not a bad game but not an addictive one either, at least to me. Diablo I was the best among the series. II and III are just the same concept with better graphics.

I probably would have played more Diablo III if my son did not intoroduce me the League of Legend. The game is surprisingly fun.
    I actually play a ton of League Of Legends too! It's a blast.
    Rhedd
    Always a dwarf.

I'm still playing more Lord of Ultima than any other game
    the truth hurts but it sets you free...

................(___)..........
    .................|Oo|...........
    .......... /```` OO).........
    ........./ |____-- .......druids are fine, l2p
    .......*...L......L.............

Ang have you heard from Renshin lately?

Hoss Officer / WoW
    1.0.3b was delayed at the last minute, however the following changes from that patch were hotfixed in last night I believe or maybe this morning.

Items

General

The drop rates for high-end items (items level 61-63) have been increased for Acts III and IV of Hell difficulty and Acts I – IV of Inferno difficulty

The new approximate drop rates are as follows:

Hell – Act III and Act IV

iLvl 61: 9% to 13.9%
    iLvl 62: 1.9% to 3.45%
    iLvl 63: 0% (no change)

Inferno – Act I

iLvl 61: 17.7% to 23.9%
    iLvl 62: 7.9% to 12.6%
    iLvl 63: 2.0% to 4.8%

Inferno – Act II

iLvl 61: 18.6% to 23.3%
    iLvl 62: 12.4% to 18.6%
    iLvl 63: 4.1% to 9.3%

Inferno – Act III and Act IV

iLvl 61: 24.1% to 27.1%
    iLvl 62: 16.1% to 21.7%

iLvl 63: 8.0% to 16.3%

Bug Fixes

Fixed a bug with several items that would allow those items to block pathing when dropped on the ground

Bosses

Bosses are now guaranteed to drop at least 1 Rare item for players with 4 stacks of Nephalem Valor and at least 2 Rare items for players with 5 stacks of Nephalem Valor

Bug Fixes

Fixed a crash that could sometimes occur when a player was interacting with environment objects (e.g. opening chests or clicking on a lectern)

Hoss Officer / WoW
    Also a decent farm guide for inferno acts.