Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Diablo 3

Hey valdis, you seem to.be in the know. How rare is rare.loot? I remeber after say level 8 to 10 not even bothering to pick up greens any more in D2 how much have they scaled that back because of the auction house crap?
    Sleep little one, sleep
    take comfort in the nights embrace
    Cause the morning sun is going to open your eyes
    and you'll see that you live in a fucked up place

Hoss Officer / WoW
    Well for the most part you won't want to ever pick up whites once you get too far in as it's vendor trash. The greens will probably always be worth keeping to salvage at the blacksmith to allow you to have him and the other one craft you some gear. I haven't played the beta in about a month now but the blacksmith gear was definitely worth it, granted to the stats weren't always great for your character but they were always on par with or better then the gear I had.

That being said keep in mind the max level was 13 and the gear I was crafting was for that general character level which means you generally need to get a good rare or higher quality to match. On the other hand it shouldn't be hard to use it to craft the few items you seem to have issues filling in such as the shoulders. Also the yellow weapons were very worth crafting Kath had her barb using a crafted 2h axe and absolutely demolished everything around her. I would imagine that when you are getting to the point where you are grinding even under max level for either experience or for magic find you may start skipping greens.

As for difficulty a lot of people have complained the beta feels to easy. From what the devs seem to say difficulty doesn't truly begin ramping until the end of Act 1. So Act 1's boss should be the first challenging place, I would guess roughly on par with Andariel ala D2 the first time you got to her. Another thing to keep in mind is that the runes and skills you have setup for your toon appear to be very flexible. So unlike D2 where you had 2-4 abilities and really only 1 that you would use constantly, D3 has the 6 abilities, 2 mouse buttons and 1-4, button 5 is perma resvd for your health pots. By default the game has a UI that forces you to put certain skills sets into certain buttons. (More info on that here.) I would recommend reading/skimming that, it also tells you how to turn this off so you can do whatever you want. Currently the skill calculator I believe forces you to use that default UI if you want to get the idea. But to get back to the earlier point I am guessing depending on what mini-boss, quest boss, act mobs, act boss etc you are dealing with you might leave your skills alone but may end up swapping to different runes to handle the situations better.

Also for those that didn't see Inferno difficulty has been changed. Previously all of Inferno mob wise was level 61 or 62. Now the level of mobs ramp. So act 1 is still the same difficulty as it was previously but act 4 will have level 65 monsters. This adds a considerable amount of difficulty as all monsters are now 5 levels higher than you, on the other hand it means that those monsters will have a higher chance to drop better loot.

Hoss Officer / WoW

Hoss Officer / WoW
    Some quick notes on D3

End Game
    • Monsters in Act 1 are level 61, in Act 2 - 62 and in Acts 3 and 4 - 63. And each of those have Tier items that ONLY they drop - so a total of 3 Tiers in Inferno.

Hardcore

• We have a prime directive of 'do no harm to the co-op game'.
    • We didn't want people to find ways to exploit, or to steal items from other people.
    • Having player corpses NOT be lootable makes it MORE hardcore, because what would happen in D2, is that you could play with your friends, and if you died you wouldn't lose your items, because they'd loot them for you and give them back.

Hoss Officer / WoW
    As we near Diablo III’s long-awaited May 15 launch date, we have some additional details to share on what to expect, how to prepare, and when you’ll be able to begin installing and playing.

Purchase the Game
    If you haven’t already purchased Diablo III you can acquire it directly from Blizzard through the digital presale. You can also preorder the game at most major retailers and fine purveyors of high-quality gaming products worldwide. If you’re interested in the Diablo® III Collector’s Edition, please be aware that this physical retail-only edition is printed in limited quantities and has already sold out in most places that take preorders on games. We recommend calling around and checking if your local retailers will have the Collector’s Edition available.

Create Your BattleTag™
    We expect that on launch night both the game service and website will be under very heavy strain due to the immense number of people excited to be among the first playing Diablo III. With that in mind, we highly recommend you create your BattleTag now, as it’s required to play Diablo III. Please keep in mind that this non-unique nickname is a permanent choice, and will display both in-game and on the website, so be sure to choose one you like! (What is a BattleTag?)

Regional Launch Times
    As previously mentioned in the announcement of our midnight launch events, the launch time of the game is broken down by region.

The Americas (U.S., Canada, Latin America, Australia, New Zealand, and South East Asia) servers open at: 12:01 a.m. PDT, May 15

Digital Presale Download
    If you’ve purchased a digital copy you can begin downloading your client right now, and we highly encourage you to do so. We also have a Diablo III presale visual guide available that may be helpful. As it may take you some time to download the full game, it’s best that you begin early. This may afford you additional time to troubleshoot any downloader or installer issues you may encounter.

Early Install
    We will be unlocking the game's installer at 8:01 a.m. PDT on May 14. This will allow you to begin installing the game, troubleshoot any issues you run into, download and install the launch day 1.0.1 patch, and be ready to play as soon as the servers come online.

Global Play Launch Time
    We’ll be turning on Global Play when the game has launched in all regions. This means that you will not be able to play in a region outside your home region until after the Americas’ midnight launch at 12:01 a.m. PDT on May 15. We’ll provide an update once Global Play is enabled, and you’ll then be able to change the region you connect to through the game’s options. Please note that characters, items, and friends lists do not transfer across regions and players who use Global Play to connect outside of their home region will only be able to access the gold-based auction house. More information can be found in our Global Play introduction article.

Launch Night Login
    As we’ve unlocked the Diablo III installer early, many people will be ready to log in right when the servers go live at midnight, so we’re going to be closely monitoring the impact on the service. It’s possible we’ll need to adjust the rate at which we’re logging people in to ensure a stable experience, and if we do you may see a delay when attempting to login. Please be aware that a delay of up to 40 seconds is possible while the game attempts to connect you. If your connection doesn’t succeed in 40 seconds, you’ll be presented with an Error 37 message and asked to try again. If you see this error it does in fact mean that you should try again. We’ll be working around the clock to keep you informed of any issues that are occurring through the in-game breaking news window, as well as the official forums.

Blog Entries
    Pre-ordered, installer downloaded and BattleTag created.

If you want to chat or play some co-op, hit me up. For my non-RealID friends, my BattleTag: Zeyd#1355

Z

Almost as drunk as Andaas Tenelen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    My battletag is: Tenelen#1891

Elidroth#1330
    Last edited by Elidroth; 05-08-2012 at 09:27 AM.
    Elidroth, Overlord Skirt

Booyakasha!

Dealt#1670
    Never underestimate how complicated simple life can be...

Hoss/WoW
    derk#1506

Hoss Officer / WoW
    It is mature rated so you will need to log in. This is the short made by Titmouse.

Blog Entries
    I am known as andaas#1810 on battle.net; wish I could pick my own 4 digit number.
    Firanja - Medicor Mortuus
    Andaas Taranis - Druidicus Corpsus
    Andae - Clericus Inanimis

Hoss Officer / WoW
    It'd be nice wouldn't it.

Norme541#1413
    Sleep little one, sleep
    take comfort in the nights embrace
    Cause the morning sun is going to open your eyes
    and you'll see that you live in a fucked up place

Никогда не сдавайся
    Sukanac#1150

Toxicbill#1389

Rhedd#1846
    Rhedd
    Always a dwarf.

Blog Entries
    Tried installing today and ran to an odd "Your Disc has been ejected error". Downloaded the game installer again and ran it and it seems to be working now.

If you have any trouble there is some basic troubleshooting steps here: http://us.battle.net/support/en/arti...bleshooting-pc

And no I won't be playing at 12:01am PST tonight, you night owls have fun. I'll catch you in the morning

Z

I'll go to bed early and play at like 4 am before work =D
    Rhedd
    Always a dwarf.

I'll be there when the flood gates open, and up for around 20 hrs straight playing...