Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Computer purgatory

Computer purgatory

In spite of being in financial hell I have managed to save towards a new computer ($220.00! And that's pretty fucking amazing on a $25.00-per-week fun budget), but I'm afraid to shop for a few pieces because I don't know one thing:

WHAT IN THE FUCK ARE THE SYSTEM SPECS FOR SWTOR, YOU FUCKHEADS??? BIOWARE, YOU MUST HAVE SOME FUCKING IDEA WHAT KIND OF COMPUTER IS NEEDED TO RUN YOUR SOFTWARE, YOU ASS-GARGLING BUTT FINCHES!

*cough*

Thank you for listening,

-- Peotr

P.S.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nosemask.png 
Views:	282 
Size:	242.5 KB 
ID:	6943
    Last edited by Peotr; 08-05-2011 at 02:40 PM.

Peotr would you just give us a damn address (or paypal account) or something to send you some money so we can help you can buy a decent computer?

P.S. What is a butt finch?

Here ya go Pootr...

minimum:

Windows Vista/7 OS:
    +CPU: dual-tri core: Intel pentium D, Core dual of 2.4ghz or higher. AMD Atholon 64 x2, Phenom x3, Turion of 2.4ghz or higher.
    +Ram: 1GB
    +Vidoe card: 512 MB 128-bit or more with directX 10 like the ATI Radeon 2600 series or Nvidia Geforce 8600 series.
    +9.5 or if they go blue ray 25-50GB available space on the hard drive.
    +4x DVD or Blue ray drive
    +A high-speed internet of 1.5mbs or more.

Mac:
    (can't really guess for this one)

Recommended:

Windows Vista/7
    +CPU: Quad-core Intel core 2 Dual or AMD Phenom x4 at 2.8 Ghz
    +Ram: 2GB
    +Video Card: 1GB, 256-bit or more like the AMD/ATI radeon 4870 or Nvidia Geforce 260 GTX.
    +DirectX 10.1 or 11.
    +5 mbs high speed internet or more.

Like Maegwin said though.....Get us some info! Would be happy to help out!

I know they aren't the newest and best, but I have 2 9800 GT's in my system that I am about to upgrade. Would love to donate them to someone who can use them.

Quote Originally Posted by Maegwin View Post
    Peotr would you just give us a damn address (or paypal account) or something to send you some money so we can help you can buy a decent computer?
    I am already wracked with guilt about letting Bubs buy me a pre-paid WoW time card and then quitting the game while there was 50 days left on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maegwin View Post
    P.S. What is a butt finch?
    Whaaat? You know what a butt finch is! Everyone should know what a butt finch is! A butt finch (Avias Enrectum) is a small, seed-eating passerine that likes to build nests and raise their young in your asshole. They often sing while you're walking or when you're in public.

Very similar to the bird in my avatar, but more commonly seen singing while poking their head out of someone's butt.

P.P.S. I know that Bioware has a good track record for storylines, but I'm a little worried about how linear most of their titles are.

P.P.P.S. "Hi. We're Bioware. Did anyone call for a cattle-chute?"

Get over the guilt wracking and offer up some damn addresses. I've got enough computers in the flipping garage to start a web cafe.
    Ab alio spectes alteri quod feceris

Blog Entries
    Likewise for me. I have a fair amount of spare hardware, hard drives, couple nvidia 9800GT's, RAM, etc... I would be more than happy to ship you whatever you need, no matter how long you play, or don't play for! Hoss is family!

Seriously Peotr let us donate already jfc it's no big deal.

I also have a core 2 bestbuy box that crapped out. You can part it out or fix it if you have the patience. It may be junk or need a $10 part, fuck if I know as I hate computers. Anyhow I can ship it to you for fixing fun or like I said give us an address for funds/parts~

P.S. Work sucks
    P.S.S. No gaming makes Ain want to kill kittens
    P.S.S.S. Refer to P.S.

I as well have old parts including nice graphics cards. Very nice ones. Make it happen Peotr

Almost as drunk as Andaas Tenelen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonskils View Post
    Get over the guilt wracking and offer up some damn addresses. I've got enough computers in the flipping garage to start a web cafe.
    I don't normally do this but I agree with Lons! Let us help you out buddy!

Hoss/WoW
    Why does everyone have "good" hardware laying around? You people upgrade too quickly

About once a year I build a new box Berae.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Berae View Post
    Why does everyone have "good" hardware laying around? You people upgrade too quickly
    I upgrade my GPU's more often than my CPU's. CPU and memory is about once every 2 yrs, and GPU is about once a year.

Blog Entries
    I work on computers for friends/family and as a side-business, you end up gathering a lot of excess hardware.

Hoss/WoW
    Really need to start buying computer hardware instead of stocks, which is disappointing because the time to buy stocks is rapidly approaching! Yet again they are down before my paycheck, and will probably rally after I get paid >.>

Timing the market is a fool's game.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by boopie View Post
    Timing the market is a fool's game.
    Boopie don't forget who you are talking to here.

Thanks for the many offers (again), I don't mean to tease you with my computer-epeen-deflation issues. My situation is miserable because for years I would build myself a new top-of-the-line computer when the whim struck me (about every 9 months). Not being able to do that (or do any upgrading, or even afford new games, or even afford soda and junk food) makes me cranky, but really, my situation is not dire. I should be able to build up a good computer. I have a little bit of money, and I have a little bit of credit at a local store, and my brother has pledged to buy me a piece or two, and I have a case I can recycle, so I'm not in bad (bad bad really bad) shape. I just don't have much of a computer at the moment, and I can't make any impulse purchases. =|

And I don't have a dual monitor set up any more... etc., etc. I may cry like I'm starving, but really I'm only crying because I don't get to eat steak and prawns anymore. And that's a really stupid thing to cry about, because if I'm honest with myself I've never liked steak or prawns anyway, if you took me to Red Lobster I'd still order fish and chips and coleslaw. And I'm being honest - I was at a family celebration at a steak house in Lewiston and I ordered meat loaf with mashed potatoes, and all of you steak lovers can just fuck off right now, because I really like their meat loaf.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenelen
    Boopie don't forget who you are talking to here.
    Huzzah! I blew a little ice water out my nose!

P.S. Mostly moved to Orofino. My father is doing better, my mom has postponed her surgery for another 6 months, and I am doing most of the cooking. I'm in my little back room off the kitchen, typing at a cheap and cheesy child's desk from the 70's. Most of the room is filled with crap that the family hasn't sorted through yet. My bed is an old couch, my windows are covered with black garbage bags to reduce the light, and my main companion is a little dog named Kobe who sleeps at my feet and rubs his snot on me if I let my hands dangle in his reach.

Kobe is one of those rare dogs that can't crap in his own back yard. And if he craps on someone else's lawn I'm supposed to pick it up, which is a pointless gesture of neighborliness since all lawns in this town are littered with deer shit.

And still he insists on letting all this gear go to waste...

Peotr give it up! Give us a damn address before we hire a PI to come find you so we can send you goodies!