Thread: I am a slave

I am a slave

My life is no longer my own.

Last week my dad and I spent three days traveling from Orofino to Spokane to visit the VA clinic. The VA wanted to have their first look at dad after his heart surgery, and they scheduled a 100% complete appliance-up-your-butt physical, and a second-day one-on-one with a real doctor (which is rare for the VA). And then Friday they called him back ... 160 miles one-way to Spokane and we did it six times, and by the end of the third day riding in the Subaru was getting fucking old. My ass doesn't fit comfortably in the Subaru, and with the price of gas I thought we could justify staying at a motel in Spokane, but my dad doesn't like motels. And he likes to drive.

So I endured. I endured because it's my dad, and because I knew that my parents were leaving to spend a week with my Aunt in the Dalles. And I would be at home, alone, to fuck off to my hearts content. Not just screw off, but fuck off. Really fuck off. Fucking fuck off. Fuck-the-fucking-fuck-off. I was gonna play on my (brother's) computer, eat bad food, and fart whenever I wanted.

And then Friday night my mom brought out the guilt. "You know, your aunt hasn't seen you in a year. And she's 86 years old, and she doesn't get around very well, and she can't travel. And she'd really like to see you."

No. Nonono. I have a fuck-the-fucking-fuck-off itinerary, and it's all planned (as much as it needs to be planned) and I don't want to go to the Dalles to visit my aunt because that also means I get to do more cooking and dad is going to weasel me into helping him with all the yard work that doesn't get done and I'm gonna have to clean their kitchen that doesn't get cleaned including their goddamn refrigerator which is some bus-sized stainless steel German creature that lives in the wall and enables them to keep tons of Tupperware with half-cup portions of leftovers that won't be eaten but are too good to throw out and I'm gonna get to walk the fucking dog and scoop the fucking cat shit and watch shitty movies until 2:00 AM and I DON'T WANT TO GO, ALL I WANT TO DO IS FUCK FUCK FUCK OFF! I have much fucking off to do, and only a week to get it done, you've owned me ALL SUMMER, FUCK ...

FUCK FUCK!

Fuck.

fuck... *sigh*

So I'm in the Dalles. On top of all the work that has been mentioned above, I am cleaning 4 years of cruft out of their computer (which I gave them, and which is still better than the one that I've been left with). It won't boot because 'WinFixer' needs them to buy WinFixer Pro so they don't infect the rest of the internet, and I can't get rid of it, but I did successfully make a Linux boot thumb drive that lets me VNC into my home computer, where I've discovered that my Mom turned off my desk power strip before we left, which shuts off my external drive where I keep all of my backup software. ("I told you never to shut that off, Mom." "Well, I know, but I hate to leave stuff like that on when we're away from the house.")

I don't mean to be a crosspatch with my relatives. My aunt is quite old, and quite infirm, and she and my cousin Andrea (who has been a quadruplegic from a nasty accident with an uninsured motorist 25 years ago) have a co-dependent living arrangement where together they manage to almost-but-not-quite get enough accomplished to keep one of them cleaned and fed. Another cousin Jenny lives in the Dalles and helps out a lot. Quite a lot. So much that she's almost to the point of ruining her career and her marriage. It's a tough situation, and I'm glad to come over and help out when I can no I'm not I want to be fucking off right now please I don'tgiveafuckhowprettyTheDallesis and noIdon'twanttogotofuckingTarget and noIreallyreallydon'twanttowatchallfivedifferentver sionsofJaneAustin'sEmma.

So last night I'm sitting on the deck drinking hard lemonade with my cousin Jenny, the person who usually helps the most around their house, and somehow in the conversation I find out that everyone in the Dalles had been expecting me to show up. It seems that my mom has been telling them that the three of us would be coming over in mid-October. She's been telling them that for weeks, even though I've been telling mom for weeks that I'm going to stay home in Orofino and fuck off while they go to the Dalles. In fact, as far as The Dalles was concerned, there had never been a question whether I would be coming with my parents for this visit.

I am a slave. I knew my mom was manipulative, but I never knew how bad my mom was manipulative. I have met true evil, and it is my mom.

Peotr (Slave)

P.S. On the positive side I got to tell everyone in the Dalles the story about my zucchini bread victory over my other aunt.

P.P.S. And I tied their shitty cat up in a paper bag and left him screaming on the back porch. That was fun. I may be a slave, but they can't figure out how to punish me.
    Last edited by Peotr; 10-11-2011 at 03:10 PM.

Blog Entries
    Make the best of it Peotr and I hope you get some quality fuck-off time soon!

And, as always, I very much enjoy reading about your mis-adventures!

Hoss/WoW
    Try to enjoy your current adventure!
    Also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winfixer
    It hasn't been around since 2008 (in theory). I see commercials for that kind of shit all the time though.

Yikes. Nothing worse than a parent overstepping bounds.

Make the best of the bad situation and before you know it you'll be relaxing!

Where are the pictures?!?

Blog Entries
    Oh and Peotr, I don't know if you have tried this before but I have had good luck with ComboFix removing stubborn spyware. Make sure you download it from BleepingComputer.com.

It might help with your WinFixer problem.

Hoss/WoW
    Or toying with the registry while in safe mode

Download Unhackme that shit fixes everything!!
    Ab alio spectes alteri quod feceris

0/

Always good to read about your advantages peotr !!!
    Elkwood Level 70 Druid

Quote Originally Posted by Berae View Post
    Try to enjoy your current adventure!
    Also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winfixer
    It hasn't been around since 2008 (in theory).
    I was reading about WinFixer on the web, and what I was reading made it seem more annoying than lethal. I don't know if I actually had 'WinFixer', but the popup that flashed onto the screen said WinFixer and you couldn't close it. Every time you tried to close the window or use the Cancel button the entire screen would flash and you'd hear the Windows XP system alert beep. But you could not close it, you couldn't minimize it, you couldn't move it and you couldn't make it sit behind another window. Most of the taskbar worked but none of the icons on the desktop would work, which made me think that WinFixer's true window was actually transparent and the full size of the screen, thereby trapping all of your mouse calls. And I sure as hell couldn't uninstall it.

It's not worth my time to fix. I got their photos and music files and reinstalled. Much easier, and better for the computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Aindayen

Where are the pictures?!?
    Here's a picture I took this morning (in Orofino).

This is less than a block from my house. Eight wild turkeys just walking up the street. There are more scattered to the right of the photo, but not clumped so nicely.

I live in the wilderness.

Off-camera to the left was a neighbor wearing full RealTree camouflage, he and his buddies were getting ready to go bow hunting for turkeys. They bow hunt because they can do that within three miles of the residential areas. You can hunt with shotguns about eight miles past the city limits, but the areas outside the city limits that have turkeys are almost inaccessible. You'd really hate to hunt turkeys where they live, the turkeys in my county like these steep, rocky ravines in roadless hillsides. Or they live in town, a wildlife officer estimates there are 10,000 living within the residential limits. People around here don't like the wolves, and if the coyotes or wolves start coming into town to hunt the turkeys then Fish and Game will have to do a major turkey thinning operation.

Lots of wildlife are urbanized in my area, we are coming into fall and I see at least two dozen deer every day, and about six of the younger ones that have separated from their mothers like to bed down in my neighbors lawn. And he has a dog, and the dog's chain is within easy reach of those deer, but they seem to like each other. I don't see as many pheasant as I used to see in Moscow or Pullman, but there are quail running around like rats (and it is SO CUTE seeing a momma quail walking downtown with a dozen little quailettes squirting along behind her).

Another thing my county has by the tonnage is wild blackberries and huckleberries. They're all over, and no one thinks to pick them. This is a true statement: In northeastern Idaho more blackberries rot on the vine than are harvested in the entire world.
    Last edited by Peotr; 10-15-2011 at 12:18 PM.

10,000 living within resdidential limits! I'd be bow hunting them as well with such a target rich environment. How bad are the wolves in the area Peotr?

Blog Entries
    I spent a fair amount of my young years living in smaller mountain communities. It is much different that city living, no doubt. How do you like it Peotr? I mean other than the family fun
    Last edited by Zeyla; 10-17-2011 at 12:38 PM.