Thread: Feel like a idiot doing this

Hoss / EQ

Feel like a idiot doing this

Anyone happen to have any spare pc parts they absolutely do not need? I finally got around to inspecting my pc since getting out of my awesome recent hospital stay. A bit before that it had taken a dump, and with the way I was feeling especially just before going in for surgery I just had not bothered taking a look at it did not want more shitty stress.

Anyhow after taking a look at it and testing it all to the best of my ability, it seems the psu, hard drive and obviously the case is fine. I mean I suppose the PSU could be on the fritz and may have caused the whole problem anyway, just that those two items power on and worked for the most part in a neighbors house. Only way I was able to test all the hardware, and as I said seems those 3 items are the only things salvageable.

If my laptop had the ability to play SWToR, would not even of thought about posting two word about this or bringing it up. However it will not, and with this surgery and everything else going on financially replacing every part with viable parts is not a possibility for me. Thankfully as a gift from a few relatives SWToR pre-order is nearly payed for think a whole 5 dollars is owed on it. Thought about canceling it to try and at least get a part, but realistically it would defeat the purpose as its the game I need the pc to play anyhow.

I'm looking into ever possibility and hopefully I can get it up and running with no help as I feel like a piece of shit asking on here. Like I said I am trying my damnedest to get all the parts on my own and may just do it, but the video card seems to be the thing that just may not be possible no matter what tricks I can pull out of my ass. I figure with requirements most items can even be under that, but from what I have read the video card is the one thing that people are saying cant be that under the requirements for the game to run.

Ok sorry for the long drawn out post. Really I am I hate having to sound like i'm screaming "poor me". Like i said though if anyone has something lying around that they are not using at all or selling for cheap enough it would be appreciated. If not, I appreciate any of you even taking the time to read the post. I have made a few after reading them weird irrelevant posts lately which btw I am sorry for laying around "healing" gets to you and you tend to ramble.

One way or another though, regardless I will see whoever is playing SWToR on the game. Nothing is going to stop me playing the game let alone playing the game with you guys. Unless of course the game bombs and shuts down the first month. In which case nothing will stop me from playing SWToR with you guys for the first month!!

PS. I am not begging for any money what so ever, if it comes across as such I am sorry. If it comes across that way to any of you let me know, and I will delete it. Once again sorry for even posting this.
    Lvl 71 Chooman Necro

Almost as drunk as Andaas Tenelen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Loniel I have a intel E6700 dual core processor you are welcome to. PM me if your are interested.

Blog Entries
    I have a fair amount of older/used computer parts because of my side PC-repair business. They tend to run older though (Pentium 4 and early AMD Athlon stuff). Nothing really good enough for SWToR. Tenelen's E6700 processor would be a good start if you can find a motherboard/RAM for it. I might be able to get a Radeon 8800GT video card if you needed it. That's about the best item I have to offer.

I have all kinds of older hard drives, 80GB range. CD/DVD drives, cables, cases, etc if you need any bits and bobs to get it going send me a PM.

Hoss / EQ
    PM's sent. hopefully luck will favor me and I will have something playable for SWToR on release/headstart. If anyone finds more info on the minimum playable, like i do mean minimum if it can just play it ill grin and bear it and be happy I can even play.
    Lvl 71 Chooman Necro