Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Skyrim

Hoss Officer / WoW

So can I join the mages college and the dark brotherhood? i already joined the college..but ive been told the dark brotherhood has funniest/coolest quests...I dont think I have enough spare time this year to play through this big bastard twice ;P
    Sleep little one, sleep
    take comfort in the nights embrace
    Cause the morning sun is going to open your eyes
    and you'll see that you live in a fucked up place

I think you can join everything - I'm a Companion, Thief, Dark Brotherhood, and part of the college

This changes EVERYTHING!
    Sleep little one, sleep

How do I get approached to join the thiefs guild? I know I gotta assasinate the guy at the Orphanarium as part of the precurser to the Dark brotherhood (TY Game Informer Review) But i would assume the thieves guild is a secretive group as well..
    Sleep little one, sleep

Blog Entries
    If you head to where the thieves guild is located (Riften), there's an encounter there that starts you on the path into the Thieves Guild.

Ab alio spectes alteri quod feceris

Blog Entries
    * Totally intended to be a factual statement...maybe.

Blog Entries
    * Totally intended to be a factual statement...maybe.

I'm playing through on the 360 as a Mage. I'm focused mainly in Destruction / Conjuration with some dabbling in Alteration and Enchanting. I've realized that getting enchanting up and taking those perks that increase your enchanting bonuses makes things like infinite mana possible - so I'm attempting to do that.

So far I've been focusing on joining the College of Winterhold (Mages), and doing the quests for the Eye and Staff of Magnus. I love the attention to detail they put in the game. Clean out a fort and the Stormcloaks move in, it doesn't just sit empty. Screw an NPC over? Get a warrant on your head for some payback.

I will say that being a Mage, the UI is very cumbersome for switching between all the different necessary spells. Buff, Shields, Nukes, situational...damn near everything is "favorited" so that list gets pretty big. With only two "quick" favorites it makes the whole thing kinda tedious. I can definitely see the appeal of playing as a Melee and just having a couple weapons to swing around, at least I think it would halt the gameplay a whole lot less.

I'm already planning on playing through a couple of times. Once as this Mage (Destruction/Conjuration/Enchanting), once as a true Thief/Assassin (Sneaking/Lockpicking/Pickpocketing), and one more as a straight up Warrior (1H/2H/Smithing). That's probably unrealistic but then again it's a lot of fun so who knows.

Oh yeah, buying a house is a MUST. It's basically a bank and lets you drop all that crafting/smithing/enchanting/alchemy stuff that bogs you down. Then you can carry more which earns your more money. I'm up to almost 10K, it's finally starting to feel like I can afford stuff.

Hoss/WoW
    47/50 achievements on Steam! Did what I usually do for Bethesda games, snuck around shooting arrows in faces. Plan on getting the last 3 eventually, but the daedra artifacts are a real hassle, and level 50 even moreso, forgot what the 3rd one was.

Hoss/WoW
    Yep. Oblivion was weird about that though. There was a thieves guild quest that could screw you over for joining the mages, so I did the mage stuff first, then as the mage guild leader, robbed myself (they didn't think that quest line through very well in Oblivion).

I'm at 46/50 and bugs prevent me from getting three of the four. The one chick you talk to at the Imperial camp never showed up (but the quest Icon was there pointing to nothing/the ground) meaning I couldn't progress any further.

I am missing the fourth (daedra artifacts) because I let the dude live on "Waking Nightmares" (I think that's the name of the quest) and missed out on the Skull.