Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Skyrim

Skyrim

Kind of surprised we don't have a Skyrim thread yet. I've been enjoying it a lot so far. Focusing primarily on the Thieves Guild quest lines at the moment. Anybody know how to see how long you've played the game?

Raptr.com tracks it from the point you register with them onward. I'm up to 99 hours, apparently. WTF? Lots of idle time though because I'm too lazy to turn it off while I'm doing other stuff. Level 42 now and I still can't see the end coming soon. ;p

I'm only lvl 7. And decided to go into Shimmermist Grotto. Bad, bad mistake. Stupid Gloomlurker!!

Blog Entries
    I have had a lot of friends rave about this game. I should probably pick this one up!

http://www.elderscrolls.com/skyrim/

So it's basically a single player fantasy? How do the levels work?

Experience is based off skill improvements.

I am really really enjoying it. It's surprisingly relaxing for a video game believe it or not. It's funny, I played Uncharted 3 and then immediately went into Skyrim, and it was a bit of a shock. Skyrim doesn't have anywhere near the level of polish. But it's a huuuuuuuuuge game and extremely flexible, which makes up for it.

SPOILER WARNING
    I just killed Mercer and am about to become the new leader of the Thieves Guild supposedly. Drowned a couple of times trying to escape that encounter's room, heh. Kind of awesome that when you die, you're fucked. Hope you saved recently.

I'm an archer, of course, and as I followed Karliah around, I really wanted her bow. I was stoked when she gave it to me at the end of the boss fight. I'm a bit too predictable, lol.

Oh yeah, I'm level 13 lol. But I must have at least 20 hours in it. Playing PS3 version, so can't track my time I guess.

Blog Entries
    Wow, I'm surprised PS3 doesn't have any playtime tracking mechanism, even Wii tells you how much time you've spent playing various games.
    Firanja - Medicor Mortuus
    Andaas Taranis - Druidicus Corpsus
    Andae - Clericus Inanimis

Only* Wii, and thank you parents :P Most games of this length include their own time tracking. (FF)

Hoss Officer / WoW
    Allara have you checked the save data on your PS3 save file it might get tracked there in the info.

Ah, when you go to load a game in Skyrim, it tells you how long you've played. I'm at 33 hours, level 14.

Blog Entries
    Heh, I'm lv. 40 and totally power leveling the crap out of this game. The game becomes a bit broken when you can make your own crap. Finally maxed out Enchanting/Smithing along with working on maxing out sneak and archery.

I'm currently king of the dark brotherhood and the companions. Unfortunately, it's not quite as awesome as Oblivion was where I just collected money every so often as the head. For some reason, despite being the head of the guilds, they still send me out on shit duty.

Yeah, becoming head of the Thieves Guild was sort of...lackluster. Becoming a Nightingale in favor with Nocturnal granted me a stupid spell, so kind of worthless. Equiping and using spells and weapons is pretty cumbersome on a console, so I end up just using a bow and Healing as my two Favorites.

Archery and Sneak will definitely be my first two maxed at this rate. I'm inducted into the Dark Brotherhood but haven't had time to dig into their quests yet, doing the main storyline now for a bit. I must be really slow because I'm only 15 with 37 hours or so into it.

I also haven't touched crafting yet; alchemy was way too random for my taste and I haven't figured out the art of improving my bow yet. I never played any previous Elder Scrolls games longer than a few hours, so I'm learning all this as I go.

Also, enchanting seems needlessly complicated and too based on consumables, but I haven't actually tried it yet. Maybe I'm too quick to judge?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Allara View Post
    Equiping and using spells and weapons is pretty cumbersome on a console, so I end up just using a bow and Healing as my two Favorites.
    Sadly, equipping spells/items/weapons on the PC is just as (if not more) cumbersome. Yay for console UI on a PC game.
    Firanja - Medicor Mortuus
    Andaas Taranis - Druidicus Corpsus
    Andae - Clericus Inanimis

Quote Originally Posted by Andaas View Post
    Sadly, equipping spells/items/weapons on the PC is just as (if not more) cumbersome. Yay for console UI on a PC game.
    I for one do like the UI from a console perspective. I hear it SUCKS for PC players. I need to get out of my home office as much as possible, though.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Allara View Post
    I for one do like the UI from a console perspective. I hear it SUCKS for PC players. I need to get out of my home office as much as possible, though.
    I heard that! The home office feels too much like work even when gaming.

I just heard from yet another friend about how awesome this game is, so I will probably be picking this one up today My friend that I spoke with said sneak and archery skills were the bomb, so I'll probably go that route on my first playthrough.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, sneaking and archery is pretty nice, but once you get certain "talents" sneak and backstab becomes wayyy better. You can pretty much 1-shot everything in the game. It's all about the multipliers. Dagger backstab gets up to a 30x multiplier, archery only gets a 3x.

Although sneaking up close enough to backstab is much more difficult.

Blog Entries
    It's not so bad with the invisibility power from the Nightingale and high sneak. I'm at 100 sneak and unless I'm trying to sneak around in daylight, I can pretty much walk up to people and knife them down from their front.