Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Holy Shit, home again! For ... a day? 2 days?

Holy Shit, home again! For ... a day? 2 days?

Holy fuck. Home again. Fucking ridiculous - I'm not even gonna say that this time it's for good, I have no clue, I'm only home tonight because the family agreed to let me go home for my fucking birthday. I've been trying to work on a project for Widespread for the last month, and I can't seem to stay nailed to the house long enough to read my email.

I was thinking about writing a gigantic rant about my family situation and their bizarre habits, but I just can't get enthused about it. Stupid shit, annoying shit, scary shit and mind numbing shit has been happening for the last month. I have exploded on my family a few times, and these explosions have netted me a worthless 10-year-old laptop and a brand new Motorola Droid X2 with a data plan. Only a 200MB data plan, but it's my birthday present, and my brother-in-law had to take some heat from the women in the family to get it for me.

I am home alone. Me and the dog. I will find out tomorrow if I get to stay here for a few days.

-- Peotr

P.S. And the one day I was home I decided to rip apart my POS computer so I could free up the case for my new build. So I didn't even have that computer to play with until about an hour ago.

P.P.S. I was up in Moscow, and I picked up the motherboard for the build I was posting about in another thread. I had some credit left over, so I picked up a used copy of Civilization V. It's Civilization, right? Don't need a big sweaty computer for Civilization, amirite?

Civilization V does NOT fucking run on a single-core XP laptop that has 512MB of RAM and 2001-era Intel graphics.

Happy birthday P!

Hoss/WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Peotr View Post
    Civilization V does NOT fucking run on a single-core XP laptop that has 512MB of RAM and 2001-era Intel graphics.
    Civ4 won't even run on that I bet
    Happy birthday!

Blog Entries
    Happy Birthday Peotr! Enjoy your short-lived freedom. Hopefully you will have more of it soon!

Happy Birthday!!!
    Holysin

Happy Birthday!!

Hoss Officer / WoW
    Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday! I dont think I could handle what you have to go through, I would explooode!
    Widespread Panic

Happy B-day Peotr. Keep your head up!

Unless something is signed somewhere that gives them the right to make you do all this shit. I have no idea why on Earth they are able to do it to you.
    Ab alio spectes alteri quod feceris

Hoss / EQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonskils View Post
    Unless something is signed somewhere that gives them the right to make you do all this shit. I have no idea why on Earth they are able to do it to you.
    You would be surprised how living situations especially shitty ones give family power trips. As if they know there is a number of things they can do just because they have the opportunity, so why not. Shit sometimes I think being in a family members house as a raid zone, the shitty living situation buffs for them. Then me/person living with family as being the raid target, and the beatdown commences. Joking aside (only slightly mind you) family tend to have the uncanny ability to either zero in on you when you have no energy or are powerless to combat what they want. I am sure all do it to a family member once in awhile. Not saying anyone has a situation even near identical to another, but Peotr i definately get where quite a bit of your posts come from and can relate. Well I mean I can relate with quite a bit, but I draw the line with letting a bag of dog shit smack me in the face while I take a picture.
    Last edited by Loniel Bonewalker; 12-03-2011 at 03:51 PM.
    Lvl 71 Chooman Necro

Happy Birthday PeOootr!

He doesn't leave because it's his family lons. Right or wrong family is family. Besides each of us knows Peotr would do anything for anyone.

We need to figure out how to cycle Peotr through our homes as a guest, so he can unplug and be himself with no cares in the world.

Not true Aind, I havent talked to my mother or older brother in 2 years now, cause they are just fucking horrible people. When you got shit like that in your life you gotta cut it out like a fucking cancer.
    Sleep little one, sleep
    take comfort in the nights embrace
    Cause the morning sun is going to open your eyes
    and you'll see that you live in a fucked up place

Hoss / EQ
    Quote Originally Posted by NormetheGnome View Post
    Not true Aind, I havent talked to my mother or older brother in 2 years now, cause they are just fucking horrible people. When you got shit like that in your life you gotta cut it out like a fucking cancer.
    Problem with that is more then not when you attempt to cut it out, it spreads and gets far far worse.
    Lvl 71 Chooman Necro

Then you didnt cut enough out. Mutal friends, Neighbors, co-workers..the whole thing. Then they can be left to fester in their own circle.
    Sleep little one, sleep
    take comfort in the nights embrace
    Cause the morning sun is going to open your eyes
    and you'll see that you live in a fucked up place

Yikes Norme, sounds rough.

I'm with Norme.
    Ab alio spectes alteri quod feceris

People deal with it in different ways. Some people cut it off completely, some embed themselves in an attempt to make things better. It just depends on your personality and how you deal with problems.