Thread: What did you do this weekend?

What did you do this weekend?

This is what I had to get done this weekend (Thursday actually)...and today I was able to take off the surgical wraps..

2nd time I got this knee scoped and hopefully the last too doctor said he took out 1/2 of my meniscus, so no more long distance running....period).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Knee 2-12-2012.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	54.3 KB 
ID:	7096  

We have the technology. We can rebuild him. Make him better.
    Ab alio spectes alteri quod feceris

Blog Entries
    Sucks getting older, hang in there Wresh!

Quote Originally Posted by Lonskils View Post
    We have the technology. We can rebuild him. Make him better.
    Can I change my name to Steve Austin too?!

Almost as drunk as Andaas Tenelen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wresh View Post
    This is what I had to get done this weekend (Thursday actually)...and today I was able to take off the surgical wraps..

2nd time I got this knee scoped and hopefully the last too doctor said he took out 1/2 of my meniscus, so no more long distance running....period).
    I have to go see an orthopedic surgeon this week about my knee so I feel your pain man.

I think your career should be spending less time on your knees.

You can only hook for so long sir...

On a more serious note, I hope you heal quickly. That doesn't seem like much fun.

The better question is, why would you run long distance? You know they make these things called Cars. They're great. You can get places and not be tired when you get there.

P.S. Hope you recover quickly!

Quote Originally Posted by Maegwin View Post
    The better question is, why would you run long distance? You know they make these things called Cars. They're great. You can get places and not be tired when you get there.

P.S. Hope you recover quickly!
    LOL...

Ya, I am one of those morons that loves to run just to run.
    Thanks for all the well wishes all!!

Well with his personality I think the perspective is really he's being chased!

Quote Originally Posted by Aindayen View Post
    Well with his personality I think the perspective is really he's being chased!

Hey!! Only my toons are black! O.o

gives u more time to level your spaceslug guy !
    Elkwood Level 70 Druid

Hey Tenelen.....

Here is how the tear in my meniscus (2nd time) looked...was much worse than the 1st.

Good luck on your surgery!! Feels good to start moving again w/o pain when it is done.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Knee.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	8.2 KB 
ID:	7100  

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wresh View Post
    Hey Tenelen.....

Here is how the tear in my meniscus (2nd time) looked...was much worse than the 1st.

Good luck on your surgery!! Feels good to start moving again w/o pain when it is done.
    So I had my appt on Monday afternoon. He they took xrays and the Doc saw me for about 5 mins threw some anti-inflammatory at me and said come back in two weeks if I am still in pain. The drugs they do nothing!!! Still in a ton of pain and I want to kick his Lazy ass for not wanting an MRI so he can look at the tendons. He did see that the meniscus was considerably lower on one side of the joint, but didn't seem to give much of a shit about it.

Hoss Officer / WoW
    Sounds like it's time to find a different knee doctor.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Valdis View Post
    Sounds like it's time to find a different knee doctor.
    yeah I am looking at new ones right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenelen View Post
    yeah I am looking at new ones right now.
    It's not easy to find a good Ortho...

I know for this one, I looked for a doctor that was either currently working with a professional team or had worked with one for a few years. I got lucky that this doctor had worked with the St. Louis Blues and Rams.

Keep looking, you'll find a good one!!

Much like good head, good Ortho is hard to find /nod
    Ab alio spectes alteri quod feceris

Hoss / EQ
    So I had my appt on Monday afternoon. He they took xrays and the Doc saw me for about 5 mins threw some anti-inflammatory at me and said come back in two weeks if I am still in pain. The drugs they do nothing!!! Still in a ton of pain and I want to kick his Lazy ass for not wanting an MRI so he can look at the tendons. He did see that the meniscus was considerably lower on one side of the joint, but didn't seem to give much of a shit about it.
    Course the drugs do nothing. Next time ask him his exact rates, so that you know how expensive motrin can get.
    Lvl 71 Chooman Necro

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Loniel Bonewalker View Post
    Course the drugs do nothing. Next time ask him his exact rates, so that you know how expensive motrin can get.
    Well we did a Cortisone injection on Monday and that was awesome for about 5hrs until the pain killer in the injection wore off. So its time to finally schedule an MRI ($440) thank god, and discuss surgery.

Well we did a Cortisone injection on Monday and that was awesome for about 5hrs until the pain killer in the injection wore off. So its time to finally schedule an MRI ($440) thank god, and discuss surgery.

Ya, you need to get that shit fixed man. Well worth the $$ to be able to walk w/o pain!!

Doctor already told me that if I tear mine again, I will be getting a full replacement done. So.....no more long distance running and already looking into a road bike for exercise.

Good luck on the MRI!!