Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Guild Wars 2

Blog Entries
    Trem, I believe you can change servers in game fairly easy also. There is some cool down if you do it around the WvWvW battles (i think to prevent folks from jumping over to the winning server). But it sounds like they are going to make it easy to move around and play with your friends. That and the thing that allows you to play with your friends regardless of level (and still gain some xp and rewards for you actual level) is pretty cool.

Pics or it's not true sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Widespreadd Panic View Post
    Ive already purchased it.
    Rhedd
    Always a dwarf.

I have no self control. I just pre ordered.

Blog Entries
    pre-purchased copies get to play tonight at midnight. We should try to congregate on one server. I'll be on tonight at midnight for a little bit, although my super-stay-up-late powers are not what they used to be

I know this isn't a full poll of everyone that wants to play the game but it sure is interesting on the server section http://www.asuralabs.com/serverPoll.php
    Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant. Purge the unclean.

I thought I saw some where that the servers will be up 3 hours earlier. I dunno if I like the name of the server term said p
    Widespread Panic

Ive done some checking around for server info is seems that groups of people are selecting servers and the Sanctum of Rall is a no go for me after the findings.
    Here is a list i found

US:

• Anvil Rock: 4chan (?), Team Paradigm NA

• Borliss Pass: OMFGCata/Shaboozey (youtuber), Dontain
    • Crystal Desert: LGBT unofficial server, Brazil unofficial server (?), Reddit WvW, Veteran Reddit, MMOHut, ZAM, MMO-Champion
    • Darkhaven: Gamebreaker/Guildcast, a pretty big Brazilian community, Massively
    • Dragonbrand: Legendary White Bunny (Reddit)
    • Ehmry Bay: Woodenpotatoes, MadCast
    • Fort Aspenwood: Penny Arcade

• Gate of Madness: Reddit (?)
    • Isle of Janthir: Reddit, unofficial Philippine server
    • Jade Quarry: MMORPG.com, Ruinous
    • Maguuma: Something Awful (Starfleet Dental and Goon Squad), Aureus Knights
    • Northern Shiverpeaks: Team Legacy
    • Sea of Sorrows: 4chan (/vg/ community), unofficial oceanic server, cybergamer.com.au
    • Sorrow's Furnace: GuildMag, Bodybuilding.com, vVv Gaming, Alianza Latina Alliance (loads of Spanish speakers)
    • Sanctum of Rall: unofficial Christian server, Reddit North, Reddit Refugees, Gaiscioch, Polyknights (polygon.com)

• Stormbluff Isle: NeoGAF
    • Tarnished Coast: Unofficial RP server
    • Yak's Bend: GW2Guru, GW2Hub, Yogscast, Mormon Battalian, TheOlderGamers, GameTrailers, GetBonk'd, Kinda Ferocious

I'm now thinking Fort Aspenwood , Its kinda rough picking a server i dont want to be on one with a lot of people but not an empty one either, also some of those " guilds " / web board communities are really lame. I dont really care about penny arcade but its better than some other others options. But then i dont really care all that much, im not sure how many of us are going to be playing anyways.

Lol unofficial Christian server
    Widespread Panic

Aspenwood is good with me, as long as I get to sex the rhedd.
    Widespread Panic

Quote Originally Posted by Widespreadd Panic View Post
    Lol unofficial Christian server
    yeah i saw that was was like nope! Nothing wrong with christians per say but you get enough of them together and its trouble not to mention how annyouning it would get with the general chat with the flame wars on religion and anti-religion zealots yelling at one another. the chat was bad enought with the democrate vs republican banter add in religion and its game over man.

I'll be playing on some yet undetermined server (waiting on word from some friends). Those interested in playing with the Parak when the floodgates open can find me on steam and stuff. Otherwise any splitups will hopefully not be that big of a deal as server transfers will be in effect at some eventual point at least.

servers are live, some jerk took my name WTH!

I got Ducati on Aspenwood. Let me know if you're in, or if you land elsewhere.

I think I'm on Aspenwood, made a Stoshetta and a Stosh. Never played before, so I'm starting at square one.

I'm going by Tremed

Blog Entries
    I'm on the Fort Aspenwood server also, Zeylee my Engineer and Zeyla Fandir my Elementalist. You can have spaces in your name BTW, found that out after I created my first char. Just poked around a bit tonight, i'll be on tomorrow some more. Prob on my Engineer first.

I'll pop up there eventually when I have some free time. Still haven't even gotten to DL the client yet, but I might do that tonight after I get home from work. 99% sure I'm sticking with a necromancer.

Henge of Denravi here, FWIW.

I made some characters on ashen wood. Im as clueless as I was in beta on which class I want to play, so multiple names at the moment.
    Widespread Panic

I'm on Stormbluff Isle - Asura Necromancer named Zulnar. Myself and a couple of co-workers are there. From what I understand though, it doesn't really matter what server you're on, if you have your friend on your friend list you can "guest" over to their server to play with them for free.