Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Guild Wars 2

< Wilted Blossom. Sylvari Necro. Haven't gotten much time to play yet though.

Hoss/WoW
    Well, I'm on Borliss Pass with some friends, and noticed some Heroes of the Seven Suns [HOSS] guild tags floating about.

Blog Entries
    Hmm, didn't know we had a guild going, not sure who those peeps are. I know you can party with people on diff servers, I wonder if you can have a guild across multiple servers?

Blog Entries
    It's probably some of the old-school Hoss (see other thread started by Parak).
    Firanja - Medicor Mortuus
    Andaas Taranis - Druidicus Corpsus
    Andae - Clericus Inanimis

Hoss/WoW
    It was some guy from Vindication or something, who said he got the first robe from Plane of Mischief, and that he made the guild because Vindication was taken, lol. He was definitely from the EQ era.

Lol Vindication

I've started the same on Henge around launch - odd, didn't know it's possible to have identical guild names!

A Hero of the Seven Suns Torrid's Avatar
    Torven.1920 on Henge of Denravi

I just bought and started the game on the aspenwood server. Who would be a good point of contact there for playing during evening hours?

Blog Entries
    Parak is prob who you want to talk to Omni to get in the Hoss guild. Guilds can in fact be across servers and you can party with people from different servers as well (without actually needing to do a server character transfer or anything). Myself, Kathris, Rhedd and maybe one or two others are on the Aspenwood server. But with the cross-server capability it doesn't really make that much difference.

Alright, will do. I just downloaded the game and havent actually created a character yet. Just been reading up on stuff. Any suggestions on the professions or does the guild have a lack of before i get started?

Blog Entries
    I wouldn't worry too much about professions at first, just try to gather as much stuff as you can when you first start (there is a separate bank for storing craft mats). You pick up decent gear along the way and purchasing gear off the AH isn't too expensive. I actually end up spending more leveling my crafting than I have on gear so far.

There are already a few nice guides out there, I'd suggest reading up on the professions a little before you pick one. I wasted some mats not knowing what I was doing when I first started crafting.

I'm probably going to take a few of my choices into pvp lobby to try out their skills and decide which one I plan to commit with before I hit y'all up for a guild invite.

Zeyla, sounds like Omni is talking about the GW2 definition of professions aka classes, and not tradeskills. And Omni, no reason to not get a guild invite now, guild invites (assuming you are in one guild) are account-wide, and when you make a new character you just need to represent the guild in the guild tab and you're good to go.

Hoss / EQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Ktul View Post
    Lol Vindication
    ryde or die! Cuz I amz Gangstah!
    Lvl 71 Chooman Necro

I've been playing around and decided to just stick with the plate wearing classes like always. So I got a warrior named Jon Jay on Aspenwood if someone wants to hit me up.

so guilds are cross server, chat and everything, thats freaking cool.
    Last edited by Trem; 09-11-2012 at 05:22 PM.
    Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant. Purge the unclean.

For real? If so, someone in Hoss toss me an invite!

Kikiyo.3478

Playing Guardian named Belldandy Aurora

Feel free to friend me. On Yak's Bend.

Which server you are on does matter, if you want to do WvW with friends

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trem View Post
    so guilds are cross server, chat and everything, thats freaking cool.
    Yep, pretty cool, and you can switch between your active guild from the guild UI. The only downside is that the guild "perks" or whatever they are called in-game are server specific. I thought I saw somewhere that cross-server grouping would be possible at some time also, which would be really cool.