Thread: Mechwarrior Tactics

Hoss Officer / WoW

Mechwarrior Tactics

I believe the beta is up and running now. Has anyone gotten in or has some spare keys? I want to like this game but a little gun shy since the dev hasn't really released any solid info.

mwtactics.com

Blog Entries
    Oh I hadn't heard anything about this game, looks bad ass!!!! I love me some TBS (Turn Based Strategy)!! Mechwarrior Online is pretty fun, I still play it on occasion, it is a bit simplistic, I wish they had more complex game modes. Mechwarrior Tactics looks sweet, I'm signing up for the beta now!

Hoss Officer / WoW
    Yea MWO is pretty fun I'd like to get into the Tactics beta but I have a hard time buying a Founders package for a F2P.

Hey Zey! didn't know you played MWO.. I've been playing when I can.. we should try to coordinate a drop sometime..

I play every now and then. It isn't what I would have done with the game at all, but it's a decent Mechwarrior Arena type game. I wanted to build something with a lot more MMO elements to it.
    Elidroth, Overlord Skirt

Booyakasha!

Hoss Officer / WoW
    Well some of the dev news has me hopeful that they will build it out and expand it to be more worthy as time goes on.

Blog Entries
    You can now get instant Beta access through their "Founders" program (kind of like what they did with MechWarrior Online). I am hoping that it means it is close to release. I am very much looking forward to this one. Turn based strategy with Mechs? Yes please!

Hoss Officer / WoW
    The founders program has been going on for the last 4 months at least. But I'm not overly keen on a paid beta, did you do it Z?

Think of it as a kick start program Valdis!
    Ab alio spectes alteri quod feceris

Hoss Officer / WoW
    Hmmm.... Only two Kickstarters I was ever tempted by.
    Project Eternity and Torment: Tides of Numenera
    And I didn't donate to either cause they got funded so damn fast I didn't worry over them.

Blog Entries
    Nah, I didn't do the Founders program for MW Tactics, I'll just wait for it to come out.

I have donated to a few Kickstarters over the last year, Banner Saga, the new Double-Fine adventure game and Shadowrun Returns (which actually launches next week!)

Blog Entries
    I got in to the Beta for this and it is OK. It is purely a browser-based affair but the foundations for a good turn-based strategy game are there. One to keep an eye on at least.

Hoss Officer / WoW
    Yea I got into the beta a few weeks ago. I'm not keen on how they rearranged the turn system though.
    MW is supposed to be Initiative->Move->Ranged Attacks->Melee
    MW Tactics is Pick your attacks > Move then realize half your attacks are now pointless because of movement. But it has a lot of potential.