Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: EverQuest Next

A Hero of the Seven Suns Torrid's Avatar
    Take Luclin out of the picture and suddenly EQ's key bullshit doesn't look nearly as bad.

GoD wasn't much better.
    Ab alio spectes alteri quod feceris

The SoL key bullshit was anoying but if you had drive it was just another day at the office , GoD was just meh through and through
    CB Retired Eq Speedbump
    CLUCK

I got the fuck out of there a few months into GoD. EQ went way downhill after PoP brought it back up after Luclin's decline. I don't know what they were thinking. It's like they realized the mistakes made in Luclin for PoP then repeated them all. Stupid lore. Ugly zones. Mobs with goofy unmemorable names. "oops this content was tuned for level 70s, our bad!"

And now 10 years later I play on a server content locked to PoP and would rather play GoD than WoW's terrible game. Alanis has a word for this.

When does WoW roll out the logarithmic stats? hah.

PoP is still the most enjoyable gaming experience of my life, Content was challenging and entertaining. The group of raiders made the daily grind seem much less then it was. I still miss that to this day
    CB Retired Eq Speedbump
    CLUCK

Pop was challenging, but not so much as you even really felt the grind.

Except POE... oh and Water sucked too!
    Ab alio spectes alteri quod feceris

I guess I'm a little disappointed that my posts here are now suddenly appearing all over Rerolled.org, but I probably should have expected it. FWIW - I'm quite happy here at SOE.
    Elidroth, Overlord Skirt

Booyakasha!

Blog Entries
    I know a few people from here are registered on Rerolled, but I don't believe any are active posters at Rerolled. Keep in mind that this is posted in a public viewable area - so anyone can read this thread even without logging in. Google can read this thread just as easily as you and I.
    Firanja - Medicor Mortuus
    Andaas Taranis - Druidicus Corpsus
    Andae - Clericus Inanimis

Blog Entries
    Lol, just read those posts @Rerolled, funny stuff.

Still, this is a public forum, a quick Google search of "Elidroth Everquest Next" places your Hoss forum profile as the 6th search result. Upon clicking on it, your 3 last posts in the EQNext thread are shown, which can be clicked on to review the entire thread or all of your posts within.

Can't hide from the spiders!
    Widespread Panic

Here's a question, Defook is rerolled. Google inc
    CB Retired Eq Speedbump
    CLUCK

Blog Entries
    http://www.rerolled.org is what took over after the fohguild.org forums fell apart about 18 months ago. The majority of the community followed to the new forums and the fohguild forums were taken offline by mods who basically had stopped caring and/or no longer had time to maintain the system (there were a few 4-6 week periods where the site had been flagged as a malware provider on Google, etc.).

Pft I warned you last year that this was a public forum since you seemed a little... open.

Tommy Chong's new sidekick
    I got the trailblazer promo. All I can say is I'm so good at mining that I can just go under bosses. Other than that, for the life of me I cant find my claim and cant figure out how to destroy it/reclaim. Runs pretty slow on my new laptop. i7 2.4ghz, 16gb ram, gtx 770m.

It's super early Minecraft for now, but I guess this could get interesting.
    Last edited by Aerothas; 02-08-2014 at 06:20 PM.

I thought this blog post from Smedley was pretty interesting.
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    - Dr. Seuss

I would say Smed is correct in that assessment, and I am a big proponent of 'sandbox' design, but for a slightly different reason-- more player freedom makes for a more complex and interesting game. It's not so much about the amount of content as it is the quality. THOUSANDS of players in an HOURS long epic battle with game-world repercussions that could last YEARS is a shit load more awesome than playing DDR in Blizzard's spoiled-before-launch scripted events that nobody gives a fuck about if you win.

In fact, EVE doesn't push it as far as I would like to see it go. I would like to see a game where every structure and every ship is destroyable; every faction or organization is defeatable; players do the policing instead of concord; resources are finite and don't respawn; etc.

However I would make an argument that classic EQ's content was not consumed instantly and did not require a great many development hours to create. Velious in particular was an era where content was not consumed instantly and lasted the entire expac without cockblocks like key farming (ST keys aside, which weren't really that bad) and impossible encounters like the Rathe Council, AND it had no level cap increase or AAs. The progression in that expac was very staggered and raid mobs were tuned quite well.