Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: EverQuest Next

A Hero of the Seven Suns Torrid's Avatar
    Elid, if that gets green lit, get me and a couple FoH buddies of mine in F&F alpha as soon as you can, because I'm telling you there is nothing we do better than play classic EQ. Check out my youtube channel (Torrid01) for some of my no-lifery. I'm capturing material for my best video yet right now.

I've had more birthdays than Strom Thurman! Zappo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Torrid View Post
    Elid, if that gets green lit, get me and a couple FoH buddies of mine in F&F alpha as soon as you can, because I'm telling you there is nothing we do better than play classic EQ. Check out my youtube channel (Torrid01) for some of my no-lifery. I'm capturing material for my best video yet right now.
    if it gets turned down and EQN becomes hello kitty online 2, get me into the alpha so i can clean online dishes as my girlfriend complains about me not doing real dishes.

Wuuu online dish washing sounds fun!
    Widespread Panic

Quote Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
    if it gets turned down and EQN becomes hello kitty online 2, get me into the alpha so i can clean online dishes as my girlfriend complains about me not doing real dishes.
    LOL

What is the timing of EQN?

Good question, any idea how far along they are in development Eli?

I hope for a death penalty, i liked the one in EQ1.

I hope the dungeons are not instanced =/
    Widespread Panic

Back to playing EQ2 with my son who is now 7 years old so starting him off early . I can't wait for EQ Next just let me know what server Hoss will be playing on. Recently promoted to Director for Emergency Medicine so I have allot of office time which equates to more playing time lol.

more lumpia!
    CB Retired Eq Speedbump
    CLUCK

Almost as drunk as Andaas Tenelen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by renshin View Post
    Back to playing EQ2 with my son who is now 7 years old so starting him off early . I can't wait for EQ Next just let me know what server Hoss will be playing on. Recently promoted to Director for Emergency Medicine so I have allot of office time which equates to more playing time lol.
    No server list is up atm so we don't know yet Renshin. As soon as people are on beta or pre-release I am sure there will be more on what server and what not.

Lumpia Hubad!

Looks like stupid fucks want both instanced and non instanced which as WoW figured out, is just lame.
    Ab alio spectes alteri quod feceris

Blog Entries
    WoW's "mix" was never balanced; the majority of the content was uncontested with very few "contested" bosses.

What I would really like to see is some way of creating contested content that encourages competition but still allows some possibility access for those who may not be top tier. For example, top guild on server kills WorldBoss-X (large scale encounter, let's say 40-50 people required), and the boss drops 5-6 items. The top guild would then continue farming this boss as per usual in the EQ days on it's respawn schedule (whatever that may be, 5 days, 7 days, etc.). However, after maybe 3 days, a guardian spawns in place of the boss - this guardian would be *much* weaker, but have similar mechanics to WorldBoss-X. The top guild can walk in and kill it if they want for no reward (and maybe put a 24 hour respawn in this case); or they can leave it for other guilds who can kill it - experience the boss fight concepts - and be rewarded with 1-2 pieces lesser quality (but still better than dungeon) loot.

If the top guild isn't paying attention for a future boss spawn, some other guild may waltz in and take the main boss on the main respawn. This type of system allows multiple guilds to experience encounters, but maintains a level of competition between guilds and will drive a handful of guilds to lead the server.
    Firanja - Medicor Mortuus
    Andaas Taranis - Druidicus Corpsus
    Andae - Clericus Inanimis

Now there is a well thought out idea
    CB Retired Eq Speedbump
    CLUCK

I wish the dungeons were non instanced and contested too.
    Widespread Panic

That was half the fun of eq I agree Wsp
    CB Retired Eq Speedbump
    CLUCK

Dungeons camps were a lot of fun , hanging out doing stupid crap, mass killing, crazy accidents, lots of fun
    Widespread Panic

Actually just crawling down to join a group through all the mobs was entertaining too. Or rushing for the zone in from the bottom of a dungeon bringing the train behind you was a rush too!
    Widespread Panic

Blog Entries
    I completely forgot about the fact that not every class had a Gate spell - so leaving the dungeon was sometimes as much work as starting them if you didn't have a druid or wizard to take the group(s) out.
    Firanja - Medicor Mortuus
    Andaas Taranis - Druidicus Corpsus
    Andae - Clericus Inanimis

Yes please. Don't homogenize everyone with everything like mmo's have done since eq to greater and greater extent.

I don't want to roll a wizard/mage/et all to be a healer / tank / rog / off tank

Make folks depend on other folks for crying out loud. The answer IS the holy trinity, not giving every class the same mechanics with different names and spell colors and calling it a freaking day.
    Ab alio spectes alteri quod feceris