Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Elder Scrolls Online Beta

If they leave in keyboard movement I will not touch it again. They are crazy in this day and age to even suggest that be the only way.
    Ab alio spectes alteri quod feceris

After all the posts, I am kind of glad I wasn't able to play this past weekend! lol

It was like trying to play a playstation game on a PC Wresh and the graphics weren't all that great to boot. I've been in enough beta's to know when they've hit the wall and moved on from something and the graphics at the start are awful. and do not get better.

Instead of clicking a door, I need to press E. Instead of clicking a NPC I have to press E and God help you if you aren't lined up just right...

Quote Originally Posted by Lonskils View Post
    It was like trying to play a playstation game on a PC Wresh and the graphics weren't all that great to boot. I've been in enough beta's to know when they've hit the wall and moved on from something and the graphics at the start are awful. and do not get better.

Instead of clicking a door, I need to press E. Instead of clicking a NPC I have to press E and God help you if you aren't lined up just right...
    Ugh...If I am going to do all that, I may as go back and play this.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wiz.jpeg 
Views:	171 
Size:	12.0 KB 
ID:	7336

It was just so god awful hard to get moving. It said grab a weapon, well shit it took me 10 minutes to figure out what to do from there. If I right clicked I went into fighting stance, if I left clicked I went into fighting stance. So I go through qwerty and well it moves me off the weapon and "E" has no effect so I had no idea. It's as if they just assume we all played Neverwinter Nights which i haven't.

Blog Entries
    Not sounding too promising at this point without some major interface re-working...

The character customization was the best part.

Like Lons, I floundered around trying to figure out where to get a weapon. I also put myself in combat stance multiple times without meaning to. Combat seemed clunky, with the enemies doing nothing special and me with nothing to do except click for every melee swing (left & right).

Very disappointing considering how much I love the Elder Scrolls games. Am I alone in thinking that they would do much better to make their normal single player RPG games into CO-OP by letting you invite your friends into your game? Maybe cap it at 4 or 5 or something? After all, those are the people I want to play with - not some asshat ruining my immersion. Immersion is what makes the Elder Scrolls games so good.

They need a... actually let me back up here. The entire MMO system needs a new engine. Everyone is still running off the same one that WoW uses, well except these guys, these guys thought it would be cool to use the same engine they've used for single player games in an MMO. Asshats.

Almost as drunk as Andaas Tenelen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I found out why the controls and the combat sucks so much they are doing a pc/console release.

Blog Entries
    My take on ESO: If you still enjoy wow, keep playing wow and don't bother with ESO. If you don't enjoy wow, don't bother with ESO.
    * Totally intended to be a factual statement...maybe.

like Ten said, the controls are for a PC/console, I kinda wish it was PC first then downgrade to console but it doesn't seems to be this way from what I've been seeing and I'm afraid we're going to see more of this in future and i don't like it. Maybe the game play was better but it looks average to me even though i love The Elder Scrolls.

I've not logged back into it since I read they were not changing the UI and control. It is absolute garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Syana View Post
    My take on ESO: If you still enjoy wow, keep playing wow and don't bother with ESO. If you don't enjoy wow, don't bother with ESO.

So basically, you're telling me there's a chance

I decided to give the game another go, since its actually released now. After playing Wildstar, I have gotten used to the W,A,S,D system, so that became a mute point for me. Just so much that you can do that i feel a bit over whelmed. lol But i do like the fact that you can go anywhere and do whatever you feel like doing. Is anyone else playing the game?
    Widespread Panic

Getting the Elder Scrolls online deluxe edition today, who wants to be my friend and get some bonus XP I'ma make a imperial Templar tank

Alex, let me know how it is

Im still fiddling with which class I want to play I have characters in the daggerfall and dominion factions.
    Widespread Panic

Beware ESOL players, Alex is going to try and be a tank again... God help us all!

Quote Originally Posted by Adella View Post
    Beware ESOL players, Alex is going to try and be a tank again... God help us all!
    That means they must have a taunt button.

I'm playing in the Aldmeri Dominon side if anyone wants to get together and play. Álexander The Great DON'T JUDGE ME! :P