Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen (Brad McQuad Kickstarter)

Blog Entries

Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen (Brad McQuad Kickstarter)

Read (or watch) and discuss...

Firanja - Medicor Mortuus
    Andaas Taranis - Druidicus Corpsus
    Andae - Clericus Inanimis

Pledged. Is this the kickstarter Ali G mentioned?
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    - Dr. Seuss

Looks like it as potential to me. Thanks for sharing!

Almost as drunk as Andaas Tenelen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Looks good to me!

Blog Entries
    It does look promising!

Not seen it yet, but my thoughts on Brad are he is brilliant, but he has OCD so bad that his projects wind up going over budget, never get done, and he gets booted before they come to fruition and turn out to be shit. I hope someone is along for the ride this time to keep him focused or this will be more of the same shit.

EDIT: Surely that isn't the graphics engine they plan on using and it's really just seriously under developed. Sounds good, but then... so did Vanguard.
    Last edited by Lonskils; 01-17-2014 at 06:32 AM.
    Ab alio spectes alteri quod feceris

I like a lot of the answers in the two Q&A videos. I definitely didn't mind backing this.
    Widespread Panic

Blog Entries
    I see the primary risk is that there will be a need for additional funding in order to complete the game. With the delivery estimate at Jan 2017 - an $800k kickstarter is really just scratching the surface of the project in terms of funding. Where is the future funding coming from? Will that compromise the design?

Yeah they are looking at like 8 million? From gamers? Seriously?

Donate for free epix! Seriously though, a truly good game would be nice however I'll keep donating my money to stupid crap like bills and taxes till I see more. Would I donate something sure right now not yet
    CB Retired Eq Speedbump
    CLUCK

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    - Dr. Seuss

That first goal will be easy enough. But as this goes on... No

Blog Entries
    Yeah, it will probably make the 800k starting goal if they do enough press and such - and these projects typically have a bump in popularity in the last 3-5 days - I just don't think Kickstarter should be used as a partial funding source (unless the objective is to raise the final amount necessary to complete development). Raising funds for the "first year" of development (or however long this will last them) is not going to work.

A Hero of the Seven Suns Torrid's Avatar
    I wasn't holding my breath for Pantheon, but I very much want to see classic EQ gameplay reincarnated. The rerolled thread turned into a real shit-show when it became clear that the kickstarter most likely would not reach its goal.

The only way we'll get our game is to make it ourselves. Project 1999 gave us the classic remake, but we still need a server with the same gameplay and new content.

I blame Andaas for not wanting to work for nothing on my emu.

Who else plays on project 1999?
    - Dr. Seuss

They started a guild creation on their website. I took the name hoss and will be happy to transfer it over to someone else. It requires an invite if you're not a backer which I'll also be happy to send.
    - Dr. Seuss

Blog Entries
    Have they made any announcements about what the "plan" is when backing fails?

No
    - Dr. Seuss

Said they were setting up a site to copy kickstarter. If it's successful or not.

https://www.facebook.com/pantheonrot...63173903897145
    Widespread Panic

A Hero of the Seven Suns Torrid's Avatar
    This ain't happening. If it does, I probably won't even want to play it with the way Brad is talking now.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	angelinvestor.jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	36.4 KB 
ID:	7363

From tonight's reddit AMA:

It (a dungeon finder) would be something where a player wants to enter a dungeon but doesn't have many friends, or his guild is not on. He or she would be moved to the entrance of the dungeon to meet other people already there. They would then group up and do the dungeon... and hopefully become friends. I don't like teleporting people all over, believe me, but it may be something we need to do to get people grouping together given how large the world is going to be and how much content we'll have.
    There may be a radar to show you mobs that are around you.
    Instancing will be the exception, not the rule, but it is important for us to have to tell a linear story. As for making it easier to plan and schedule raids... not sure if that would be a reason we'd instance, but I'll think on it.