How to survive in Cuba.

Step 1) Protect yourself.
EX. If you see one of the many 4 foot long Iguanas walking toward you fast, get out of the way. I lost a subway sandwich because this Iguana stole it from me.

Step 2) Be Aware of your surroundings.
EX. If you miss the bus, don't freak out there will be another one in 5 minutes, if you would only just turn around and read the schedule. I ran 5 minutes to work so I wouldn't be late.

Step 3) Do not assume things.
EX. In the event that the Store does not have tortillas in the bread Isle, go look in the foreign foods isle. I am in a store in CUBA and the Tortillas are in the foreign foods isle.

Step 4) Don't try to speak their language
EX. If a native asks you in Spanish, where is the hospital and you don't know Spanish, and say "I don't know Spanish." In Spanish, you will be called a racist and written up for discrimination.

Step 5) Don't drink in public.
EX. If you see there is a party in the Quad and there is a bunch of drinking and a sign that says BYOB, and you go and get yourself a pack from the exchange and start to socialize, don't be shocked when the Police show up and question everyone if they are of drinking age.

Step 6) Don't Drink in your room.
EX. If you are in your room and your roommate is 22 and you 2 are sharing a beer, don't let your bottles clink too loudly or the MA outside will here and do a random drug and bomb check in your room.