Thread: New computer time !!

New computer time !!

I decided to rebuild my old system for tink and buy me a new setup.. 2.5k later its done !!!

I picked up a 850 evo 512g,970evga,corsair 105 cooler for my old system. Which is a 8320 amd with 32gigs of ram. I been
    having this strange issue with the system for years where i get no video output on start up. After replacing the mb/ps
    i finally came to the conclusion it was the video card. Which was a 7970. The card was wc and had lived
    a hard life as a bitminer in its early months. Still though only 3 years out of it left me really ticked off.

After i got that sorted out and stuck together for tink i started gathering my pieces.

I was really torn on how i wanted to go with this build. Did i want to go with the 6core stuff that intel has or
    strike out with the new skylake setup. In the end i went with the skylake setup. Mostly over MB selection.

System consists of

Gigabyte z170x Gaming 7
    32gigs of memory
    950 nvme ssd 512g -- sucker fast !!
    980 gtx evga hydro card which i brought used
    Phanteks Enthoo primo case to stuff it all in -- HUGE case
    Dell s2716d 27" 1440p -- So impressed with this monitor

I wanted to purchase all new wc parts but i was running low on funds so just
    moved my old wc parts over.
    The WC parts with new tubing went on so smooth. Generally it can take a lot of time to figure everything out
    and then run the tubing burp/bleed it/leak test it

I spent less then 4 hours from start to finish on the tubing then burping the system. To put that into perceptive
    i normally figure 24 hours for all that. The bay/pump setup i have was a nightmare to use the first time i ever
    did a system with it. This time around it was unreal how easy it was.

Its ok cause when i turned the system on for the first time it wouldn't post. Just a cycle of reboots. Code was 55
    and it was 5 beeps when i plugged a speaker in. To make a long story short. Turned out the bios was faulty. Lucky for me
    gigabytes have a secondary one and i was able to flip a switch and the system booted up. We just not talk about all
    the BS i went thru before i remembered about the secondary bios. Also had sound issues. Turned out to be a bad sound
    card + amp lost a channel.

The only issue i not resolved is a very slow boot up from bios to when windows finally starts loading. I have a few
    suspicions on that but i going to let it slid for now. Its super fast load from when windows logo appear till i am on
    desktop Like 5 secs or less. Just sets at a flashing cursor after the bio screen for about 15 secs. Driving me nuts.

Back side of the mess of wires. Really nice wire management options if i wanted to take the time. At some point i might pull it apart and
    really wire it up with idea of having a super clean install.

Topside pick of the Res/pump combo. I love compression fitting !! U can just make out the fill port. I used a long piece
    of tubing and a funnel. Way easier then it was on my silverstone tj09 case.

Lost one of the monitor setup. 27inch/21 inch. Both running 1920x 1080p. I not tried out the 1440p in anything yet.

Elkwood Level 70 Druid

Blog Entries
    Nice rig Elk!

Almost as drunk as Andaas Tenelen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yeah very snazzy looking PC there Elk

Hoss Officer / WoW
    Very nice job Elk.