Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: *tap* *tap* *tap* this thing on?

Quote Originally Posted by Scrith View Post
    Hi! Not playing anything (except this these things they make me play at work). Working on new and improved game AI to make all of your lives more miserable (it's getting to the point now where I have to make them dumber to make the player competitive...you guys need to get better and participate in our play tests -- making NPCs blind and deaf isn't very fun). Last game was Rise of the Tomb Raider (I was lead AI, as usual).
    I'm always up for play tests! AI is always an interesting subject I'd always wanted to pick your brain on ;P

Almost as drunk as Andaas Tenelen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Scrith!!!

Hi
    There is no smile of an angel without the wrath of god.

Rika!@
    Widespread Panic

Rika!
    Ab alio spectes alteri quod feceris

Word
    -Trev
    Tree Humper Extraordinaire
    Retired

Trevlen
    Sexah Gnome Mage

So is Hoss still actively raiding these days? The forums are so dead..
    Oldmanska Dwarf Hunter Extraordinaire
    Oldmanksa Armory

Yes we are...doing Heroic Nighthold atm, until the new zones come out in a month or so.

Glad to hear it. If you are ever short on people, look me up.
    Oldmanska Dwarf Hunter Extraordinaire
    Oldmanksa Armory

If folks wants to experience some nostalgia-

I'm playing on an EQ Emu server. Similar to p99. It's a very low pop server. Currently in Velious, day before Luckin. Pretty much have a run of the place. With no competition for spawns and such. We're killing Zlandicar for ST keys. Trying to break into ToV. 3 box allowed. Most of us do just that. obviously free to play. Titanium or Underfoot client is recommended. website is Legacyoffroststone.com

Just wanted to toss this out there in anyone is longing for the good ol days.
    -Trev
    Retired

Trevlen
    Sexah Gnome Mage

A Hero of the Seven Suns Torrid's Avatar
    That Froststone emu went 3 box? That makes no sense when TAKP and p2002 are 3 box. I tried to get TAKP to go 2 box but was outvoted. We launched before those other two. Meanwhile there is plenty of demand for a 1 box server that goes beyond Velious.

I'm biased of course, but if you're going to play on a 3 box emu, then TAKP is the best place. NPC stats and game mechanics there are the most accurate of any emu and the client is era appropriate. Recently Secrets released an update to the client that unlocked the mouse cursor and prevented alt key sticking so any QOL benefits from using Titanium are negligible now.

He has all the coding in for Luclin, just hasn't made it live yet. Yeah, this past summer he made it 3 box. Sitting in HoT now with my SK, Mage, and cleric farming skyshrine gear. Have a few ST Keys. Got master of the guard down with 5 toons. Working on Progenitor. Have Dagarn and Feshlak on farm status. Doesn't say much, I know, but not bad for low pop. Anyways, I'm enjoying it.
    Last edited by Trevlen; 04-19-2017 at 11:53 AM.
    -Trev
    Retired

Trevlen
    Sexah Gnome Mage

A Hero of the Seven Suns Torrid's Avatar
    It's impossible for him to have 'all of Luclin's code done' because it's sort of an endeavor that never ends. Accuracy can always improve. Content like the grimling war and inner Acrylia Caverns for example was rarely done and is no longer available on Live servers. Important details about these events are not found online either. TAKP has the unique advantage that the userbase played a server stuck in PoP for a decade so they are the best source for this information. (we also have showEQ collects/videos) Of course if he's running the revamped zones then this doesn't matter and you're not playing a real progression server.

It's frustrating spending thousands of hours on a project to get details right only to see so many users flock to servers who pull numbers out of their ass and nobody giving a damn that the mobs they kill on those servers are ez-mode versions. (buy hey, Titanium) Dagarn for example has a massive ATK-- much larger than the AoW even-- and TAKP is the only place that you'll face a Dagarn that will hit you as hard as he should. Most emus don't bother to even get the max hits correct, let alone parse ATKs. Even EQ Live is way less accurate than we are. Project EQ (EQEmu's default database) will eventually input much of my data however.

Stock EQEmu had so many terribly bad mechanics errors. Raid boss AoEs for example were using the same logic as any other random class spell which had delays added to the recast timers, resulting in breath weapons casting far less frequently than they should. This is still not fixed on EQEmu as far as I'm aware. The guys who pull EQEmu code with PEQ and put up a server locked at expansion X don't fix this stuff. TAKP has been fixing this stuff for 4 years.